Lian-Li PC-Q25

Cliff Couser

[H]ard|Gawd
Room for 7x 3.5" HDs (5 hot-swap)

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...ex=584&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=67&g=f

q25-12.jpg

its like the PC-Q08 v2.0 :)

For those curious

Dimensions
pc-q25
(W) 199mm x (H) 280mm x (D) 366mm = 20.4 L

pc-q08
(W) 227mm x (H) 272mm x (D) 345mm = 21.3 L

Hot swap connectors, tool less side panels. Depending on street price I might have just found a new server case for my media center

Goddamn, I just bought the PC-Q08 for a small server. Maybe I should get this instead...

Does anyone know when it will be available?

With LL it takes time for it's products to hit retailers. If you don't need hotswap you'll be happy

judging by how long it took the a05fn to reach the US, it'll be about a month and a half to two months from when it's available in taiwan, so maybe 3 months total. i wouldn't hold my breath on availability.

Looks awesome, mini-itx case with that many bays is sweet. I'd want one if it had another few drive bays just because I need more drives for my home server.

this has been listed at a couple of EU stores now, prices of black version to compare:
PC-Q25 : €120
PC-Q08 : €80-€90
PC-Q11 : €65-€70
PC-Q07 : €40-€50
prices above include 19% sales tax, but these early prices may be artificially high until real prices are finalised by the EU distributor (probably CaseKing)

Looks awesome, mini-itx case with that many bays is sweet. I'd want one if it had another few drive bays just because I need more drives for my home server.

yah it would have been nice if they'd extended the backplane to the bottom of the case instead of leaving room for long video cards, but seeing as this is only the second itx case with a backplane and is both rationally designed and very good looking, i'll excuse them this once :)

I can't really complain because this looks like an awesome case, but I will anyway, the lack of front panel usb 3 ports really stinks.

meh. there are no usb3 devices to speak of yet, and it would ruin the clean lines of the front and probably up the price too

Oh yes, that looks amazing!
First case I've seen that can hold high performance components, without a 5.25" bay.

meh. there are no usb3 devices to speak of yet, and it would ruin the clean lines of the front and probably up the price too

Are you forgetting that USB 3 is backwards compatible with USB 2? I just want easy access for my flash drive or portable hard drive. Place the ports on top for all I care as long as it is accessible.

then get a q08? this seems more optimized toward NAS boxes, which don't particularly need front usb

Looks very nice, just ordered a q08 for an unraid server and this seems to have some pros and cons but isn't categorically better so I won't be refusing shipment :p

Wow I love the clean front! I'm glad they finally they got rid of the silly 5.25 bay slot. I never use my DVD drive anymore. Hot swap bays and tool less cover is pretty sweet. You have to take out like 6 screws to get the cover off the Q08.

I like it. I wish they had put a front USB3.0 port or two. They could have put the ports on top too so that it wouldn't ruin the clean look of the front.

Wow. Glad this was bumped as I missed it.

Are there no front ports at all? This is strictly meant as a file server I assume? Seems a bit odd given the full size PSU and GPU capability.

I'm drooling with anticipation. But it looks to me like they've made a significant design mistake: wouldn't it be better to invert the PSU and have it draw air directly from outside? You'd need a hole in the side panel, obviously.

I would have liked to see 2 each of USB 2 & 3 ports and a fitting for a slimline DVDRW.

I haven't seen many itx motherboards with more than 4 sata ports. In fact, I've only seen 1 model so far and I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.

I haven't seen many itx motherboards with more than 4 sata ports. In fact, I've only seen 1 model so far and I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.

Zotac makes a motherboard using the Intel H55 chipset that has 6 sata slots.

The motherboard that I am currently using in my Lian Li PC-Q08 has 4 SATA slots and 1 PATA slot. You can buy adapters that convert a PATA into 2 SATA slots; making a total of 6.

Was literally just about to pull the trigger on a Q08 server build today (with a BZ-501 mesh 5.25 bay cover) when I stumbled on this... Nicely done, Lian Li. Change of plan.

this has been listed at a couple of EU stores now, prices of black version to compare:
PC-Q25 : €120
PC-Q08 : €80-€90
PC-Q11 : €65-€70
PC-Q07 : €40-€50
prices above include 19% sales tax, but these early prices may be artificially high until real prices are finalised by the EU distributor (probably CaseKing)

^ Which stores have you found 'em at? I've had no joy on caseking, amazon.de/fr/uk, scan, or any of the usual euro-suspects......

If they replaced the drive trays for a fixing for something like a Corsair H60, it would make a very nice mini-PC.

This is the board i've just bought for my nas - Amd e350 with 6 sata 3 ports

Wow nice board dude. I wish it was out when I built my WHS. My Gigabyte Atom board works pretty well but the cooling is crappy. It has a heatsink with a small loud fan. I've been meaning to put a better passive heatsink on the processor, but I might just go for this board ifi can get decent value for my Atom board.

i was thinking about this yesterday - what does everyone think of the sata backplane? being that it adds an extra point of failure for an array (if you chose to have raid).

Is the large HD cage removable? Looks like a good alternative to the Q08 for me since I will be using an external optical drive. But I only plan to install 1 2.5" HD- I'd rather remove that entire HD cage to free up the interior of the case...

Ruahrc

Anyone got one yet and could post some pics please ?
Anyway, here is a little videoclip of the PC-Q25. Seems to be the first one on YouTube.
I can see some nice moddings coming up :)

Back