Lian-Li V1200 question

is it at all possible to fit a PA120.3 radiator up on the top panel of a lian-li v1200? im about to buy this case and need to know it it will fit or not. i know the radiatior will overlap the the motherboard a little bit, but i am unsure of how much.. i think the radiatior plus fans are like 4" tall .. has anyone seen this done before? thanks

I recently purchased a V1200 for my current build and I'm watercooling. However, I will only be using a single 120mm rad & fan. But upon looking at its dimensions, you will definately be able to fit a triple fan rad setup on top, it certainly has the length.

As far as has low it hangs, it depends on your radiator and fan thickness because they are not all the same. I'm using a Black Ice® GT Stealth Highest Peformance radiator mated to a 25mm Aqua Computer Airstream fan. Together they have a total thickness of only 2 1/8", which suits my needs.

Even so, it still overhangs the motherboard by about an inch or so. In addition, with a radiator as long as a triple, you will lose at least 1 PCI slot and your top 5 1/4" bay even with the V1200's length.

Here is the Black Ice® GT Stealth 360 if you are interested, it even comes in 3 colors =).

Yes, I'm certainly curious about the PA120.3 as well. Also depending on your system the GT's will cut flow compared to other rad's I would definitely recommend an MCR320 over a stealth anyday.

Yes you are able to fit a tri rad on top. Cutting is the only scary part.

And there are Templates out there as well. ;)

Yes, I'm certainly curious about the PA120.3 as well. Also depending on your system the GT's will cut flow compared to other rad's I would definitely recommend an MCR320 over a stealth anyday.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Depends on what's more important to the OP. Furthermore, the Stealth is serious performing radiator offering less pressure drop with 50% more fin density. Ideal for quiet slow spinning fans for a near silent watercooling setup. These come in 2 pass AND single pass configs. You don't have to have super high flow to have great performance.

I don't think it will, I've got a 1200 case and a dual 120mm Radiator setup, here's a pic of the clearance between my mobo and the rad.

PS-sorry for the blurriness taking pics without flash is hard to keep steady when you sitting on the floor ><

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Depends on what's more important to the OP. Furthermore, the Stealth is serious performing radiator offering less pressure drop with 50&#37; more fin density. Ideal for quiet slow spinning fans for a near silent watercooling setup. These come in 2 pass AND single pass configs. You don't have to have super high flow to have great performance.

I guess I was going off these numbers, I have owned a HW Labs Stealth GT (2x120mm) and currently own a 2 HW Labs GTX (2x120mm) while the density of fins technically "cool" better in theory it also creates more fan noise depending on fan RPM. The MCR/Cooltek has a less dense fin configuration and cools better than the GT 360 (within a few degrees) with less fan noise. My recommendation was based on my personal experience with the Stealth GT and MCR series radiators and with rigorous testing done by Marci and numerous XS members and Mods.

The advantage the GT has is the profile 29.60mm thick vs. the MCR at 34mm with a Yateloon fan in a perfect world the dimensions for the GT + Fan would be 2.15" vs the MCR at 2.32". Less noise and better performance at a .17 of an inch cost. But hey thats just my .02 shekels....

I have yet to throw my WC setup in my rig yet, but I already put the triple rad gril on my v1200. Take a look...

DSC01505.jpg

DSC01499.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

I can post some much better photos later when I get back home this weekend.

Here ya go, there's some older pictures in there that I found from when I first did it. There are some comparison shots in there as well.

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

n1262670057_30009128_3860.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

As you can see, my wiring jobs have gotten better. (See first picture) heh. If you need anymore let me know. If you want to add the rad you'd have to move the optical drive down one level.

hmm judging from those pictures it is lookin pretty hairy.. the PA120.3 is one thick mother, and slightly longer than other triple rads due to odd fan spacing.. so looks like a triple is out for me... so i could for sure get a dual up there, or go with a silverstone TJ07 which can easily house a triple rad in the bottom section...

Thanks for the pics guys! ;)

Yea, 3x120mm is out. There's just no way you're going to get the clearance of the fans and the rad without blocking the mobo.

Are you just going to be cooling the CPU? Or the CPU and other things? If it's going to just be the CPU in the loop with a reservoir, the 2x120mm will be overkill actually, but 2x120mm + reservoir is going to be able to cool probably a cpu and a vidcard/chipset.

I've got a V1000 and what i did was buy a Lian-Li 3 hard drive cage for the 5.25 in drive bays. (takes up 3 of em) Then I took the hard drive cages out of the bottom and put my 120.2 radiator and fans down there (blowing downward through the grating). Works quite well. since you already have the rad grill up top you could just install 3 120mm fans blowing air (in or out) to cool the system.

Also I suggest buying the small version of the EK cylinder res. instaling it above the 120mm exhaust fan. With a fillport installed in the case above it and the pump sitting on the decking below where the res is. Looks cool if you have a window and provides easy fill access.

Back