Lian Li V1110 Opinions?

Cyrilix

2[H]4U
I'm sort of interested in this case, as well as the Lian Li A20, but the A20 is more expensive. I can get the A1110 for a bit less than $300 (which I'm willing to pay for if it's a really nice case).

Aside from the bit-tech and OCIA reviews, I haven't been able to find much else. Can I get any comments/testimonials from anyone on this case?

While in theory this kind "dual chamber" design gives better cooling without increasing number of fans because of better airflow control it has also drawbacks:
If you want to use many 5.25" bays you'll be decreasing air intake area of motherboard chamber so at least two bays have to be left free.
Also motherboard chamber where all big heat producers are has only one exhaust without getting BS-03 or BS-06. (A20 looks to come with BS-06)
As smaller thing doing cabling is less straightforward.
Except for those things it should be very good case...
(just don't think that sound insulation works, like in general it's entirely too thin and light to do really anything)

I was myself considering full size V2110 as one choise but because of above reasons discarded it in favour of also cheaper A71.

Thanks for the reply. What's the mid-tower equivalent of the A71? I don't have many optical drives (I will only be using a single 5.25" bay). I will also only be using a maximum of 2 hard drive bays, so the amount of bays provided with any case is overkill. I have a separate NAS for all my storage needs (also for modularity purposes).

Back