Lian Li PC-X900 thread....

shawnoen

[H]ard|Gawd
Waiting for this baby to become available and it will house my 1st watercooled build!

I passed up on a Murdermod TJ-07 for this case so it better be worth it.

Anyone else getting one? Appears to be the smaller version of the PC-X1000 with some updates! Plus it has 120mm fans vs. the X-1000s 140mm ones.

It has USB 3.0 but until that becomes standard I believe Performance PCs sells a part to swap it out for 2.0....

x900-02.jpg

x900-03.jpg

x900-01.jpg

I'm still more of a fan of the PC-X2000/500. The sleek front and side mounted external drive bays where unique.

I probably would have gotten this case if the it were on the market instead of the FT02. But it's not available yet. I'll probably end up buying it anyway to check it out. Looks like you can put a triple rad where the 3 intakes are, but not watercooling anyway. Also looks like the interior is anodized instead of powdercoated--nice touch.

I've been waiting for it to be released also since they day they announced it. I won't be doing any fancy watercooling, nor do I have anything special that requires me to 'need' this case. I just want it because I hate having a case with a door and the dimensions of this case is perfect for fitting under my desk and it looks sexy. :)

Just heard back from Performance PCs and they said earliest date will be end of May for US availability.

I want this too. It would be nice to see a price point on these. If it's over $300 or vastly more than a new Armoursuit, I'll likely pass.

Yea, ditto on that price point. The 800D's selling for $220 at my local microcenter, so there really wouldn't be much of a point for me if this gets more expensive than that.

It looks a lot better then the 800D, lack of an 8 or even a 9th expansion slot is kinda stupid though. Also put a rad in the top, it's a pain in the ass to get a second 240 or 280 in the 800D.

Love this case, but looks like its windowed only, not my style.

To OP: the case comes with USB3 to USB2 adapter

The bigger PC-X1000 is about $330 so I assume this smaller X-900 would be less. Maybe $299?

I'm hoping they release it w/o the windowed side panel and have a replacement windowed panel as an option like on X-1000. Either that or make a solid side panel available....

I want a window but I'd like to cut my own.

My only concern with having a solid side panel is the fact that Lian Li parts are not exactly cheap. Add that in and you're looking at X1000 territory.

The window standard sort of spits in the face of Lian Li standards it seems. The whole understated thing. Seems the company's trending towards a flashier audience with the LED fans and Windows standard and the painted insides.

Besides modders love hacking apart Lian Li's, why not give them that gratification.

I think you folks hoping for $300 or less are being very optimistic. This is already available to order in some EU shops, and I posted about it another thread:
I saw the PC-X900 listed in the EU and the price is breathtaking! black or silver is €399, the red edition is €479. That would include 19% sales tax. Rough conversion for black/silver: UK inc. VAT approx. £350. Take the tax off and the conversion puts the US price around $430.
If it ends up with a street price of $350-$400 you should be thankful it's not more like it is over here!

PC-X1000 is €290 / £250 i.e. considerably less than the PC-X900

New Zealand Pricing. R4547.30 (inc VAT). Can anyone convert it to US?

The only thing I don't like about this case is the access to front filters if any and only 12" for expansion cards.
If you add a 1.25" radiator it will cut down the expansion room to 10.75", only a 5870/480 can fit.
A 5970 is out of the question.

New Zealand Pricing. R4547.30 (inc VAT). Can anyone convert it to US?

That's not New Zealand's currency, it's South Africa's (rand). R4547.30 = $627, but as indicated, this includes the country's value added tax, which wouldn't necessarily be represented in the American price tag.

An Obama administration advisor (Paul Volcker) announced Wednesday that the US needs a VAT to cover spending (healthcare) and deficit costs.....no doubt its coming, just when and how much...

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/obama-vat-volcker-healthcare/2010/04/07/id/354951

That's not New Zealand's currency, it's South Africa's (rand). R4547.30 = $627, but as indicated, this includes the country's value added tax, which wouldn't necessarily be represented in the American price tag.

I hate windowed side panels with exposed hardware holding the window.

Easily fixed though. Make the window a bit bigger eliminating the holes, and install new plexi from behind with Scotch 4010 tape....

I like look of this case so much, but simply just can't justify the price tag associated to it - european price is 399€ for black/silver and 469€ for red :(.

I like look of this case so much, but simply just can't justify the price tag associated to it - european price is 399€ for black/silver and 469€ for red :(.

Where'd you get those crazy prices? That's INSANE!!!!

Looks like I'm getting the Armorsuit PC-P50WB if that's the real price. Probably a better case overall in cooling, etc. Just doesn't look as cool, but still cool enough for me. :)

Asked my shop to ask the prices from Lian Li Europe. Those were the answers. Maybe it will be 20-30€ less in western Europe, but that will be still way too much.

Aye, unless this is some obscenely outrageous price gouging by retailers, this case looks like it's insanely overpriced, especially when compared to the pc-x1000 or other Lian Li offerings.

Just for comparison, PC-X500 and PC-X1000 are ~330 euro in my country and PC-X2000 is 446€. Hope that puts those prices in perspective. Compared to that, PC-X500 is 15-60€, PC-X1000 is 0-50€ and PC-X2000 is 10-90€ cheaper in Germany.

Taking the price differences into account, in germany it will be maybe 349€ for silver/black version on average... But i think most of you expect sub-300€ prices for this case.

Just for comparison, PC-X500 and PC-X1000 are ~330 euro in my country and PC-X2000 is 446€. Hope that puts those prices in perspective. Compared to that, PC-X500 is 15-60€, PC-X1000 is 0-50€ and PC-X2000 is 10-90€ cheaper in Germany.

Taking the price differences into account, in germany it will be maybe 349€ for silver/black version on average... But i think most of you expect sub-300€ prices for this case.

Hell yes! I expect less than $300, not Euros! lol

I like this case so much, I'd pay $400 or more for it! Hope Lian Li doesn't see this though ;-)

So is this case on sale tomorrow (4/20) in Europe? I can't wait till Newegg gets their stock here in the states. I'm about to kick this Antec P180 case I have to the curb.

So is this case on sale tomorrow (4/20) in Europe? I can't wait till Newegg gets their stock here in the states. I'm about to kick this Antec P180 case I have to the curb.

I did that to mine about a month after I got it! :p

This case is selling for $354.82 on pre-order at NCIX.

The bigger and better featured case, PC-A77F is actually cheaper and in stock. Easy choice today, maybe not so much in the next few months as others get released and prices level. I'm going to wait a 'til the PC-9F is released and I could still even go with a PC-P50WB. Lian Li made it really hard to choose this year, so many gorgeous cases and so many reasons to pick each one.

$350 isn't too bad. I'm not gonna pre-order it from them though. Will wait until someone in the US has it like PPCs.

So in europe it will be 350 CAD = 260€ + 19% VAT = 309€ + some import tax and probably some "nice" european pricing = same as PC-X1000 at least, if not more.

http://www.techpowerup.com/121639/L...00_the_Ultimate_Mid-Tower_Gaming_Chassis.html

MSRP for PC-X900: US$439+local VAT for A/B (silver/black), and US$499+local VAT for R (red)

Guess what ? 439 USD -> 338 EUR + 19% VAT = 402€. 499 USD -> 384 EUR + 19% VAT = 456€.

So the prices my distributor gave me were correct, according to MSRP :

Back