Lian Li V600F

• Thread starter Deleted member 222586
  • Start date
its a slightly larger & slightly redesigned a04.. not a bad thing..

Looks almost identical to the A04. Not sure what the point of it is. Especially since the A04 is so new.. Changes I noticed:

Increase ventilation on front panel (new version looks ugly IMO)
Remove rear 80mm fan grill:
Changed side panel mounting style.

They probably use external from good old V600 and internal from new A04 and new case is ready :cool:

Looks almost identical to the A04. Not sure what the point of it is. Especially since the A04 is so new..
If you look at the rest of the Lian Li products you'll notice several common skeletons with different skins. I'm sure it allows Lian Li to cater to a wider variety of customers whilst keeping production costs down. In some instances it may come down to a straightforward choice of styles, but with these two: PC-A04 has the simple and elegant, 'standard' front panel, whereas the PC-V600F has the high airflow/maximum cooling front panel. It makes sense to offer both, especially as there aren't really that many high quality mATX cases to choose from.

Overall I think this layout/skeleton design is somewhat flawed - the 120mm top fan looks too close to the CPU socket and I can only see issues trying to configure the heatsink with clean airflow though the case. Not ideal for keeping the noise tolerable in higher powered gaming PC's.

Overall I think this layout/skeleton design is somewhat flawed - the 120mm top fan looks too close to the CPU socket and I can only see issues trying to configure the heatsink with clean airflow though the case. Not ideal for keeping the noise tolerable in higher powered gaming PC's.

I agree, I can see a lot of speculation toward an H50/70 fitting or not fitting in the future. However, I'll bet you can fit a tower-esque heatsink/cooler there and almost create a push/pull configuration out of the case.

I think aside that- the design is great. the second I saw it I wanted it. I am coming from a pc-v354.

Did anyone notice any filters for the two intake fans in the front? Without filters dust is going to be a real problem.

The snap-on side panel is a new thing… which may or may not be a good idea. I hope the hot-swap cages and top-ports assembly become available separately so I can put them in my A04. On that note, how long until there's an A04F that includes them?

I hope a Corsair H50 will fit in that top exhaust. Kinda doubt it since it may interfere with the mobo but hey, I guess we don't really know yet until someone tries it. If it does... the V600F will be my next case. :D

Ouch, $200 is a bit steep considering it's bigger brother, the V1020, is not much more.

I think it's reasonably likely that the lower drive cage will be removable, based on other Lian Li cases where similar drive cages can be easily unscrewed from the frame. If the worst happens and it's riveted on, it won't be too difficult to drill out the rivets (and tap some screw threads instead)

Looks almost identical to the A04. Not sure what the point of it is. Especially since the A04 is so new.. Changes I noticed:

Increase ventilation on front panel (new version looks ugly IMO)
Remove rear 80mm fan grill:
Changed side panel mounting style.

-One of the 5.25's is stealthed on the 600... Not sure if the A-04 supports stealth covers.
-The rounded edges give it a higher-end look IMO.
-Windowed all-anodized black version (V600FX) available.
-Possibly thicker aluminum used since it is twice the price...
-Most importantly, it has 5 3.5" hot-swappable SATA drive bays, making HD upgrading a breeze. This is the feature that sells me the case. I am going to use this case for an HTPC, so swapping HDDs easily is a big deal for me. My current chassis for my HTPC is my P182, which makes me waste an hour putting in a new HDD in that cramped lower bay and re-cleaning the wiring.

For all these reasons, I think that 200 is not too much to ask for this case. Unfortunately, the FX version is commanding $240 ATM, which is more than I would like to spend. Still, I think that $200 is not out-to-lunch pricing for the extras offered up by this case vs. the budget A04.

For inquiring minds, Newegg has the V600F series in stock ranging from $220 for the B and A versions to $240 and $250 for the X and R versions, respectively. This is before shipping and taxes too; a bit steep, but we'll see how the prices fair in the coming weeks/months.

One thing that makes me wonder is why Lian Li didn't decide to anodize the interior of the red version black too. Hmm!

One thing that makes me wonder is why Lian Li didn't decide to anodize the interior of the red version black too. Hmm!

Since anodizing is immersing the aluminum in a solution, that might have been very difficult. They could have done the pieces other than the exterior of the case.

Can you really call this thing SFF? I mean I guess it accepts mATX boards but the design of this is such that it is virtually the size of any standard ATX mini-tower.

ChipHell has a review. Translation of their conclusions:

Advantages:

1. Lian Li Aluminum traditional fine processing technology;
  2. Size and slightly smaller than the ATX and M-ATX and it looks slightly larger than the horizontal chassis, but at least this product be M-ATX chassis a good choice;
  3. Aluminum side panels and the shell thickness of more satisfactory;
  4. Internal structure is reasonable, the removable hard disk storage designed to compatible graphics card in the sale of any length;
  5. Dual 12cm into the single 12cm out of the cooling conditions for a small chassis is already considered a very powerful;
  6. Screwless removable side commendable, hope in the future joint force for more products in the continued use of this design.

Disadvantages:

1. Lian Li will never give you the perfect product, V600F body are no extra holes, but just open the front panel full of holes;
  2. For a M-ATX chassis, the current domestic market price of $ 16xx is really too high;
  3. Chassis can not be compatible with more than 150mm tower heatsink, flawed ah.

so anyone found any reviews or people who used this case for their builds?

only live pics Ive found are:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4008/pcv600fx03.jpg

and

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2673/pcv600fx04.jpg

So I just migrated my Z68 rig to from an Antec P182 to the V600FX and it was quite the task indeed. Along the way I added a LianLi fan controller, Pioneer BDR drive, Geforce 560ti (fastest card that fits this case without having to take out the top HD cage), extra 3tb storage drive, Corsiar Force GT (that I'm going to return for either an M4 or 510)...

I also had to change out my TRUE, since it protrudes 10mm outside of the case, preventing the door from closing. My research indicated the best cooler that could actually fit this case was the C14 by Noctua. It fits in dual fan mode on the M4 GeneZ without interfering with my 4 Ripjaws X modules.

Overall, it is a sexy case, but I can now hear HDD seek noise of my storage drives clearly when I access them. The drive rails for the hotswap bays are hard plastic that do not have any sound dampening.

There are a lot of quibbles/concerns I have with the case...
-it's a super tight fit and damn hard to put together
-had to remove motherboard to install C14 cooler back plate
-lots of open spots where dust can enter front and back... especially the top front where you can actually see the bdr drive label through the grille.
-the top drive cage was way crooked when fully tightened into place until i used some rubber grommet spacers to keep it square... I should not have to do this when I've spent 240 dollars!
-the C14 barely fits and I have to use a wooden ruler to release the PCIe latch for my video card. The fan tabs for the cooler are mere millimeters away from the top of the card PCB.
-seek noise on HDDs.... not a huge problem for me as my main drive is an SSD and all my storage drives are green power WDs, but I could only imagine how bad the case would vibrate if I had fast 7200rpm drives in there.
-the back door pops off easily in the front bottom corner if you do not have your wires packed tightly.
-ROM drive cover can only be installed in the top 5 1/4 drive bay.
-no SD card reader
-window too big for its own good, should not show optical drive in my opinion
-hotswap SATA PCB design is short-sighted; position of SATA port interferes with power connectors, preventing you from using right-angled SATA cables, and thus making it harder to keep your cables tight (leading to door pop-off issues).
-A flap-cover for the USB/audio/eSATA ports would have been nice
-case should have been wide enough to accomodate a rear 120mm fan

I will post pics soon to show the case. It is indeed a very sexy case and I love it, but it is not for those without patience or tight budgets, that's for sure.

EDIT: pics :)

The fan clips for the CP14 are only a couple millimeters away from my 560ti PCB:

Talk about shoddy craftsmanship here... if you tighten the drive cage to the rail, the cage will be crooked:

Corrected by placing rubber grommets in place (used the spare grommets supplied for the second 2.5" drive installation, this was a pain in the ass to do since the screw can barely thread the distance):

Not-so-nice fit and finish here either:

Case shot with the Force GT installed. Looked cool with the case but had to go... Got a 510 now and it's perfectly stable so far:

Front of case:

Back of case showing excellent craftsmanship:

Front of case with lights on:

Front of case in the dark:

It's hard to tell but the spot under the PSU allows dust to get in the case. It's cool how this design sets the PSU inward though:

Case shot with the 510 installed. Good riddance, spawn of satan!

Another shot of the back:

Tried to be as neat as possible here, but really you can't see it and the door closes on it fine... pic also shows bad socket cut-out placement:

CP14 directly over RAM. Pretty nice, I should get good component cooling with this setup:

Hope you all enjoyed, and sorry that some of the pics stretched awkwardly in fullscreen view...

Last edited:
When you post pics, can you preferably show how packed the back panel can get. And also a day and night shot to show how bright the LED fans can get.

Bit the bullet and bought the v600f on Newegg a few days ago. I was pretty discouraged by the really bad reviews of the case. Then a few good ones came along with easy fixes to the case's shortcomings (i.e. remove top fan dust filter for more space between the fan and mobo)

The case reminds me of a smaller Mac Pro. I love the clean, rounded side panels and the mesh front bezel. The stealth drive is really nice too because bare DVD burner face plates can really ruin the overall look of a case.

Yes, the interior is tight. The most difficult component to install was the PSU because one of the side-panel sockets will push up against it as you try to get the PSU in place. Positioning it requires you to push the PSU against the socket until it "snaps" into place. It makes a really disconcerting sound - but once it's done, it's done.

The wiring space is also tight, so I used twist ties and some tie mounts to really keep things up against the mobo tray.

I also replaced the front two fans with Scythe S-Flex and the top 140mm fan with a Kama Flex. I think it looks nicer without the LED lighting.

I was able to fit a Zalman 9900cnsp MAX in the case, but just barely. I am still puzzled as to how non of the fins hit the side panel when I close the case. So 155mm is the absolute maximum CPU height for this case.

Anyway, here are some pics:

2011-10-14_10-46-10_527-1.jpg

2011-10-14_10-44-29_490.jpg

2011-10-14_10-47-45_639.jpg

Anyway, here's some pics:

About time some user pics of this case showed up. Looks great guys. Anyone get one in a color other than black?

Can anyone tell me if the bottom hard drive cage would obstruct installation of a long graphics card in the second and third slot?

If not, this case will be mine :)

Bit the bullet and bought the v600f on Newegg a few days ago. I was pretty discouraged by the really bad reviews of the case. Then a few good ones came along with easy fixes to the case's shortcomings (i.e. remove top fan dust filter for more space between the fan and mobo)
Anyway, here's some pics:

How are the temps with your dual gpu setup? and what cards are they ^^

thinking of building a X79 matx setup with this case, just hate the goddamn CPU cooler limitation (height)

Last edited:
So I just migrated my Z68 rig to from an Antec P182 to the V600FX and it was quite the task indeed. Along the way I added a LianLi fan controller, Pioneer BDR drive, Geforce 560ti (fastest card that fits this case without having to take out the top HD cage), extra 3tb storage drive, Corsiar Force GT (that I'm going to return for either an M4 or 510)...

I also had to change out my TRUE, since it protrudes 10mm outside of the case, preventing the door from closing. My research indicated the best cooler that could actually fit this case was the C14 by Noctua. It fits in dual fan mode on the M4 GeneZ without interfering with my 4 Ripjaws X modules.

Overall, it is a sexy case, but I can now hear HDD seek noise of my storage drives clearly when I access them. The drive rails for the hotswap bays are hard plastic that do not have any sound dampening.

There are a lot of quibbles/concerns I have with the case...
-it's a super tight fit and damn hard to put together
-had to remove motherboard to install C14 cooler back plate
-lots of open spots where dust can enter front and back... especially the top front where you can actually see the bdr drive label through the grille.
-the top drive cage was way crooked when fully tightened into place until i used some rubber grommet spacers to keep it square... I should not have to do this when I've spent 240 dollars!
-the C14 barely fits and I have to use a wooden ruler to release the PCIe latch for my video card. The fan tabs for the cooler are mere millimeters away from the top of the card PCB.
-seek noise on HDDs.... not a huge problem for me as my main drive is an SSD and all my storage drives are green power WDs, but I could only imagine how bad the case would vibrate if I had fast 7200rpm drives in there.
-the back door pops off easily in the front bottom corner if you do not have your wires packed tightly.
-ROM drive cover can only be installed in the top 5 1/4 drive bay.
-no SD card reader
-window too big for its own good, should not show optical drive in my opinion
-hotswap SATA PCB design is short-sighted; position of SATA port interferes with power connectors, preventing you from using right-angled SATA cables, and thus making it harder to keep your cables tight (leading to door pop-off issues).
-A flap-cover for the USB/audio/eSATA ports would have been nice
-case should have been wide enough to accomodate a rear 120mm fan

I will post pics soon to show the case. It is indeed a very sexy case and I love it, but it is not for those without patience or tight budgets, that's for sure.

EDIT: pics :)

The fan clips for the CP14 are only a couple millimeters away from my 560ti PCB:

Talk about shoddy craftsmanship here... if you tighten the drive cage to the rail, the cage will be crooked:

Corrected by placing rubber grommets in place (used the spare grommets supplied for the second 2.5" drive installation, this was a pain in the ass to do since the screw can barely thread the distance):

Not-so-nice fit and finish here either:

Case shot with the Force GT installed. Looked cool with the case but had to go... Got a 510 now and it's perfectly stable so far:

Front of case:

Back of case showing excellent craftsmanship:

Front of case with lights on:

Front of case in the dark:

It's hard to tell but the spot under the PSU allows dust to get in the case. It's cool how this design sets the PSU inward though:

Case shot with the 510 installed. Good riddance, spawn of satan!

Another shot of the back:

Tried to be as neat as possible here, but really you can't see it and the door closes on it fine... pic also shows bad socket cut-out placement:

CP14 directly over RAM. Pretty nice, I should get good component cooling with this setup:

Hope you all enjoyed, and sorry that some of the pics stretched awkwardly in fullscreen view...

hey jubrany,

i posted a question about almost the exact setup you have concerning your mobo and CPU heatsink except i was going to use different ram.. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1653524 i'm glad you have ALMOST the same setup, it helps me out. but what are your temps like? have you/could you test them out w/ only the top fan? have you O/Ced your CPU?

thanks dude!!!

There really are very few build pics of this case on the web. I don't know if it's because of the low reviews on Newegg or what. I just completed mine and thought I'd contribute some pics. This is my first build using Lian Li. I swapped out all the Lian Li fans for my own and was going for a red-black theme.

Parts List:
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z
CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K
HSF: Spire Thermax Eclipse II (2x 120mm Phobya Nano-2G fans in push-pull)
RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 Low Profile
GPU: XFX Radeon HD6950 1GB
SSD: Intel X25-M 80GB
HDD: 4TB of HDD's
ODD: ASUS BC-08B1LT Blu-Ray Drive
PSU: Enermax Liberty Modular 500W
Fans: 2x Phobya 120mm Nano-2G fans for intake, 1x Phobya 140mm Nano-G for exhaust
Case: Lian Li PC-V600FX

First issue to come up that many complain about, the space between the 8-pin and the top 140mm fan:
IMG_2307.jpg

After removing the fan filter and swapping to regular fan screws, there is plenty of space for the 8-pin. Who needs an air filter on an exhaust fan anyway? This really is a non-issue:
IMG_2314.jpg

Another clearance issue is with the optical drive and the side of the motherboard. Mine barely fit with about 1mm to spare. The drive is 185mm long:
IMG_2339.jpg

The next challenge was finding a good CPU heatsink to fit the case. Most tower coolers are ~160mm tall and will not fit. The cooler I went with is 153mm tall, and as you can see here just barely fits with about 2-3mm to spare:
IMG_2332.jpg

Here is the complete build. The top hard drive cage was removed because I didn't need it and to improve airflow. I could not route the 24-pin behind the non-windowed side because it kept popping off the panel. It will have to stay where it is for now:
IMG_2367.jpg

Another pic of the complete build, but with the side panel installed:
IMG_2369.jpg

A shot from the back (Keen eyes will note that my graphics card is in the top slot. I later moved it to the bottom slot to give the CPU heatsink more room to breathe. Edit: had to move the card back to the top slot... the bottom slot is only 8x):
IMG_2344.jpg

The light show:
IMG_2359.jpg

Again, but from the front:
IMG_2360.jpg

Other notes about the build:
  • I had to get 2x M3 motherboard standoffs because no extras came with the case. The case only comes with 6 standoffs and my board needed 8. I purchased Lian Li branded standoffs from FrozenCPU.com.
  • I purchased left-angle SATA cables because the hot-swap bays are oriented such that left-angle cables will point the cable towards the motherboard. I got them from an website called Circuit Assembly. 6" cables were a perfect fit for the 90° motherboard headers.
  • I also had to purchase an 8-pin extension cable because the one on my PSU was about 3" too short if I ran it behind the motherboard tray. It would reach if I did not go behind the motherboard tray.

Last edited:
hey jubrany,

i posted a question about almost the exact setup you have concerning your mobo and CPU heatsink except i was going to use different ram.. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1653524 i'm glad you have ALMOST the same setup, it helps me out. but what are your temps like? have you/could you test them out w/ only the top fan? have you O/Ced your CPU?

thanks dude!!!

Well, it runs a bit on the hotter side to be honest. A couple of reasons for this:
(1) the CPU does not push the air in the direction of the exhaust, and
(2) I was lazy and left my CPU voltage on auto. Since the XMP profile forces the CPU on 3.8GHz turbo boost, it idles rather high (Realtemp is reporting ~48 degrees C with the fans slightly undervolted, using AS5 as per the install instructions on their website). But I believe this is due to the high VID of the auto voltage setting (about 1.3611v while fully loaded at 3.8)... Well, to be completely fair, the P182 setup with the TRUE had a much more efficient airflow path and ran cooler... But I could've sworn that the jump to 706 and later BIOS versions increased the auto-voltage applied to the chip, and I remember my temps suffering because of it. Anyway photographic evidence of the temps I'm getting in an unrealistic scenario (running the fans at full speed didn't help temps and only made the system noisier):

tempsxh.png

Oh, and the 560ti hit a max load temp of ~75 degrees C (on maxed out Skyrim with GPUz 0.5.5 to monitor temps)

Hope this helps. Ultimately, this case is a bit form over function... but I wanted easy drive swapping, good looks with no cheap plastic allowed, and minimal footprint, so that's the price I paid.

I'm getting pretty good temps with my setup, at least at stock settings:

RealTempLoad.jpg

I have a heatsink that shoots the heat towards the top 140mm fan though. I have my CPU voltage set to auto in BIOS also.

I'm getting pretty good temps with my setup, at least at stock settings:

RealTempLoad.jpg

I have a heatsink that shoots the heat towards the top 140mm fan though. I have my CPU voltage set to auto in BIOS also.

Sweet, thanks for showing your setup. That is the temps I used to get with my P182 + TRUE + 402 BIOS setup (with iGPU).

What BIOS version are you using, and what is your VID on max load with IBT using Realtemp 3.69.1? Mine is way too high at 1.36v...

Ok, here's another run with Realtemp 3.69.1. It looks like my VID is at 1.3511V. I'm running BIOS 0902.

RealTempLoad2.jpg

Might want to check the mounting of your Noctua. I do have different case fans and I've removed the top hard drive bay, but I don't see why you should have temps 20°C higher than me using the same case.

Edit: I'm using MX-4 for my thermal paste BTW.

Edit #2: All of my fans are set to PWM control "Silent" setting in BIOS.

Last edited:
Ok, here's another run with Realtemp 3.69.1. It looks like my VID is at 1.3511V. I'm running BIOS 0902.

Might want to check the mounting of your Noctua. I do have different case fans and I've removed the top hard drive bay, but I don't see why you should have temps 20°C higher than me using the same case.

Edit: I'm using MX-4 for my thermal paste BTW.

Thanks!

I am convinced it is just bad airflow and not mounting, but once I make time to dust it out I will check the mounting. Also, I kept the top fan filter, so airflow is restricted, and it is dusty and needs a bit of cleaning so I think it could run cooler. Honestly, not using a tower fan really destroyed the performance. And I think it is impossible to install an H20 cooler (like a Corsair H60) on the top exhaust... right?

Also, the stock case fans aren't that good. I want put in some Scythes with better static pressure.

There really are very few build pics of this case on the web. I don't know if it's because of the low reviews on Newegg or what. I just completed mine and thought I'd contribute some pics. This is my first build using Lian Li. I swapped out all the Lian Li fans for my own and was going for a red-black theme.

Very nice build.

When you removed the top fan filter, how did you mount the fan? Looking at the official case gallery on Lian Li's website, I noticed that there aren't any screw holes on the top fan exhaust grill. Also, where did you actually buy the case because Newegg only caries the regular version without the black interior.

The top fan has rubber grommets around the screws that slide into slots to hold the fan in place. The screws are extended length to allow the filter and grommets to be installed.

If you remove the fan filter, the original screws are too long and the grommets don't sit flush with the fan. Installing regular length fan screws with just the grommets allows you to install the fan and give about 4-5mm extra clearance.

I bought my case from newegg when they were on sale. I only paid $159.99 with free S&H. The FX windowed version is discontinued now for some strange reason. Glad I snatched one.

Back