LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

I decided to post a litte Teaser of the project I am working on atm:

This is a V350 with the actual front removed, and theres an Aquaero VFD waiting for the front to come back from cutting...

edit: masking tape ftw!

The murder mod sleeve kit is really nice, but where can i get a cheaper one for my corsair? i dont have much in my pc, 1 hdd 1 dvd 1 vidcard

Also I see Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120MM, would two of those be alot better than the two stock fans and see a real temp drop?

The murder mod sleeve kit is really nice, but where can i get a cheaper one for my corsair? i dont have much in my pc, 1 hdd 1 dvd 1 vidcard

Also I see Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120MM, would two of those be alot better than the two stock fans and see a real temp drop?

i got my 20ft sleeve around 10USD. much cheaper than murdermod. try looking in your local stores.

if i were you. used the s-flex sff21g much better than stock fan

All I need is the shrink tubing and some sleeves? what are generally the size to get? most psus use the same size wires right?
Isnt the sff21g super loud in our case? My pc is close to my couch and tv so I want it quiet and cooler than stock

i got my 20ft sleeve around 10USD. much cheaper than murdermod. try looking in your local stores.

if i were you. used the s-flex sff21g much better than stock fan

i suggest to get a fan controller :)

the size of my sleeve is 1/8 i'll be using it for my usb/firewire cable and the switch, for the psu i think you need much bigger size

DSC05085.jpg

DSC05090.jpg

rig in progress...
tipidpc.jpg

Hi rEVjon!

Thanks for Your reply.
I think I will go for NT06-E.
However I am still tempted with Phenom 2 - I know its not a revelation but still looks like a good choice - the set will be used by my GF for Photoshop CS3 (later this year CS4) only.
I plan to equip it also with:
2x DDR2 4096MB 800MHz PDP Patriot LLK
WD1001FALS
SilverStone ELEMENT 500W 80PLUS
If I am to choose Intel I also have to put a video card - I was thinking of Radeon HD4670 just in case I will need ATI Stream for CS4.

I will be making the orders next week, a price cut from Intel would make things easier hehe.
I think Phenom at stock clock would do just fine in Photoshop - I could leave it with passive cooling since its very cold. Another advantage to it is DFI LanParty JR 790GX-M2RS with integrated Radeon 3300 HD which could be just enough for Aero/HD.

I suppose I would be contented with either of the CPUs since it won't be running games.

Later this year I will probably build an SFF for me as well - but I suppose i7 prices will drop till then.

good job rEVjon!
btw what speed are those S-Flex?
i was thinking getting 800 cuz they are on sale
i know it kinda low
but thatz the only one on sale and ti seems to be enough i dunno lol

good job rEVjon!
btw what speed are those S-Flex?
i was thinking getting 800 cuz they are on sale
i know it kinda low
but thatz the only one on sale and ti seems to be enough i dunno lol

thanks

i got s-flex f and g (1600 and 1900). much better if you get the g

looks really nice now, what wires did you sleeve and all with 1/8? and you just hid the rest?

Thanks mate! I sleeve the front panel audo, usb, firewire and power/reset switch. I also sleeve my fan cables :)

What is the maximum length psu that will fit in this case? Taking into the account the width of the cables that exit the psu and all.

my V350 has arrive!
sadly there is a few scratches in the mobo tray...
but i guess when i paint it hopefully it would be gone!
gonna post some weird random pic soon ;)

dfi jr and q9550 works good ??

and the enermax modu works good with the dfi jr ??

Is anyone experiencing a great amount of turbulence (backflow) in the front og the pv-350 case? I modified the fan assembly in the front of the case to accommodate my papst fans since their 38mm thick instead of 28mm and due to the shear volume of air they pump out, it seems that there's more air flowing backwords than forwards in the case (meaning not enough air flowing over mobod and out of case). I do not have the fan facing the wrong direction either, just cause the label's on the otherside of the fan. I posted up some picts of the issue. That fan's look great, but there's too much backflow at 12v, which concerns me. I will have the case closed, so it shouldn't be that much of an issue, but I don't want to ruin the fans either. Tell me what you think I should do to increase air flow performance.

SL731891.jpg

SL731892.jpg

SL731905.jpg

SL731906.jpg

SL731907.jpg

SL731908.jpg

SL731910.jpg

Try turning them around anyways? All the fans i've seen have air come out from the label side of the fan

Um, your Papst fans are facing towards the front, according to your pics. That would probably explain the problem, right? :)

Is anyone experiencing a great amount of turbulence (backflow) in the front og the pv-350 case? I modified the fan assembly in the front of the case to accommodate my papst fans since their 38mm thick instead of 28mm and due to the shear volume of air they pump out, it seems that there's more air flowing backwords than forwards in the case (meaning not enough air flowing over mobod and out of case). I do not have the fan facing the wrong direction either, just cause the label's on the otherside of the fan. I posted up some picts of the issue. That fan's look great, but there's too much backflow at 12v, which concerns me. I will have the case closed, so it shouldn't be that much of an issue, but I don't want to ruin the fans either. Tell me what you think I should do to increase air flow performance.

OK Let me restate what I just said. I DO NOT HAVE THE FANS FACING THE WRONG DIRECTION.
you guys are actually gonna make me post up a pict on photobucket arn't you?
here you go:
SL731913.jpg

These fans pump out like 150 cfm at 12 volts. They crank. I guess that's why there's so much turbulence, cause there's a lack of air coming into the case?

Tremeloes
u still around?
i just notice something that is reallllllllllllly awesome that i realllllllllly wanna do
but totally have no idea how...
is how did u get ur NB and SB to be black?
just spread paint over it!?

No, your damn fans are the wrong way; The arrows mean FRONT not BLOW DIRECTION. Fail x2. Using your hands to feel the pressure should tell you enough, and if you lost your sense of touch, light a match, blow it out in an open area and watch what the fan does. The knob like thing that houses the bearings is always the front; the back will usually have a sticker and is the side the fan "legs"/supports are located.

@Keyman, PM.

lmao i totally forgot this function
thanks mate

btw he is right about the arrow part
it telling u that this is the side should be attached to the case or whatever u r trying to attach... which means u r totally wrong @_@
oh btw another way to figure how the fan work... just look at the fan fins and see how they angled... and see which way it is spinning... it pretty much telling how the air will flow...

From looking at that picture I would say that if he powered up the fan as he is holding it the air would blow ONTO his hand.

The arrows do appear to indicate the air flow directon and the spin direction of the blades. But I could be wrong and without seeing a better picture of the blades I cant really tell.

The curve of the blades should tell you, apart from the obvious act of powering it up and feeling which way the air is flowing.

From looking at that picture I would say that if he powered up the fan as he is holding it the air would blow ONTO his hand.

The arrows do appear to indicate the air flow directon and the spin direction of the blades. But I could be wrong and without seeing a better picture of the blades I cant really tell.

The curve of the blades should tell you, apart from the obvious act of powering it up and feeling which way the air is flowing.

I think you are wrong. KeymaN and lowtekh are right. If you look at the pic on the previous page where he is holding the 2 fans in his hand you can check the curvature of the blades. Anyway, in all the case fans I have seen the air comes out on the side where the label is.

Tremeloes
u still around?
i just notice something that is reallllllllllllly awesome that i realllllllllly wanna do
but totally have no idea how...
is how did u get ur NB and SB to be black?
just spread paint over it!?

i answered your pm ;)

I think you are wrong. KeymaN and lowtekh are right. If you look at the pic on the previous page where he is holding the 2 fans in his hand you can check the curvature of the blades. Anyway, in all the case fans I have seen the air comes out on the side where the label is.

Looking at the pictures I disagree. Look at the 4th picture down. The blades are curving "into" the picture.

If you were looking at the fan with the sticker side up the blades would be curving upwards towards you.

Again looking at the 4th picture down, if the fans were powered the air would be directed ONTO his arm.

Looking at the pictures I disagree. Look at the 4th picture down. The blades are curving "into" the picture.

If you were looking at the fan with the sticker side up the blades would be curving upwards towards you.

Again looking at the 4th picture down, if the fans were powered the air would be directed ONTO his arm.

Damn. Now looking at it a second time I agree with you. Has someone switched the pics while I wasn't looking or better, someone rewired my brain? Go figure. In a way I should trusted the guy in the first place. He's the one with the fans in his hand. No way he can get it wrong. Or can he?

thanks Tremeloes ;)

u know what would be the best way to test it?
everyone of us just buy the damn fan and try it out :D

These fans pump out like 150 cfm at 12 volts. They crank. I guess that's why there's so much turbulence, cause there's a lack of air coming into the case?

If these are the 4112 NHH, they are rated at 60dB at 12V. Are you mad? That must be like having a vacuum cleaner or something. Having good airflow doesn't necessarily mean creating a wind tunnel in your case :)

If these are the 4112 NHH, they are rated at 60dB at 12V. Are you mad? That must be like having a vacuum cleaner or something. Having good airflow doesn't necessarily mean creating a wind tunnel in your case

Yeah, I think I have just made my pc into a vacuum cleaner. Oh well. I'll just have to lower the voltage from 12 v to 6 or 7 and that should solve the problem. I did not switch the pictures and the fan is blowing in the way the arrow points, just wanted to clarify.

Alright I got mine all set up.

Why OH Why did Lian Li not make the front panel removable. DVD drives are screwed in on one side and not the other. It's time to mod this baby.

seriously though.

I've just finished building my V350 and so far very impressed with the build quality. The only trouble so far is my Q9550 C1 is getting a bit hot - 64,58,58,58 while running prime 95. I have a Mini Ninja installed with the cooler stabilizer kit as I wasn't happy with the push pins. So do you think I'll get better results with a Noctua HSF or is the chip just too hot for me? I see some of you are running Q9550s without any problems?

Thanks

I've noticed a lot of back pressure too. I believe my problem to be my 1900 RPM Scythe's and the fact that I have a radiator pushed up against them.

Back