LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

Pictures of my Lian Li v351 (old parts but still kickin'). Did a hell lot of work for me to accomplish (particularly making assumptions an praying that the Mjolnir concept would actually fit :cool:)

The concept actually revolved around the Xigmatek Thor's Hammer cooler since among all other tower coolers, it has the most sinister form (well taste is subjective :p) I wanted it to appear that it was running on passive form when in reality it is cooled by a very thin Scythe Fan.It was a miracle that it fitted because if ever the depth of the Scythe Slim fan was more than 12mm, it won't actually fit.

My Specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 overclocked 24/7 to 3.4GHZ
8Gb (4 x 2GB Team Xtreem Dark Cl4 DDR2 800mhz)
DFI Lanparty P45 Jr. T2RS
Corsair HX620w
Leadtek Winfast NVIDIA GTX 285 1024MB
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 64mb Cache
Xigmatek Thor's Hammer (yes that's right, I successfully fit the hammer on our chassis)
3 x Xigmatek 120mm XLF fans at 89cfm each :p
Scythe Slimfan (120 x 120 x 12mm)
Modified Lian Li v351b

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

Just an FYI for everyone wondering.....

REV2 5870's with the plugs on the back will fit without modding. The cable does rest on the metal fan protector thingy but I had no problems with it.

A Corsair 850HX will also fit without modding but it is a TIGHT fit, all connectors need to be on before installing.

Also you can get almost another inch of clearance on the gpu if you pop the fan out, put the fan grommets and screws on the other side and slide the fan in on the backside of the holder thing. Just a thought for people that may be tight for space for whatever reason.

Hey guys, I just finished building my computer in the v351 and it is running real warm, too hot for my tastes. The CPU is idling at 60C and GPU at 55C. What are you guys using for your heat solutions? I don't really want to mod the case or go to water cooling (that's why I didn't go with the Noctua U9B cooler). Right now I have a Phenom II X6 and a Radeon 5850 in there, as well as 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 hard drives.

Any of you guys know where I can get replacement screws? I had an unfortunate mix up and need to replace them all now :(

Jesus... been trying to find the final file for the V351 cut out to send to that cutting company...
Any one know where I can get this or any member here on hard or another forum that could make that custom blackplate?

:eek:I didn't heard about that Noctua, it fits perfectly in :D, so Its better that zalman 8700 for sure no? :eek: do you need a low profile fan because of the space between it and the power supply ? (I think you used a lower profile fan, didn't you?)

Thats the Thermalright SI128 fit too? and which is better? according to xbitlabs the Thermalright one is the best one, no? but according to Bjorn3d Noctua is better :(

Noctua NH-C12P --> 59€
Thermalright SI128 --> 42€

Both for SURE are better than Zalman 8700? right? :)

Thanks for the info and nice setup, similar to mine, the sound card :( takes too much space but anyway its better than the realtek :eek:

What model are those front 120mm fans? I can't read the label on them.

Thanks,
-Nigel

The fan is Noctua. So is the heatsink.

I really need to pick up the NH-C12P SE. It fits perfectly in the 350.

I'm currently using a CoolerMaster Gemini II and it sucks on my 920. The heat pipes practically burn my hand after playing BC2 for an hour and that's at STOCK.

The fan is Noctua. So is the heatsink.

I really need to pick up the NH-C12P SE. It fits perfectly in the 350.

I'm currently using a CoolerMaster Gemini II and it sucks on my 920. The heat pipes practically burn my hand after playing BC2 for an hour and that's at STOCK.

Do you know the fan sizes for the front. I noticed that they have different width and want to make sure I grab the correct 120mm ones.

I am looking at the NH-C12P SE, so you think go with that rather than what you currently have?

-Nigel

The case uses standard width (25mm) 120mm fans.

I think he's using these in the picture because there are 7 blades:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608009

IMO, the NH-C12P SE is still the best heatsink for this case because it cools very well and it fits without modding and on most motherboards you can still slip the tray out with it installed.

The tower heatsinks cool a bit better buy you have to do some serious modding to move the PSU to the other side.

The Corsair H50 also works well but you have to do a little modding to get the fan to fit at the front of the case. However, from what I have seen, it doesn't really cool any better than the NH-C12P SE.

Awesome!

Thank you for the help!

I wish someone would make and produce those custom backplates post earlier... thats' the only thing that I really want on the 351 with the fan and psu swapped... I was going to get the 352 for that reason but can't stand the front of it and the rear external 80mm fan.

-Nigel

@conraddungan.. really nice work on that box

@Nigel I think the heatsinks on 2red's memory are the older verison of these. Arctic Cooler

Last edited:
Just installed the C12P SE14 into the V351 and under load (prime 95) it reaches 72C. Is that normal for the C12P or did I do something wrong?

Just got the pc-v351r...
Just wow... I am blown away yet again with Lian li! sersiouly... I have all their black towers and love them but this red one blows them out of the water! Sorry pc-6b :-(..hahah

-Nigel

These are/were my two spring projects. They are only half-assedly done due to $ issues.

1.jpg

The PC-V351 is my first Lian Li case, so TBH, I hesitated hacking it up too much. As such, pretty much everything is boringly stock. I had wanted these pictures to wait until I had installed a modular (Seasonic X Series) power supply. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen any time soon - so I guess I've got some cable management ahead of me...

2.jpg

The main reason for posting these pics is to demonstrate what I've resorted to for acceptable cooling. I wanted a small tower HSF and I wanted to buy locally. These two prerequisites left me with a Scythe Ninja Mini rev b as my only option. The height is perfect for an unmodded v351. The only real problem I had was I was forced to move my Ripjaw RAM to my Sugo SG05b due to the height of the 'teeth'. I was happy to find the ECO series as a more than suitable replacement.

3.jpg

4.jpg

I used the included 92mm fan clips to attach another 80mm fan to the rear of the heatsink to give me a push pull arrangement.

The only other thing I did was to swap the rear exhaust out for what I perceive to be a more efficient setup. I was also able to increase the fan size to 92mm from 80mm.

5.jpg

Anyway, that's it. I know my cable management is practically non-existent, so flame away if you must. Compared to many others, this is the opposite of [H], but I simply wanted to provide another example of an easy, "middle of the road" v351 build for anyone interested.

I7 860, Gigabyte P55M-UD4, 8 GB GSkill Eco series, Sapphire 5850, Kingston (30GB) and Intel (80GB) SSDs and a 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint hd., ...

These are/were my two spring projects. They are only half-assedly done due to $ issues.

The PC-V351 is my first Lian Li case, so TBH, I hesitated hacking it up too much. As such, pretty much everything is boringly stock. I had wanted these pictures to wait until I had installed a modular (Seasonic X Series) power supply. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen any time soon - so I guess I've got some cable management ahead of me...

The main reason for posting these pics is to demonstrate what I've resorted to for acceptable cooling. I wanted a small tower HSF and I wanted to buy locally. These two prerequisites left me with a Scythe Ninja Mini rev b as my only option. The height is perfect for an unmodded v351. The only real problem I had was I was forced to move my Ripjaw RAM to my Sugo SG05b due to the height of the 'teeth'. I was happy to find the ECO series as a more than suitable replacement.

I used the included 92mm fan clips to attach another 80mm fan to the rear of the heatsink to give me a push pull arrangement.

The only other thing I did was to swap the rear exhaust out for what I perceive to be a more efficient setup. I was also able to increase the fan size to 92mm from 80mm.

5.jpg

Anyway, that's it. I know my cable management is practically non-existent, so flame away if you must. Compared to many others, this is the opposite of [H], but I simply wanted to provide another example of an easy, "middle of the road" v351 build for anyone interested.

I7 860, Gigabyte P55M-UD4, 8 GB GSkill Eco series, Sapphire 5850, Kingston (30GB) and Intel (80GB) SSDs and a 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint hd., ...

You did EXACTLY what I want to do to the rear and make my 92mm bracket...
What size aluminum did you use? Have any extra... want to make another..lol

Looks good!

-Nigel

Anyone have a source for a spare/replacement motherboard tray?

I'd hacked mine up for a previous build, and wanted to start from scratch. :p

Thanx!

can anyone please measure this distance for me?

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7064/v35210.jpg

regards,
Barf

I took some rough measurements (hard to get tape measure in because mine is stuffed full of components)

That space is around 35mm x 272mm

Anyone have a source for a spare/replacement motherboard tray?

I'd hacked mine up for a previous build, and wanted to start from scratch. :p

Thanx!

You can get them here: http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata..._info&cPath=130_210_750_753&products_id=20966

I took some rough measurements (hard to get tape measure in because mine is stuffed full of components)

That space is around 35mm x 272mm

Thanks!

I already took the dive and ordered the case, i REALLY like it... ive always wanted one, and now that i ahve my full tower up and running, i can finally paly around with a SFF :D

Should be here in a couple of days! and shrotly i will be posting up pictures :D

heya all, just to check.
i removed my v351 HDD cage last year, now i'm thinkin of converting it to a NAS.
any ideas what rivet to use for the HDD cage? is it countersunk rivets?

thanks in advance :)

Hey guys! Just thought I'd introduce my, I might say, pretty darn modified PC350!

I wanted to keep the outside appearance as close to the original as possible, becasue that's one of the biggest reasons why I lose this case so much.
And I also wanted to fit 3 120mm radiators, a reservoir, a full size graphics card and PSU, and a cool and efficient watercooling loop for my OC'ed i5 2500K.

How it all started
29092009012.jpg

Stock front plate
29092009017.jpg

29092009018.jpg

It was too close to my graphics card (at the time an ATI 4870X2), so I modified it slightly
Before
29092009018.jpg
29092009019.jpg

After
29092009022.jpg

29092009021.jpg

Now she could breathe!
29092009027.jpg

But then I thought I'd mod the front plate a wee bit more
30092009001.jpg

30092009002h.jpg

dsc03290n.jpg

dsc03293u.jpg

dsc03296jb.jpg

dsc03298gj.jpg

So then I made a custom backplate
12102009003.jpg

12102009005.jpg

12102009006.jpg

12102009007.jpg

And adapted an HDD cage from a Silverstone TJ09, I had to cut it in half...
15102009001w.jpg

15102009005x.jpg

15102009006.jpg

dsc03269o.jpg

dsc03272a.jpg

dsc03286y.jpg

And I NEEDED to do something with the 5.25'' bay drives support bracket
29092009016.jpg

12102009a.jpg

dsc03268a.jpg

dsc03275y.jpg

Then I decided I needed some new, better, hardware, so I got this
dsc03255ww.jpg

And this
dsc03260ha.jpg

dsc03261u.jpg

dsc03262o.jpg

dsc03265h.jpg

dsc03267px.jpg

Started assembly
dsc03276k.jpg

dsc03277w.jpg

dsc03279l.jpg

dsc03281k.jpg

Pump ready
dsc03300dm.jpg

dsc03301z.jpg

dsc03303f.jpg

dsc03304n.jpg

And then we just put it all together!
dsc03314.jpg

dsc03316xi.jpg

dsc03317e.jpg

dsc03318c.jpg

dsc03320n.jpg

Driver bracket, has a Y shaped connector for a release line to make things easier when it's time to bleed the WC system
dsc03326.jpg

dsc03327yr.jpg

dsc03328f.jpg

dsc03330v.jpg

Bracket in place
dsc03332y.jpg

Everything in it's place
dsc03334gb.jpg

dsc03336m.jpg

dsc03337h.jpg

dsc03338n.jpg

dsc03340o.jpg

dsc03341a.jpg

dsc03342q.jpg

Inside
dsc03343c.jpg

dsc03344s.jpg

dsc03345h.jpg

Outside
dsc03346b.jpg

dsc03348t.jpg

dsc03350on.jpg

And in it's rightful place on top of my desk! (notice how I also changed the front LED from blue to yellow, it was darn hard and it's probably the thing I'm most proud of, 'cause I think it just looks way cool!)
dsc03351k.jpg

dsc03352iu.jpg

dsc03353x.jpg

dsc03355.jpg

dsc03357a.jpg

dsc03358w.jpg

dsc03359l.jpg

dsc03362q.jpg

dsc03363s.jpg

I know this is ALMOST a full worklog, but I didn't want to make a new thread just for these few photos, and I thought you guys would like to see my case as much as I enjoy seeing yours!

Thanks! ;)

Nice custom backplate. I don't know why it wasn't designed like that from the beginning.

Very nice setup Shark00n. I am currently working on a watercooled V351 myself. Couple of questions:

Do you have an image file or cad file template for the custom backplate you made? If so, any chance you could post it here for others to use? I would love get a backplate like that made for mine, but I wouldn't know where to begin designing one in CAD or whatever.

What made you go with 2x separate 120mm rads in the front, rather than a single 2x120mm rad? Seems like a lot more fittings and cost, a single rad would have slightly better flow and surface area.

Very nice setup Shark00n. I am currently working on a watercooled V351 myself. Couple of questions:

Do you have an image file or cad file template for the custom backplate you made? If so, any chance you could post it here for others to use? I would love get a backplate like that made for mine, but I wouldn't know where to begin designing one in CAD or whatever.

What made you go with 2x separate 120mm rads in the front, rather than a single 2x120mm rad? Seems like a lot more fittings and cost, a single rad would have slightly better flow and surface area.

finalzk.jpg

(It reads: "bend down")
I'm sorry but this is all I have, I lost all my cad files a while ago, along with some other things when my usb pendrive broke...
I'm sure that if you take this image as a sketch and also your case to any competent laser cutting company they can measure and make an identical one in a flash!

I went with 2 separate rads because:
1) I had them laying around here
2) It leaves a nice space between them were I managed to hide a bunch of cables
3) Although a lot of cutting was necessary, it looks like it came this way and I really like the look of the two rads together
4) I know the difference is almost none, but two 120mm rads DO perform better than a single 240mm rad.

Back