Lian Li PC- Q7 itx case.

Newegg has been out of stock for a couple of days (I think maybe a week or so). No reviews yet.

Maybe Lian-Li recalled them so they could make modifications to the case's design?

I'm waiting like a sucker for this PC case but no signs of availibility anywhere, except ....

11mcc1viv2q.jpg

... In Hong Konk

sfdir6xql1.jpg

... and Japan

sfdir1xsha.jpg

sfdir2euty.jpg

sfdir33onz.jpg

sfdir4ttb6.jpg

sfdir52o1t.jpg

Thanks but they don't ship to Europe anyway.

Have just found another interesting Mini iTX case.

The A Open S 120 A

06-in-folieprpy.jpg

7hvcz.png

222pig.png

21jtmr.png

20atko.jpg

28-desktop6sze.jpg

Instead of spamming a million pictures, why don't you just link to the product page like everyone else on this forum? We don't need to see a ton of pictures as we can find them ourselves and it makes going through a thread rather tedious.

You seem to have a problem with numbers, right ?

A million is: 1.000.000

And the number of pictures above is 12.

Besides this, you should speak for yourself, as in I don't need to see a ton of pictures.

Saying we don't need to see a ton of pictures is just plain arrogant ... presuming you speak on behalf of the rest of the world.

If you don't like my pictures then I suggest to avoid threads started by Cov.

Instead of spamming a million pictures, why don't you just link to the product page like everyone else on this forum? We don't need to see a ton of pictures as we can find them ourselves and it makes going through a thread rather tedious.

i think one or two pics is alright to generate some interest, but I agree, further pics should just be linked. Especially since this is a Q7 thread.

Anyway, I don't like that case; I wish the Q7 didn't bother to go the full atx psu route. With one processor and one smaller video card max plus minimal peripherals, the power draw should still be comfortably in the quality SFX psu range.

edit: lol@Cov's response.. haha

I don't believe you'll find too many people that think differently from me, so I think I can speak for most people. I invite you to find individuals that think otherwise. You're the only person on this forum that spams pictures like that and it just makes this forum harder to read and get useful information out of. We have gallery threads for posting lots of pictures in if you really have the need to show the world something that badly. This is a discussion board, not an image gallery after all. Quality over quantity...

You think you can speak for the majority, right ?

Tell me Blue Fox. How come that I have this kind of conversation in no other forum than here ?
In fact I have posted this very thread with a million of pictures in 4 different computer forums and you are the only person who complaints.

You like arguing, right ? ;)

This forum isn't like the majority of others. Note the lack of avatars, post count listings, etc. I don't frequent other forums, so I can't speak on their behalf. I won't deny the arguing bit though...

Ahem, the Silverstone SG05 is not a tower style PC case.

I bought one of these lian-li cases and also considered the silverstone unit.

They should be about the same size just the lian li is tall and not deep, vs the silverstone which is short and fat, and deep (so ti can hold full length cards).

reason I got the lian-li was it was cheaper (I had a spare earthwatts 380 so I didnt need the psu in the silverstone), made of aluminum and not steel and plastic like the silverstone, and I could use a normal cdrom. Also don't like the wide short format as much. I think it looks better too, as the sugo 05 just looks cheap with the plastic front.

That said, the silverstone can fit normal length cards ,and dtx boards. But the lian-li can still fit a shorter card say probably an 8600gt or a 4670 I think would fit fine.

I wrote the first newegg review. It looks like islandboi here write the 2nd, though I am not sure he actaully bought one of these or not (in the review he's complaining about it not taking a full length card, when its obvious in the pictures it cant take one)

Interesting.

Pros: It can fit some standard sized components.
Cons: It can't fit some standard sized components.

Other Thoughts: Seriously, what were LianLi's designers and engineers thinking? What's the point of being able to use a full sized ATX power supply when you can't fit any of the new, power hungry, double slot video cards?

This case only has one expansion slot opening on the back and most of the new, power hungry, double slot video cards are too long to fit in this case.

You can use a PicoPSU or SFX PSU to power pretty much everything you could fit in this case and use of either type of PSU would have made the case smaller.

Pros: this case is fantastically well built. Its aluminum so it is super light, it can take all sorts of normal parts such as standard atx psu, and cdrom.

You can also put a shorter video card in it such as a radeon 4670 length card. the price was very cheap considering the build quality of this compared to everything else in its price range.

Cons: its a little large for mini itx (though considering you can use all standard components its understandable. its about the size of a 2000 sheet stack of 8 x 11 paper.
Other Thoughts: I do sort of wish it had a laptop cdrom slot, and a solid state psu instead. I'm sure that would have made it cost a lot more but it would have been smaller.

By the way Hans ... would it be possible to post some nice pictures of your case please ?

Thanks

I remember that this case was offered for $63.99 recently at Newegg.

The price has gone up to $69.99 now ? Wow !

Interesting.

By the way Hans ... would it be possible to post some nice pictures of your case please ?

Thanks

I actually put them up as a facebook photo album. Hopefully you can see these pictures without having to have a facebook account, I think it should work.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4441/102/32/2518415/n2518415_46450739_7081656.jpg

Is the case.

The board I used is below

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...1_803786742786_2518415_46450738_3488785_n.jpg

I did notice one rather annoying thing about this case. Maybe it is my motherboard I am not sure, but it seems like if you install the motherboard with the built in standoffs, the ports do not quite touch the I/o shield.

so its maybe 5mm - 7 mm gap between the i/o shield and the actual ports. LIke I said it could be the board, or maybe its the case I got is not quite right. So here is a picture of the rear of my computer
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...1_803817186776_2518415_46452300_6765139_n.jpg

I used an antec earthwatts 380 and just tucked the extra cables into a corner. I still think a video card could fit like I wrote in the newegg review, like a 4670 but it would be tight. I have a 7300LE nvidia that is the same length and I got it to fit (after a lot of jiggering around) so it should be possible.

Its a really nice looking case though. The i/o shield thing seems pretty stupid, but it coul db ejust the board I have. I have a d201gly2 as well, maybe ill have to see if that fits correclty.

Also it was initially 63.99 because it was on sale (odd that it'd be on sale as a brand new product) for 10% off. I did not get in on that $6 off and it promptly went out of stock it seemed.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how big a cpu cooler can be for this case? would a NT06 Fit? and cool in the same style as a sugo?

Does anyone know how big a cpu cooler can be for this case? would a NT06 Fit? and cool in the same style as a sugo?

How big would you like it ?

If you use this PSU instead of a full ATX PSU, you had enough space for almost the whole width of the case.

Dimensions Lian Li = 193 (W) x 280 (H) x 208 (D) mm

Good, aye ?

How big would you like it ?

If you use this PSU instead of a full ATX PSU, you had enough space for almost the whole width of the case.

Dimensions Lian Li = 193 (W) x 280 (H) x 208 (D) mm

Good, aye ?

There actually appears to be a circular hole in the case, near the bottom made just for the barrel plug of the pico PSU.

I have no idea what an NT06 is.

But a retail intel or retail AMD cooler fit.

If you have a full ATX psu in there, there is maybe 1 inch clearance on an AMD retail cooler.

Is it possible to put a Gemini II (not "S" version) in this case? And what is the maximal size supported for a video card? Thanks

Is it possible to put a Gemini II in this case?

The Geminii II Heatsink has the dimensions: 175 x 124.6 x 81.5 mm (without any fans!)
As the PC-Q07 can only take a CPU cooler with max 70m height, it won't fit.

What is the maximal size supported for a video card? Thanks
Sorry, have not found any info on that one.
Hopfully someone might know.

Thermalright AXP140:
Dimension: L 110 x W 125 x H 63 mm
Weight: 367g
Heatpipes: 5 heatpipes to spread heat around aluminum fins
Material: Soldered fins to copper base (Nickel)

16612d1212654484-thermalright-thermalright-axp140-tu120e-black-und-120e-kupfer-auf-computex-product_xp120.jpg

With 63 mm height it might be tight, but I don't see a problem there.

Ok, I'm thinking about switching from my SG05B to this PC-Q07, with a Zotac ITX 9300, Q6600 and a Geforce 9800GT. I hope the machine won't be too hot...

The PC-Q07 is 208 mm deep while the card is 266.7 mm long.
The Geforce 9800 GT has the following dimensions:

4.38" = 111.2 mm (H)
9" = 266.7 mm (L)

Unfortunately this won't fit.
The heat would concern me though, if the cooling was not addressed properly.

Sorry it seems hard to build a powerful Mini iTX system.
First of all, I think a dual core like the E8400 or E8500 would provide enough torque for any demand.
If you still prefer a quad, then I'd go for the Q9550.
But because I suspect you either have the Q6600 already or maybe can get a good deal on it, the additional heat from the CPU would have to be cooled down with a smart airflow within the case.

What is your motivation to build a small system ?
If top performance has the highest priority for you, Micro ATX seems to be the better platform than Mini iTX.
I personally love Mini iTX, and in order to build as small as possible, I'm going to make the following compromise:

1. A Mini iTX system that only uses the onboard IGP ... for light PC usage. Can't (almost) go any smaller than that.
2. A Micro ATX system with discrete graphics card for gaming and heavy applications.

Of course you could just build a Mini iTX system as powerful as you can get, but that won't fit in a small PC case anymore as you see.
Don't know what it looks like having a Mini iTX board in a full ATX PC case though.
I guess the computer industry is evolving into smaller AND more powerful, but we're not quite there yet.

Last edited:
LOL Shit. I have to know buy this case now because of Cov and I don't even like it. :p

I have a PoV 9800GT which length is 18cm and I'm not sure about your standard 9800GT dimensions... I'd think you're talking about the 9800GTX.

must there be image(s) in every one of your posts?

why not just post the link.

despite that, good looking out, makes sense considering the v350 had a red version too.

Last edited:
Back