Lian-LI PC73SLB Project Completed -- Fabrication 'o Plenty

unixadm

Gawd
Well I've put the wraps on my Lian-LI PC73SLB Project. I'm a guy that's more interested in function over form. With that said some people may not appreciate the efforts I put forth into this case and watercooling setup because it does not have a lot of 'bling'. However it does have quite a bit of metal fabrication, custom built shrouds, custom built plenums, etc, etc.

The system is using the following parts:

Case: Lian-LI PC73SLB
Watercooling: MCP-350 Pump w/ RPM Sensing, G4 Storm CPU Block, BIX III Radiator, Dangerden Cylinder Reservoir, 1/2" Fittings, and 7/16" Ultra Smooth Bore Tygon 3/32" Sidewall Tubing.
Motherboard: Asus P5AD2-E Premium
CPU: Intel P4 3.4F w/ EM64T
Memory: OCZ PC4200 EL Platinum Rev.2, 3-2-2-8 DDR2
Storage: 2x300gb 16mb Cache Maxtors, 2x200gb Seagates, DVR-108 DVD-R
Video: X850 XT PE (Dual DVI) en route, X800 XT PE currently
DIsplays: Dual Dell 2001FP's
Power Supply: OCZ 600watt PSU (Dead, Using PC Power and Cooling 510 Deluxe)

I've spent a few weeks working on this project in my free time. I've used a variety of tools such as power shears, electric nibblers, hole saws, drill press, Box/Pan Metal bending brake, Drills, Hole Punch, Rivnuts, Jigsaw, Dremel, etc to make the parts. Like I said - not a lot of bling. I own a lot of tools so I can do more than the average home user. I like tools! :)

Overall I'm very pleased. Temps are great, noise is VERY low.. about 50% less than my Lian-LI V1200b that I replaced. I have a few other details that I'll be adding... like a PC-75B windowed side panel, and some LED backlit temperature gauges to monitor water temperature and cpu temperature.

I fabricated the following items for the case:

- Aluminum Upper Plenum Box
- Aluminum Pump Drop Box
- Aluminum Reservoir Stand/Bracket
- Aluminum Wire Organizer w/ Lid / Wire Guide
- Aluminum Shroud for BIX 3

I sleeved most all of the wiring to give things a clean look. The wire organizer helps with this too.

Pics Here: http://www.dmwtech.com/gallery/pc73slb

Back