LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

You won't be :)

@ vertigomhs, those temps seem really high considering it's not overclocked...
yea but my ambient is pretty high right now, yesterday it was 10c lower at load, and of course this is a SFF :p you should have seen my stock cooler temps, they idled in upper 40's and exceeded 70's on load.

just OC'd to 3.0 on stock volts (with massive vdroop) and heres my results:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7874/p9530vq0.jpg

hopefully my room will cool down a bit, its pretty hot in here. Gonna go for 3.2 now!:rolleyes:

EDIT-3.2 @ 1.3250 vcore:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/2362/p9532ih4.jpg

Can Lian-Li just freaking hire Tremeloes already? He's got the next V350 revision right in front of him.

i see that post but i dont see his mod @_@?
Tremeloes how did u manage to get one btw? XD

i see that post but i dont see his mod @_@?
Tremeloes how did u manage to get one btw? XD
Tremeloes doesnt have the new revision, wha low was saying was that his mod/version of the v350 should be used by lian li as a production model.

oh now i get it... =___=
sorry guys... been up for 30hrs+... really have no idea what i m doing right now lol

hey zero, did your c12p come with the protective cover on the bottom of the heatsink? mines didnt and it kind of worried me that maybe someone had opened my box, also my rubber grommets for the fan werent there :mad:

also do you think orientation matters? i have my heatpipes (back of HS) pointing towards the IO shield.

No and it screwed me up too 'cause I looked at the bottom and didn't notice one, so I installed it and then while looking over the instructions it said to remove the protective cover and I said to myself "crap there was one there, I just didn't see it" so I took it back apart again, groped it some more :) and was like "they forgot to put one on mine".

No rubber grommets either; honestly though in that case I don't think the cooler came with them anyway (I doubt the NH-U12P does either) since you're installing the fan using the clips + rubber strips anyway.

I tried different orientations with mine; I was going to do heatpipes towards the back but with the socket of the DFI it *still* stuck out too far to remove the motherboard tray, PLUS there was literally no way to screw the right screw down since the NB was in the way..I just went back to vertical with the board on mine.

Pics
V350
IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Trying to decide if I'm going to mod the 5.25" bezel I bought. Probably not, don't care that much.

Need to do something mod wise for HD exhaust or intake. (100mm Scythe blades won't clear SATA cables.) Planning on creating a small thin aluminum custom backplate.

OC to come.

I like the P12's. The things they come with that no other fans do (sleeved cable, rubber grommets, resistor speed adapters (UNLA)) even sweeten the deal over an S-Flex. I used to hate the colors - now I love them. Very beautifully constructed fans. I will say my V350 is more noisy than I thought it would be but it's more because of the 'whoosh' of the airflow from the P12's than anything.

My $29 mint condition NH-U12P came today too. w00t! :D
I bought that more for the P12 than anything (with a kickass $9 cooler thrown in). ;)

@zero

oh yeah i meant those rubber strips, not grommets my bad, i didnt get any on my coolers, the fan was just on top with not strips, also those clips dont fit or something, i cant seem to get the to reach the fan holes. they do go on that little hook in the fins of the cooler right? unless im not doing it right, i dont think i got the right accessories.

the p12's are nice, but sadly i got a dud, i can hear the motor making some sor of noise, sounds like electricity surging through, the other fans have it too (i think its normal) but this one is really loud. i also noticed that airflow noise, but realized theres nothing i can really do.

if you dont mind me asking where'd you get that u12p? FS section?

EDIT: got the clips on, didnt realize how tight of a fit it had to be

Yeah, I had trouble with the clips as well. I ended up figuring out the easiest way to install them was to clip them to the fan and then bring the 'bar' bottom down and under the little hook notches.

And yep - bought the U12P in the FS section. Luckily I threw dibs when I did; apparently several people tried to right after I already had so I got lucky. ;)

heres my rig as of now (sorry for bad quality, taken with phone as camera isnt here right now):

still working on the OC, at 3.4ghz but not stable yet, seems to fail prime after 30 min, but passes IBT :|

is anyone willing to sell me one of those custom HD exhaust backplates for a 92mm fan? or tell me how to make one, this 80mm noctua is pushing anything. thx

is anyone willing to sell me one of those custom HD exhaust backplates for a 92mm fan? or tell me how to make one, this 80mm noctua is pushing anything. thx

tremloe posted a link to the front panel designer, my backplate is currently being milled, i can send you the file i made

tremloe posted a link to the front panel designer, my backplate is currently being milled, i can send you the file i made
oh no i meant the little plate that goes over the HD compartment, not the whole case backplate, thanks though.

also, how much did the whole case backplate cost? seems like a do-able project for me.

@Tremeloes:
oh god! i like ur friends project already cuz he painted the inside back!
and i liked his because once my V350B will ever freakin arrive i will paint it black too!
but of coz he will be better cuz he will be water cooling it @_@
heheheh man i can barely read German now =( i think i should start study German again in Jan hahah

oh no i meant the little plate that goes over the HD compartment, not the whole case backplate, thanks though.

also, how much did the whole case backplate cost? seems like a do-able project for me.

thats what im talking about, you can design anything in the front panel designer, i redesigned the hdd plate to mount a 92mm fan in the program :p

@KeymaN

actually the inside of his case is powdercoated. ;) but i think painting will do it too. i will paint some parts on my v350 the next time i have some time.
i don´t think watercolling makes it a better case than others. i had both and i like both. it´s just what you want to reach.

the v300/350 is quiet popular in germany. couldn´t imagine that as i bought mine long time ago. there is a thread for v300/350 in a forum which has nearly 7500 posts. and if someone needs some mor inspiration there is a picture only thread too (think a posted it already).
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?p=8662308&posted=1#post8662308

@Spawne32
how big is your Radi? i had the MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Radiator and had no problems with the lenght of video cards but yours is looking thicker.

@Tremeloes
OH! so the water cooled V350 u had is a complete different computer than the air cooled one? u have 2 V350? crazy!!! so what is the difference for powdercoated than the just spray painted? and to answer why watercooling it makes it better because in such a small case and u r able to fit all the parts in it... itz just amazing and very well cable managing! that is what makes it better! :)
maybe i shoulda pick up a V350 when i was in Germany during summer :D now i have to wait for the next shipment arrives... which could be forever... :(
and is it possible for u to post that crazy thread on the V300/350? greatly appreciated! ;)

@KeymaN

actually the inside of his case is powdercoated. ;) but i think painting will do it too. i will paint some parts on my v350 the next time i have some time.
i don´t think watercolling makes it a better case than others. i had both and i like both. it´s just what you want to reach.

the v300/350 is quiet popular in germany. couldn´t imagine that as i bought mine long time ago. there is a thread for v300/350 in a forum which has nearly 7500 posts. and if someone needs some mor inspiration there is a picture only thread too (think a posted it already).
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?p=8662308&posted=1#post8662308

@Spawne32
how big is your Radi? i had the MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Radiator and had no problems with the lenght of video cards but yours is looking thicker.

i bought the same one you posted in your thread....the magicool extreme slim dual 240 lol if i have problems with GPU length im gona have to buy lower profile fans :/

argh, alright looks like i bought the thicker one instead of the one you have, no matter, ill deal with it

@KeymaN
no, i have just one v350. first water cooled now air cooled. and with some more fine tuning the air cooled version is less noisy than the water cooled one.
powder coating is much more resistant. but if you handle your parts with care spraying paint sure is enough. i did it in my second case and till now i don´t have any scratches.
the v300/350 thread: click it is the third part of it because the threads get splitted every 2500 posts.

@Spawne32
hope you will not get problems with video cards - even with low profile fans. my radi+fan package was about 5,5cm thick.

@Tremeloes
just to make it a little clear... so u didnt have a powder coating in ur case?
because i persoanlly would like a matte finishing than a glossy finishing for the interior of the case...
and i think with powder coating it would end up being glossy?
i TRY not to upgrade the V350 once i have complete it so i try to handle it as good as possible :p

@KeymaN
i don´t have powdercoating in my case. but most of powder coating i saw have been matte / semi matte.

i powdercoated the rims on my corsa black, and they were glossy, i think it wud looks sweet in white tbh :) with black exterior

im just wondering, what coller wud fit nice in the case if i buy one??

by the looks of all teh pictures i can see there could be some air flow issues and major overheating, unless u hit water colling on the head...

ive got a hd2900gt not a good card, but it gets quite hot understress from say crysis or mercs 2. and im just wondering how are the cases for heat?? and what could i buy to keep her cool ;) i think im going to buy one tho :p

Noctua NH-C12P is a good one for that case. it´s also good to change the 80mm exhaust fan for a 92mm with a self made backplate for the fan.

do you guys think that if i were to get a psu with a 120mm fan, that it would conflict with the noctua c12p's fan for air? you guys have seen how close it is to the psu, and the one (psu has 80mm exhaust fan on the outside) im using now might not be cutting it soon once i upgrade.

most people i talked to are using the noctua fan blowing up not down and they made good experiences with it.

do you guys think that if i were to get a psu with a 120mm fan, that it would conflict with the noctua c12p's fan for air? you guys have seen how close it is to the psu, and the one (psu has 80mm exhaust fan on the outside) im using now might not be cutting it soon once i upgrade.

i was thinking that from the pics, can anyone recomend a good board for the v350?? and a cheaper cooler lol ive just spent most of my money on a remap for my car lol:p

i was thinking that from the pics, can anyone recomend a good board for the v350?? and a cheaper cooler lol ive just spent most of my money on a remap for my car lol:p
any matx board will do, but it depends on what you need, the better performing boards are the p5e-vm, and the dfi lp jr p45. For coolers, it also depends on what cpu you have an etc, for a dual core, im sure a ninja mini will do, but if your on a quad im not so sure, also OCing comes to mind when choosing a cooler.

also, you dont need to copy and paste my quote, theres a quote button on the bottom right to automatically do it for you :p

Just placed the order for my V-350 with a Scythe fan controller. I'll be outfitting her with a LP JR P45 board, a Xeon X3220 processor, 4GB of Crucial Ballistix, a Palit 4850 Sonic, AverMedia AverTV combo, and two 640GB Western Digi's. OH, I'm also putting in a Swiftech 350, Magicool 240, two slim 120mm Yate Loons and a Fuzion V.2. This will be my last build for at least 2 months :D

edit: Make that two 4850 sonics :D

I've had my v350B for a couple of weeks and so far I'm only kind of disappointed with the cooling.

My setup is;
* Lian-Li v350B
* Corsair 520hx
* Asus P5E-vm hdmi
* Q6600 G0 with Mini Ninja on top
* 4gb GEIL (2x2gb) with Arctic Cooling RC
* Ati 4870 512mb, still looking for a good aftermarket cooler for it.
* 2 HDD, 500gb and 250gb

On to the flaws;
1) The front fans are noisy and kind of useless. I have some fm122 but I can't use them because they are too thick (32mm).
2) I would've liked the intakes with more intake power, I really don't think enough air gets in the case from the bottom and one side.
3) The back fan should have been a 92mm, or at least they should have made a second set of holes for a 92mm fan.
Anyway, all those things can be changed, I've got some alu which I'll put to good use and remake the sides,the backplate and the front fan holder.

Some rough sketchup plans
myV350_1.jpg

myV350_2.jpg

myV350_3.jpg

myV350_4.jpg

NOTE: The model isn't finished or accurate so I find no point in sharing it.

One last gripe which isn't really v350's fault, with the arctic RC on the RAM I won't be able to put the ninja’s fan in its natural position, pushing air front to back, so I'm thinking either;
a) pull air from the ninja to the back and hope that the hot air goes through the holes at the back and the PSU.
b) pull hot air from the side of the ninja, serving as an exhaust fan.
c) push fresh air from the side of the case and that way cool the NB and the back of the 4870.
I prefer C because I'd cool the ati (no wonder they went for a red colour scheme, that thing gets HOT), but that would mean a very high pressure system.

On to the flaws;
1) The front fans are noisy and kind of useless. I have some fm122 but I can't use them because they are too thick (32mm).
2) I would've liked the intakes with more intake power, I really don't think enough air gets in the case from the bottom and one side.
3) The back fan should have been a 92mm, or at least they should have made a second set of holes for a 92mm fan.
Anyway, all those things can be changed

1 + 2 can be solved by buying better fans. S-Flex or Noctua P12's. (P12's being better since they have AFAIK the highest static pressure of any 120mm fan)

3 you already know how to fix. :)

@mortadelo
really interesting idea! i would like to see that in actual picture soon!
but just wondering those are windows or just empty holes?

Back