Lian Li PC-X900 thread....

would love to know what radiator that is, and get a picture from the rear end so i can see how far the fans are from the MB tray part of the case.
It's an XSPC RS360, and its fans are 33 mm from the motherboard-tray panel.

It's an XSPC RS360, and its fans are 33 mm from the motherboard-tray panel.

so a thicker radiator could be used? would it clear the motherboard cables if it overlaps the motherboard?

can anyone confirm which radiators will fit this case? (without mod or loosing any functionality?)

another main concern is the height. looks like a tight fit up stairs. as well as width. whats that im hearing about having to remove the dust filters on wider rads?

been really tempted to buy one of these...

but dam the freaking price tag D: $570 the 800d's are like $400.. why do they make such pretty cases so expensive D:

It's very workable, but it's not the best there is for extra room. It fits my air cooling & wiring needs so far, even my R3E slips in... abit partly covering the cable holes. Dam non standard sizes. This is why my CPU Retension Hole does not line up. The all 120mm fan design, small base footprint and attention to details more than makes up for it I think. The downside is the need for a few extension cords to wire it up good. But this case isn't priced for budget minded folks. I've replaced things already, like the PCI Slot covers. I didn't like the ones that came with it.

Does that Australian price compare poorly to my $360 USD Delivered?

Last edited:
My goal was to have a black button with an illuminated ring, as on my current rig. Vandal resistance is not an issue—if there is a vandal in my computer room I have bigger concerns than my power button.

So can I buy a new cooler button that fits or not? That's one part I wish felt better.

so a thicker radiator could be used? would it clear the motherboard cables if it overlaps the motherboard?

can anyone confirm which radiators will fit this case? (without mod or losing any functionality?)
A thicker rad would fit, sort of, and yeah it would clear the motherboard (as long as your motherboard's cables go off the edge of the board and not "up"), but you'd quickly start getting severely limited for video-card space. And the front plate that holds the 120 mm fans swings open like a door; attaching too much thickness to it will prevent it from opening. I had a heck of a time getting it reinstalled with only ~60 mm total of radiator + fans attached.

Personally I can only confirm that the Swiftech MCR320 and XSPC RS360 both fit. However, the MCR320 doesn't fit very well; it is an extremely cozy fit and it also prevents reattachment of the front dust filters. The RS360 fits much better.

If I were keeping this case I would probably get Lian-Li's PT-AF12-2B filters for the front, and install them "sideways" to make for easy access. As it is now I will have to remove the middle radiator fan in order to swing that front plate open far enough. (Sharp-eyed readers may have noticed the different attachment hardware I put on that fan—that's why.)

Does that Australian price compare poorly to my $360 USD Delivered?
Currently, AU$570 = US$561. So, yes, rather poorly.

A thicker rad would fit, sort of, and yeah it would clear the motherboard (as long as your motherboard's cables go off the edge of the board and not "up"), but you'd quickly start getting severely limited for video-card space. And the front plate that holds the 120 mm fans swings open like a door; attaching too much thickness to it will prevent it from opening. I had a heck of a time getting it reinstalled with only ~60 mm total of radiator + fans attached.

Personally I can only confirm that the Swiftech MCR320 and XSPC RS360 both fit. However, the MCR320 doesn't fit very well; it is an extremely cozy fit and it also prevents reattachment of the front dust filters. The RS360 fits much better.

If I were keeping this case I would probably get Lian-Li's PT-AF12-2B filters for the front, and install them "sideways" to make for easy access. As it is now I will have to remove the middle radiator fan in order to swing that front plate open far enough. (Sharp-eyed readers may have noticed the different attachment hardware I put on that fan—that's why.)

thank you very much, rsquared, you have been very helpful. i am planning on getting 2x GTX 460s (SLI)... look at the dimensions on those cards. like 8.5 INCHES! and that length is part of the reason i want to upgrade. my current card is a GTX 275, which runs 10.5 inches i believe. once i upgrade, i am hoping the length of my card will be the least of my concerns.

are there any other factors that limit radiator choice? looks like it is a tight fit up top with the fittings. are 410 mm long triple 120 rads out of the question? i am hoping with the short video cards (thanks, nvidia) i can fit a thick, lower-FPI rad in the front. if it swings out that would be even better, because i could still hopefully move the rad without taking it off in order to access my sata ports and such. thoughts? =)

once again, thanks for your insight.

PS what is it that wider rads block?

Last edited:
i am planning on getting 2x GTX 460s (SLI)... look at the dimensions on those cards.
The GTX 460 is spec'ed at 8¼" (210 mm). Lian-Li claims the X900 offers video-card space of 305 mm with the stock fans, so 330 mm total. With a GTX 460, "thick" radiator, and standard fans, you'd have 330 – 210 – 54 – 25 = 21 mm = 0.83" of space left over.

For comparison, I measure my Radeon 5850 at 9½", 240 mm, and I'm using a 35 mm-thick rad. 330 – 240 – 35 – 25 = 30 mm = 1.18" left over. Though my tape measure finds 1¼" from radiator fan to video-card edge, so something is a bit off.

looks like it is a tight fit up top with the fittings. are 410 mm long triple 120 rads out of the question?
My Swiftech MCR320 is 410 mm, and it fit… barely (which is why I got the XSPC RS360 to replace it). It's not out of the question, but neither is it optimal. I did have to attach it with the fittings at the bottom, and push the rad as far "up" as the screw-holes play would allow, to get it to fit.

For a "thick" rad I think the best bet would be to use Scythe's 12 mm-thick "Slip Stream Slim" fans on the "outside" of the front mounting plate, as shown by yaya earlier in this thread, and a Black Ice SR-1 "optimized for low airflow" radiator on the "inside". The drawback would be the loss of the air filters.

PS what is it that wider rads block?
A wide radiator will prevent the fan filters from reattaching to the mounting plate... if you're attaching the radiator directly to the plate, like I did for fans in "pull". If you attach the fans to the mounting plate for "push" then it wouldn't matter.

ah. i would want the fittings up top. and i would want them in "pull" orientation. i guess the xspc RS360 is the way to go. and im guessing RS360 + feser xtender shrouds + SFF21G fans would be too much thickness... maybe i can find some 12 mm fan housings or shrouds to use.

I recently got to see Lian Li's red bay covers and the color is very very maroon, not superman red like I like. Thank god I ordered the x900 in black!

really disappointed in this case. its exactly the shape i want, just done all wrong. just ordered a LL pc-a70f and will be cutting it up like crazy, build log to come.

but i really wish there was a case the same basic shape as this one. i hate deep cases. i would rather have height than depth. and the triple 120 in the front could have been such a GOOD thing... sadness.

Anyone happen to know where on the 'net I can get the best price on this case at the moment? I saw Newegg has i for $339 + 19.99 shipping.

Did a little work on my X900 project. Ignore the wiring, its all temporary and will be scratch built to length and sleeved.

Disassembled my Gentle Typhoons and painted the blades white. Had some stickers custom made for the fans too. Not sure I'll keep the white blades or go back to stock grey or maybe even black.

Sourced a new windowless side panel from Taiwan and cut my own window and attached the Lexan from behind.

Removed the stock drive bay and used another from a Lian Li kit. Had it powdercoated and sourced black hot swap tracks from Taiwan. I believe the black are only found on the X2000F or something.

Also made a block-off plate for the CPU hole. Used the material I cut for the window to make the plate. Tapped the motherboard tray so its easily removeable if need be in the future.

Finally cut some additional cable holes and used the same protection clips as found stock on the X900. Got those from my contact at Lian Li as well. Had to do that because you can see the Classified motherboard partially blocks the stock cable management holes.

Will eventually make a new motherboard tray from scratch to eliminate the unused holes....

Thats all for now!

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

Just cover the panel in blue painters tape, mark off window area, and I cut with my Makita cordless jigsaw and fine bit. Sand with palm sander up to 1000 grit including corners using attachments. For final sand I always use white abrasive pad. I left the edge bare because I just prefer that look but you could carefull tape off the whole panle front and rear and leave the edge exposed and paint that or try and use a paint marker or something.

Last edited:
Looks nice but it should have more expansion slots in the back and some holes for watercooling hoses. I wonder if you could mount a triple rad in the front.

So its a no for the H70 cooler with this case??

was wondering the same thing. it is definitely a case i am considering for my next build. would be cool to put the radiator in the upper zone but the cutout between the two isn't large enough to slip either end.

Did a little work to my case. Just had a baby in Nov so not much free time (yet). LOTS of sleeving to to.

Anyways, removed all the stock clip-in filter. Seemed to fall out just by looking at them let alone trying to wrestle the front fan assembly into the case.

Lian Li released these screw-in ones. MUCH BETTER! $10 a pop but well worth it....

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

Random other shots....

DSC_0594.jpg

DSC_0582.jpg

Seems like EU price decreased by 100e as well (to ~330-350€, price is already this low in Germany, for other countries a lower price will come in effect soon), starting to think about this case again :).

so still no confirmation on the X900 and the H70 cooler?? Just seems like it could fit.

I love the X900 but it is a little to big for me and since I actually have no use for the three 5,25'' bay's or the four additional 3,5'' bay's wich are also in the 'ZONE 1' I came up with this...

What do you think? That would make it alot smaller. And you would not have these ugly ODD bezel's.
... but unfortunately I'm no one to mod on a case like this so all I can do is to hope Lian Li brings a mini X900 like this.

I love the X900 but it is a little to big for me and since I actually have no use for the three 5,25'' bay's or the four additional 3,5'' bay's wich are also in the 'ZONE 1' I came up with this...

What do you think? That would make it alot smaller. And you would not have these ugly ODD bezel's.
... but unfortunately I'm no one to mod on a case like this so all I can do is to hope Lian Li brings a mini X900 like this.

not sure if there is much of a market for cases that dont have built-in 5.25in drive bays. i thought about running an external dvd drive so that i could use all my 5.25 drive bays for HDDs but i dont think many people would want that.

on another note, looking for confirmation that a HW labs GTX 360 will fit in front of this case with a 25mm deep fan on each side.

oh, and a gtx 560 Ti graphics card.

Bumping an old thread. I hope to get a reply.

Did you have to take off the rubber pads inbetween the back exhaust fan and grille to install that H70? I'm considering on buying this case with H80 Are H70 and the screws long enough to install the radiator with the rubber pads on ?
Would H80 fit no problem ?
Replying to my post for the record.

Yes, H80 fits in X900 no problem. Installed it 2 weeks ago. Looks great.

Back