LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

Tremloes, ever find the correct file for that custom backplate? I'd like to get one before purchasing a v350 or v351 so I can do everything at once.

no, sorry. seems i was to damn stupid to include the final file into my backups. :(

Would it be too much to ask that you take the one you have then and get the exact measurements again? Yours does have the exact / correct dimensions right?

Thanks.

Am going to be building a new box and ended up deciding on this case....and ran across this thread. Great find for me!

Anyway, I'm pretty much done picking out components except for the case fans and cpu HSF.

I've quickly gone thru pretty much the whole thread but want to get confirmation and also ask for some opinions real quick before I finalize things.

Regarding the cpu HSF - The best candidates appear to be the C12P, U9B, and Minja. Is this correct?
I'd REALLY rather have a HS that will be able to slide in/out with the m/b tray (having to install fan separately is acceptable to me).

*Can someone give me a definitive confirmation that either the Minja, U9B and C12P will do this? (Granted that it's the 350v2 case or the 351). There seems to be conflicting reports on this when looking at the posts.
*Can either the Minja or U9B be installed *with* the fans and still slide in/out already mounted on the m/b tray?
*Which one, speaking in general terms, gives the best cooling performance?
*Any other recommendations for HSF?

I didn't see any mention of the Noiseblocker M12-P 120mm fan. This was going to be my fan of choice for any of the 120mm fans. The Noctua fans appear to be the case fan of choice in this thread. Any particular reasons why? I'm really shooting more for a quiet system over a super cooled one. This won't be a gaming system (not a home theater system either).

The custom back panels are pretty nice. From what I can tell so far, I'll likely end up going the route of moving the PSU over to the drive cage area and then relocating the 1 drive. Would be nice if we could come up with a group-buy for a nice custom back panel ;)

I can tell you that a noctua c12p(the best one from your list) can be installed on the mobo before inserting the tray, but you have to notch the frame. and the fan has to be installed inside(easy)
You can see the pics from my rig. link

The reason that people go for noctua and scythe s-flex fans because they are quiet for the amount of air displaced and are of good quality.

good luck with your build

Would it be too much to ask that you take the one you have then and get the exact measurements again? Yours does have the exact / correct dimensions right?

Thanks.

Anyone who has this case, does the PSU fan sit directly over the heatsink area like in the SilverStone SUGO cases?

I'd like to just reuse my NT-06 Lite and have it cooled passively / by the PSU fan like in my Sugo SG03 if possible.

wouldn´t be to much, but i don´t know when i will have the time because i have a lot of work atm and i´m not at home for days than...
but i know a guy who used my file and completed it. perhaps he can give you the final file.... (one moment, searching the link).

edit:
here it is: post#215
http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/showthread.php?t=548816&page=8
perhaps he can help you a bit quicker... his username is fhantastic. he used my file as base. he just made the opening for the psu a little bit smaller.

My back panel is being shipped and will arrive on Thursday. The only thing I won't like about it is the silver showing up around the edges. Can I simply paint that raw aluminum with an epoxy type paint or something?

My back panel is being shipped and will arrive on Thursday. The only thing I won't like about it is the silver showing up around the edges. Can I simply paint that raw aluminum with an epoxy type paint or something?

may I ask how much this was in total?

I can tell you that a noctua c12p(the best one from your list) can be installed on the mobo before inserting the tray, but you have to notch the frame. and the fan has to be installed inside(easy)
You can see the pics from my rig. link

The reason that people go for noctua and scythe s-flex fans because they are quiet for the amount of air displaced and are of good quality.

good luck with your build

Thanks for that info. I can't really tell from your pictures EXACTLY what had to be notched out....do you have any shots that show a better close up of what had to be done?

may I ask how much this was in total?

The backplate I ordered is only for the lower half and cost about $50 (you pay for total material + per hole you need milled, so what you choose to do can make or break you on cost). I also ordered a plate for the HDD cage, which was about $20. I could have done a better job cutting holes in the original plates and saved a bunch of money, but for me, I think these plates will look a lot better, so I'm willing to pay a little.

I hope to have everything together by the end of the week or early next week, time permitting. I'll post pics when done! Below is what I have chosen to do (not to scale). The holes for the fans might not be big enough, so I might have to widen them a bit, but maybe not....

backplate.jpg

i would like to see the pic... however the link to the pic is dead...
itz a broken image icon now
please fix it soon! :)

Does the PSU fan sit directly over the heatsink area like in the SilverStone SUGO cases?

I'd like to just reuse my NT-06 Lite and have it cooled passively / by the PSU fan like in my Sugo SG03 if possible.

Sorry, but I don't spend my life on these forums. I do a quick search through threads that seem relevant and if I don't see anything while skimming, I'll ask. I'm not asking if there's clearance b/w the top of the heatsink and the bottom of the PSU. I was asking if the PSU sits right over the heatsink area like in the Sugo cases.

Not sure what that link is for.

Look at it and look at the placement of the PSU? rofl, do I have to instruct you?

In case you're not capable of it:
IMG_0032.jpg

Noctua sits 5?mm above the NT06, covers the same area and uses the same sized fan 120mm = 120mm.

So no, seeing how the PSU fan is definitely not centered on the HSF, cooling with a NT06 passively is a bad idea. No overclocks yes, overclocked no.

And you would have trouble fitting the ST85F in there to begin with unless you carve a hole through the 5.25" rack for the cables to go through. Distance to drive rack = 200mm, ST85F = 180mm.

Ah, you should have linked directly to the post with that pic.. When I clicked on your link I was assuming the post that showed up was the one you were talking about for some reason.

I don't overclock. Didn't know that my ST85F isn't a standard sized ATX PSU. Every other PC I've owned before this SG03 was a Shuttle. This is the first time I've used a non-Shuttle PSU and I thought it was a standard ATX PSU.

Yea.. so it's either the case or the PSU, or holes.

My NT06 is currently cooling an E52 "passively " in an Antec 300 with no active intake and a Noctua P12 exhaust w/ resistor @ 800-900rpm. The fan is further away from the NT06 than a PSU in a V350.

Fan added to rear exhaust; top is still covered - don't like dust.
Picture_445_0a7e0.jpg

Any set up should do better than what I have, but you've still got the PSU dilemma./

I could always sell the ST85F (is it still / was it ever a "popular" model?) and buy a modular Corsair. I like modular PSUs. I only got the ST85F because it has a 135mm fan vs. 120mm in most other PSUs and since the PSU is the primary cooling piece for the CPU in the SG03...

ST70F. Exhausted my NT06 in SG01, sat at ~70c at 4GHz.. not too bad considering how cramped it is and how there's no active air intake for the CPU. Now it's exhausting my U9B..

Thanks for that info. I can't really tell from your pictures EXACTLY what had to be notched out....do you have any shots that show a better close up of what had to be done?

19057085ex6.jpg

on the right of the cooler you can see the horizontal part of the frame as it comes close to the cooler it thins a bit, that's what i took out.

You can just install it after you stick the mobo in instead of shaving stuff off no? Had to do it with my U9B.

Sure you can, but I had a faulty psu and ram, as well as the wrong thermal paste on my chipset.
So I took the motherboard out about 4 times and re-applying paste to the cpu as well, So I decided to notch the frame, also for future use.

on my mobo (see sig) i can slide the c12p in and out without a problem, i just have to tilt the mobo tray a little and it will slide on through without touching the case, maybe you guys could do the same?

Is that sliding it while the mobo is attached? Cuz if it's not that wouldn't make one bit of sense. Trivial matter anyways- there's not enough cases with high[er] HSF clearances to begin with.

I couldn't make that happen with my rig, but perhaps tolerances differ from case to case, and perhaps the orientation of the cooler onto the mobo can be a dicisive factor as well.

Hello everybody, I wanted to make the next question, i need to remove the motherboard tray with the noctua 9UB installed, the question is with 2 marked with red lines affect the stability of psu? or the rest of the chassis supports the psu? thanks in advance for opinions and ideos for the mod :D

19057085ex6.jpg

on the right of the cooler you can see the horizontal part of the frame as it comes close to the cooler it thins a bit, that's what i took out.
Much appreciate that pix showing the cutout. I see that you are running a different m/b, so I'm hoping that *maybe* I won't have to do this. Otherwise, I now know what I'm in for, at least.

Hello everybody, I wanted to make the next question, i need to remove the motherboard tray with the noctua 9UB installed, the question is with 2 marked with red lines affect the stability of psu? or the rest of the chassis supports the psu? thanks in advance for opinions and ideos for the mod :D

My two cents is this: If you rig some sort of support on the other side of your PSU (where all the wires come out), cutting that out won't be a problem. Otherwise, the downward pressure caused by the non-fastened side will push on the weakened structure and it will bow out.

My two cents is this: If you rig some sort of support on the other side of your PSU (where all the wires come out), cutting that out won't be a problem. Otherwise, the downward pressure caused by the non-fastened side will push on the weakened structure and it will bow out.

So you not recomend me cut the chasis ?

You want to cut off support for the PSU, which happens to be the only significant weight that's in the air. Yea bad idea.

Ok, got the back plate. Looks good so far. I'm frustrated that I didn't get enough time with this over the weekend. I need a drill bit to make the hole next to the 92mm fan larger so I can mount the fan controller, but daylight savings time screwed me and I waited too long to go to the hardware store - grrr. Anyway, long story short, I'm still working on this, but here are a few pics that should give you an idea of the overall finished product. I'll have much better pics when I can have a little photo session in the daylight hours :)

Here is a pic showing where I shaved away part of the case, allowing me to assemble everything outside the case:
backplate1.jpg

Here is a little preview of what the final product will look like:
backplate2.jpg

good job on the custom plate!
everything looks nice!
may i ask are u still going to use the HDD cage?

Yep, I'm going to mount two sata drives in there, which is one of the reasons I like this configuration. It will be a nice, relatively small, pretty powerful rig. And I can't get over how classy this case looks - makes me nervous working on it. If I wanted to get ridiculous and have a bunch of disks, I can still mount another disk over the dvd drive, and maybe two more in place of the two 120mm fans (as Tremelos suggested in a previous post). Pretty nice options for a case this size.

Back