LIAN LI T1 Spider on Video

Better commercial than anything on the super bowl, that's for sure. I think we have a winner for "Weirdest Case".

Haha good one, Lian Li! April Fools comes early!

Atleast i hope so.. because this thing is hideous.

Clicked YouTube link... Clicked one star rating... closed window & tried to forget the 2 minutes of my life I just wasted.

awesome! i have no problem with the "case." i think its interesting, and possibly even good for its intended purpose.

lol @ the fishing lines. looks pretty awsome, wouldn't mind having one as long as the hinges are sturdy. simplistic designs are nice and all, but you know it's going to have a ridiculous price tag.

This was to freakin' awesome
Friend of mine has a phobia of spiders, and we were discussing the evilness of my sending him a tinyurl of some gigantic spider poised for attack... and a few hours later this gets posted
That he is a big computer nerd as am I, and cases are something we discuss a lot, this was just to perfect.

Regarding the case itself, meh... other than a bench test case open cases like this just dont grab me, and this doesnt seem like much of a bench test case

lian li owners are like bmw owners.

you could put a lian li badge on a pile of cow shit, and people would pay $500 for it.

lian li owners are like Mac owners.
you could put a lian li badge on a pile of cow shit, and people would pay $500 for it.

fixed that for ya

That seems like a completely ignorant statement. That said, that case is fucked up and it makes all of my Lian Li cases seem a little less cool all of a sudden.

Who the hell would buy that?

people who bench on itx rigs with an atx power supply and zero hard drives or peripherals and have enough room for a 3'x3' case when they really only need 1'x1'. im sure its a huge market!

Video could have used some work in the special effects department. :p

Honestly, I'm not impressed. Give me an Erector set and I could make the same design. Might not be as pretty but still would exhibit the same functionality.

That seems like a completely ignorant statement. That said, that case is fucked up and it makes all of my Lian Li cases seem a little less cool all of a sudden.

So true. Judging by his post, he doesn't know what he's talking about because anyone who's ever owned a Lian Li case would talk about the quality and craftsmanship first, and not some potshot about the price tag.

re: video
This is some lame shit that Antec would come up with, but I guess they were too busy working on price gouging on the Skeleton chassis to transform one into a spider. :D Not like they give a crap but I just lost a lot of respect for LL. Oh well...I'll always remember my V1000 and continue loving my FT02 (the proverbial big brother IMHO to the V1000).

Why not is my question?
Looks like a hardware demo case to me, like what you see at sponsor booths.

Lian Li produces these weird cases occasionally. An example of this is the snail case they made some years back. I guess they just want to produce something new once in a while.

lian li owners are like Mac owners.

fixed that for ya

Haha, I would disagree... although some people are extreme...

I like LianLi cases but there are a lot of them that I find terrible layout/design. I don't think I've ever spent more than $100 on a LianLi case either...

That is just a dumb idea, just as bad as the Antec Skeletons... so pointless...

A real benchmark style case should have tool-less designs for everything that work well, so you can swap out new hardware quickly/easily and have easy access to all of it. I've yet to see anything that is reasonably priced and works well like that.

So true. Judging by his post, he doesn't know what he's talking about because anyone who's ever owned a Lian Li case would talk about the quality and craftsmanship first, and not some potshot about the price tag.

re: video
This is some lame shit that Antec would come up with, but I guess they were too busy working on price gouging on the Skeleton chassis to transform one into a spider. :D Not like they give a crap but I just lost a lot of respect for LL. Oh well...I'll always remember my V1000 and continue loving my FT02 (the proverbial big brother IMHO to the V1000).

Okay, I will agree with the original remark about Lian Li and BMW (and macs)

C'mon people, Lian Li used to sell these cases wholesale to other companies, and you could get one for <$100, now their like gold or something, and workmanship?! I've gotten too many cuts from these "wonderful" cases to agree with that.

The one nice thing I will say about them, is at least they pack 'em decent. Only ever remember UPS damaging one in the hundreds I've shipped.

I generally associate Lian Li with decent case design, but WTF is this?

Clicked YouTube link... Clicked one star rating... closed window & tried to forget the 2 minutes of my life I just wasted.

Attempting the same, with no luck so far.

LN2 cooling with an ITX motherboard???

Why ITX in the first place, could have at least made it M-ATX

Ignorant or not, it's true. I'm sure it will come with a mandatory $150 + price tag, although it will be the cheapest Lian Li case on the market, but that's really not saying much is it.

Ignorant or not, it's true. I'm sure it will come with a mandatory $150 + price tag, although it will be the cheapest Lian Li case on the market, but that's really not saying much is it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ption=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

Heh, they have 16 cases under $100... 13 cases between $100-150...

You do partially pay for the name with LianLi but as it stands, I've never been disappointed with the quality in a LianLi case. Almost everything is well made... I also bought the Corsair 800D when it came out, some pieces were excellent and other pieces were disappointing in design/quality.. It was their first release but I know atleast with LianLi that it will be built well.

Not saying this is a good design/case, but it's not going to be poor quality.

Okay, I will agree with the original remark about Lian Li and BMW (and macs)

C'mon people, Lian Li used to sell these cases wholesale to other companies, and you could get one for <$100, now their like gold or something, and workmanship?! I've gotten too many cuts from these "wonderful" cases to agree with that.

The one nice thing I will say about them, is at least they pack 'em decent. Only ever remember UPS damaging one in the hundreds I've shipped.

at their prices they too damn cheap to roll some edges?? cmon now. if I sprung for an LL case and got that I would have been pissed, I have a whole bunch of $20-30 cases that are at least rolled or smooth at the very least.

I've got 0 cuts from owning several LL cases and I disagree with that.

But hey, if people are content with their 2010 computer sitting in a box designed in 1985, then be my guest. :p

at their prices they too damn cheap to roll some edges?? cmon now. if I sprung for an LL case and got that I would have been pissed, I have a whole bunch of $20-30 cases that are at least rolled or smooth at the very least.

They are rolled. Lian Li cases, at least every one I've seen, are high quality. I have no idea how he managed to cut himself on one of these cases.

Back