Lian Li PC-V600

aburgard

Limp Gawd
I've been trying to find review on this case. This is the only review I've found so far. No temps, no pictures of everything installed. Is that PSU going to interferre badly with the CPU headsink? Will my Apogee water block fit in there?

I'm considering going back to air cooling. Fans can at least be quiet when temps are down thanks to fan controllers, Speedfan, etc. This damn water pump is just plain noisy.

Anyway, does anyone have this case? Your pictures and comments please. I'm looking to downsize from my Lian-Li PC-V1000. Consequently, if anyone is interested in MY case if I get the PC-V600, please let me know. It's got 1 layer of Dynamat on the side panels and top.

I'm trying to find more information on this case as well, but from all the pictures I've seen, it does appear that the placement of the powersupply will severely affect your CPU cooling options.

If anyone knows more about the case, please do respond!

b_pc-v600_2.gif

I'm thinking that the PSU and CPU will have a pull-pull area between the fans. I suppose it's possible your PSU could draw cool air in through the side vent, but that seems odd using your PSU as an input. I haven't heard of anyone pulling air off the CPU either. With this arangement you'd need to for a push-pull system.

Okay, so I emailed back and forth with the guy who did the review:

"None of the so-called tower HSF would fit neither would any of the larger current TR heatsinks (XP-120 SI-120), its why I recommend a PSU with a fan on the bottom or in this case opposite the CPU cooler. The V-600 does not have the compartments as the V-1000 so any motherboard other than an extended ATX will fit comfortable and you actually have more room to working, until you mount the power supply"

That's good to know because the XP-120 was exactly my question.

I have one of these cases, I measured it, but forgot the exact number, the distance between the PSU and the cpu heatspreader was, off memory, 8.3cm.

my buddy has this case, and he switched the fans in the psu backwards so they went the other way, and lowered his cpu temps about 4C

Darkala said:
my buddy has this case, and he switched the fans in the psu backwards so they went the other way, and lowered his cpu temps about 4C
thats probobly the best setup for this case.

Back