Lian Li V2000a and XP90?

Brando457

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to order the XP90 but i have the V2000a Lian Li case and if anyone else knows or owns it they know there is a support beam going right across the case

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-112-053-05.JPG

see the bar running across the middle?

well my question is would a Thermalright XP90 fit in this case without worrying about room and hitting hte bar?

I have the epox ep9nda3+

thanks for any help!

i had an xp-120 mounted inside that case with a 38mm thick fan on top. it'll have plenty of room.

really?

i saw someone try to mount a xp120 in their case and they had to cut the bottom portion of the support beam?

so .... got pics of ur install

ive seen the same now that you mention it. i used a dfi nf4 board so the cpu socket was located more to the center of the motherboard. if your boards cpu socket is more to the "top" then you might have to do that cut-out deal.

are you serious?

I figured the XP90 since it is smaller than the XP120 would fit no problem....

if the XP90 requires cutting, then what is a good cooler that wouldn't require cutting

this fumes me that I can't use a great cooler like the XP90 and XP120 without cutting a $200 case :(

I've got the older V2100 (same internals just the 'silent' version) & you know you can remove that bar right? it's only needed for full length PCI cards for support and I've removed it cause it got in the way of 3 SATA connectors on my RAID card. Also that bar is what 1" deep max anywhere near where any CPU cooler has any right to be (when it gets deeper your where graphics cards & expansion cards live!

A much bigger possible problem is if the mobo has the socket near the edge of the motherboard the cooler could fowl the wall of the mobo section, where you talking about that all the time? Anyway PSU would normally live near there anyway so it'd be a bit of a stupid place to put the CPU socket.

you're thinking of the wrong bar mate

im not talking about the one that goes vertical im talkin about the horizontal bar seperating the chambers

It all depends on your motherboard. I had no problems with a DFI NF4, XP 120, and V1200B.
soo.....what board do you have?

Back