Lian Li PCV 354 and GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Cooler Needed?

pectin232

n00b
I have the Lian Li PCV 354 and GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68. I tried the H50 and 60 both of which do not work unless if I modifiy the case or even the notherboard.. or remove the drive cages. Does anyone know if any coolers available which does not need to be modified in any way? As I need the 8 drives cage.. building a media center. Advise? Thanks

What doesn't work about the H50? I was thinking of picking up that case. It looks like a regular 120mm fan in the back. Is it just a clearance issue with the radiator?

Does the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 work better than the Noctua? or more quiet? Let me know thanks. I am sure the noctua is better and also more expensive.

The H50,60, 70 might work if u remove the drive cages or manipulate the board itself. I believe the board I have is a ZX68.. some of the connectors or components were hittting on the board itself... and I would have to saw off part of the parallel port connects or some connections that were sticking in the case which the H60 Radiator was hitting... only if I remove both drive cages was I then able to fit it nicely.. but I do not want that since I got the case was to use the 7-8 drives.. to create a media center.

Let me know about the Cooler Master Hyper TX3... thanks I have spend too much money on this PC and would definitely like the Noctua but maybe cooler Master Hyer TX3 might be better... since no one is going to open my PC to see what is in there.. as long as it works and works fine I am happy... haha..

My suggestion between the two is the Noctua NH-U9B SE 2. I have been very satisfied with my temps and noise levels. None!!!

But I am sure you would be happy with the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 also.

I agree with you on the H50 it just don't fit in the rear 120mm fans location and you lose the hard drive bays if mounting it to the front fan location along with giving the H50 a hose stretch to reach the CPU.

The top fan is to low and close to the board so with out modification the H50 just will not work. If your willing to do some modding I would say give it a try.

it should fit on the lower front fan, i have an h60 that i mounted to a socket 478, and yea it is stretched but i had the rig running for 5 hours.

so yes an h60 will work on a lian li v354b, i also mounted the rad onto the blue fan and used the h60's stock ran on the other side of the rad for a push pull, works like a charm.

Back