Lian-Li PC-V351B and Core i7

Been awhile since I've posted on the forums. Now I need some help deciding on a case.

I've been reading around about people using the PC-V351B for Core i7 builds, and I was wondering: Is this case a good case for Core i7? I've read that there are some temperature issues in the case. Could these be remedied with better fans?

I'm looking into building a SFF gaming PC in the next few weeks. I've looked into getting another A-05B and possibly watercooling again. I looked on the Antec p180 mini, but that case is too big. And now I'm thinking about this PC-V351B case. I really like it, but I don't want to have any temperature issues with it (nor does anyone else Tad :rolleyes:).

Any input would be great. I've thought about doing a watercooled PC-V351B project, but I think that is a totally different monster to be tackled.

Check out tehhh speculations...

Core i7 920
Asus Rampage II Gene
6x2 Gb G.Skill DDR3 1600
Western Digital Velociraptor 300 Gb or 500 Gb Caviar Black
eVGA GTX 285
Corsair 620 PSU (modular)

Thanks everyone!

-Tad

It (essentially) has no exhaust for the main compartment other than the psu. I had 2xNF-P12's as intake in my V350, with the best cooler that would fit (NH-C12P) and there was still a heat pocket in the cpu area (despite having the C12P blow air upwards into the suction of the psu intake).

The lone exhaust fan (HD area) does nothing, and good luck getting a fan to fit back there anyway once you install the HD's. That section of the case is blocked off from everything else anyway, so it's only going to exhaust the HD air.

I really liked the case, it was a nice small size - the heat pocket killed it for me though. The best small/mATX case I would recommend is the CM Elite 340 or 341. it's more like a micro tower (if you could call it that), it's a small case, but big coolers and hardware fit (I had a TRUE and a 9800GTX in mine). Whatever you do, remove the foam they have in the front as dust filters because it gets caked with dust and disgusting looking; you'd be better off running with no dust filters at all (and you really shouldn't have much dust anyway in the case).

Back