Lian Li PC-V1000 Ideas

PrometheuSBoxeR

Limp Gawd
Well bottom line, I am unhappy with my wire-management and mabey even the airflow inside the case. I don't mind it, but I prefer it perfect. Its just me... I am looking for anyone who has any links, pictures, reviews, advice anything on these two topics. Here is what i'm dealing with.
http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn16432gd.jpg
http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn16390ya.jpg
are there any worth while case mods, case accessories, cable accessories ANYTHING at all to make my computer a better peice of equipment. I beleive I got the jist of what I am looking for. So people help me :)
Thanks in advance.

Here are some ideas.

Get some of the Li Li cd/dvd drive covers to clean up the front of the case and hide your drives. Get some of the PC-V767 mesh drive covers to get some air into the top part of your case:

Mount a 120mm fan behind those mesh covers by threading bungi cord:

Stick some sort of fan filter to help with the dust:

You will have cool air blowing onto your crucial components in the upper case.

That Ninja heatsink is not well designed for that case. Very little air moving thru it to expel the heat. The rear fan is offset and a bit too far to do much good.

Replace those ribbon cables with round cables.
You can route most of those cables (the rear fan cable is a perfect candidate) behind the mobo or hide the extra lengths behind the 5.25in drive brackets. Sleeve any of the exposed wiring and tie them neatly together to minimize any interruption to air flow. You want to show that you are in control of your wiring.

hmm i have the same power supply/motherboard.case, my cable management came out very nicely, see specs in sig

ill post pics asap

I like what I hear / see so far, this is exactly what I was looking for. Im sure there are tons of good case mods / managements out there that I am unaware of. Good start! I look forward to those pics as well.

lemme help ya with exactly what I did

1. reverse that hard drive, it doesnt slide all the way in but its stable enough
2. that back 120mm fan, why don't you shorten it with a zip tie and connect it to the 3 pin to the right of the ram slot? its right in front of it!
3.I stuck my pci-e 7800gt power lead through the little square that lian li pulled the front leads through.
4.fold those ide cables or get rounded cables asap
5.don't connect any of the front leads, do you really need them? all i connected was 1 usb header, thats IT! and that was the one closet to the edge of the mobo
6.tuck the remainder of the psu wires UNDER the psu
7. don't fret if you can't close the side of the panel at first, I couldnt either. hide all those cables and try again.
8. lose of the dvd drives, do u really need 2?

hope i helped

aldy402 said:

1. reverse that hard drive, it doesnt slide all the way in but its stable enough
2. that back 120mm fan, why don't you shorten it with a zip tie and connect it to the 3 pin to the right of the ram slot? its right in front of it!
3.I stuck my pci-e 7800gt power lead through the little square that lian li pulled the front leads through.
5.don't connect any of the front leads, do you really need them? all i connected was 1 usb header, thats IT! and that was the one closet to the edge of the mobo
7. don't fret if you can't close the side of the panel at first, I couldnt either. hide all those cables and try again.

hope i helped
Thank you for the advice, I will be planning my rules of engagement as im going to tackle these problems soon. I still would love to see your pics though if you could get some that would be great. I have a good eye for detail and since you have same hardware would make it quite easy and pleasing for me.
Thanks

heres mine, specs are in sig, any advice is greatly appreciated

dsc008483hk.opt.jpg

dsc008492oi.opt.jpg

dsc008503yc.opt.jpg

dsc008564ve.opt.jpg

Not to hijack this man's thread but where did you get those silver (alum) drive covers? I have 3 Lian Li cases I wantem......nobodys gottem :(
c1001 said:
Here are some ideas.

Get some of the Li Li cd/dvd drive covers to clean up the front of the case and hide your drives. Get some of the PC-V767 mesh drive covers to get some air into the top part of your case:

Mount a 120mm fan behind those mesh covers by threading bungi cord:

Stick some sort of fan filter to help with the dust:

You will have cool air blowing onto your crucial components in the upper case.

That Ninja heatsink is not well designed for that case. Very little air moving thru it to expel the heat. The rear fan is offset and a bit too far to do much good.

Replace those ribbon cables with round cables.
You can route most of those cables (the rear fan cable is a perfect candidate) behind the mobo or hide the extra lengths behind the 5.25in drive brackets. Sleeve any of the exposed wiring and tie them neatly together to minimize any interruption to air flow. You want to show that you are in control of your wiring.

Lt. Dan said:
Not to hijack this man's thread but where did you get those silver (alum) drive covers? I have 3 Lian Li cases I wantem......nobodys gottem :(
they are black, not silver. they are from the new 767 case. Try PerformancePCs or HamptonTech.

aldy402 said:

hope i helped

It is not ideal to connect a fan, especially 120mm to the motherboard header, it isnt really capable of the draw, it will slow down your cpu fan(if applicable) as well as degrade performance. you should avoid plugging fans into the mobo headers at all costs.

Darkala said:
It is not ideal to connect a fan, especially 120mm to the motherboard header, it isnt really capable of the draw, it will slow down your cpu fan(if applicable) as well as degrade performance. you should avoid plugging fans into the mobo headers at all costs.

I disagree, it's great for people who who want to lower the fan rpm's without a use of a fan controller. your so wrong on all accounts, it doesn't degrade performance,interupt power, or cause power flucuations at all. I have ample power connections to my mobo as does he.

if you like your fans at full speeds at all times with no control, then good for you.
I'd also like to see evidence, if what u say is proven true, then i'll eat my words..

aldy402 said:
I disagree, it's great for people who who want to lower the fan rpm's without a use of a fan controller. your so wrong on all accounts, it doesn't degrade performance,interupt power, or cause power flucuations at all. I have ample power connections to my mobo as does he.

if you like your fans at full speeds at all times with no control, then good for you.
I'd also like to see evidence, if what u say is proven true, then i'll eat my words..

All of the fans on the board will lower in RPM, that includes, in most cases, the CPU fan. Such a loss in available current could slow the CPU fan to the point the processor heats maybe 5 degrees or more, easily, and thus degrades performance. Sure, you can reduce the fan RPM, but they ALL will drop in speed.

Thinking about getting stuff done from performance-pcs myself. They are only about an hour away from where i live tops, so may see if i can just drop off my computer and pick it up when the mods are done. (or at least get some ideas from them..lol)
May get a v2000b case tho. Running out of room in my v1000b atm. :(

kamxam said:
Thinking about getting stuff done from performance-pcs myself. They are only about an hour away from where i live tops, so may see if i can just drop off my computer and pick it up when the mods are done. (or at least get some ideas from them..lol)
May get a v2000b case tho. Running out of room in my v1000b atm. :(

They do really good work (and unfortunately very pricey).

Back