Lian-Li PC-Q25

Balance -
What RAID card or expander card are you running? Definitely like your setup but I'm still waiting to hear how heat management is.

Its the good old m1015 on IT mode waiting cables for it atm =( ebay seller from china sure is slow

The Silverstone ST50F-P fits perfectly in this case with the short cable kit.

IMG_20120726_172353.jpg

What are you guys using for your 8087 fanout cables, I need some short ones for my 9265-8i?

St50f is a great size, that's what I 'm using too. The short cable bit over price imo

8087 fan out cable?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewitem?itemId=160818563589&index=13&nav=SEARCH&nid=38572046986

Order these very easy to tie. Monoprice carry them too

Ya! Its like almost 30 dollars for short cable kit here =(

edit

cant decide between the Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition High Airflow 140mm Fan (CO-9050009-WW) or the Silverstone Air Penetrator AP141 140MM 1500RPM 64.34CFM 30DBA Directed Airflow Cooling Fan

Cougar Vortex 140MM Hydro Dynamic Bearing Fan 1200RPM 70.5/119.8CFM 19.2DB 3PIN Black Orange Retail any good? :/

Last edited:
Magnetik -
Part number or link to where I can get the PSU extension bracket for this case? Preferably in the USA. Thanks!

Lian Li PE-01B

I think I got it off amazon but other sellers have it as well.

Silverstone ST50F-P can only power 8 drives LOL wtf

if I put on two more drives it wont power

at first I tho I was shorting something after more testing

the PSU PCI cable is different plug than the normal molex/satapower cable, if I mod it will I be able to power the other two drive or no?

edit
also one cable have like three molex, I plug that one into the 5 hotswap bay molex (even with only one cable attach on PSU) it still won't power on

am I some how overloading each of the 6 pin out of the PSU? ?_?

edit2
each cable out of the PSU only power up to three harddrive

edit3
ok test with another psu to power the 5 hotswap bay result->smoke OCZ psu

i guess there was a reason why it i didnt power the first top howswap bay -.-

edit4
ok wtf what burn, I tho it was my hd204ui because it had a chip that kind of had burn marks but plug the drive back in still alive ?_?

Last edited:
Have you tried staggering the spin-up of the drives with the M1015? 10 drives probably pulls 20 amps on start up, so that may be the issue with only 34 amps available.

going to install OI and nappit on box to see drives because the two drives that I tho burn still works

maybe its the back plate that burn IDK

but the drive I tho burn does smell burnt and one of the chip is like slated

note to self, dont every use OCZ PSU, not matter the price. I picked up this refurb 600w OCZ for like 5 dollars and it now probably destroy either case's hotswap backplate or one of my hdd FML

Code:
  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM     CAP            Product
	rpool       ONLINE       0     0     0
	  c4t0d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0     64.02 GB       M4-CT064M4SSD2

errors: No known data errors

pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
  scan: none requested
config:

NAME                        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM     CAP            Product
	tank                        ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz2-0                  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c14t50024E90047DD96Cd0  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI
	    c14t50024E90047DD984d0  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI
	    c14t50024E90047DD98Cd0  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI
	    c14t50024E90047DD98Dd0  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI
	    c14t50024E92061864FBd0  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI
	    c14t50024E920618658Ad0  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI
	    c14t50024E92066EB9E4d0  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI
	    c14t50024E92066EBA7Ed0  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI
	    c4t2d0                  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI
	    c4t3d0                  ONLINE       0     0     0     2.00 TB        SAMSUNG HD204UI

errors: No known data errors

hmm everything seems ok :/

these hd204UI sure is a tank even after a burn it still works :p

going to install OI and nappit on box to see drives because the two drives that I tho burn still works

maybe its the back plate that burn IDK

but the drive I tho burn does smell burnt and one of the chip is like slated

note to self, dont every use OCZ PSU, not matter the price. I picked up this refurb 600w OCZ for like 5 dollars and it now probably destroy either case's hotswap backplate or one of my hdd FML

perhaps the note should read.. don't buy ANY "refurb" P/S for $5 to power an expensive array. :p

Last edited:
The sleeves on my short cable kit already separated with the heatstrink after removing and reinstallingg psu

Ok, I'm getting pictures up, but I modded this case: removed the drive cage- and fit inside a full video card, full-sized power supply (SeaSonic) and three drives....

Now that Defcon is over I've got time to show some of the [H] inspired stuff I've been working on lately- like building a desk and this sff build...

-1o57

Here are pics of my Lian-Li PC-Q25 Mod for a full-sized video card AND full-sized power supply.

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_1.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_2.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_2a.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_2b.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_3.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_4.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_5.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_6.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_7.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_8.jpg

PC-Q25_Mod_Pic_9.jpg

Enjoy. I'm happy to answer questions about the mod.

-LosT

good stuff :D

but if you're using this as a main rig, no front usb =(

Q25/Q08 is more a NAS/HTPC imo but still good mod, you got water kit in there

good stuff :D

but if you're using this as a main rig, no front usb =(

Q25/Q08 is more a NAS/HTPC imo but still good mod, you got water kit in there

Actually I don't need the front USB, because I have a cable that goes behind the desk and plugs into a USB hub down on the desk ;) (See my desk pictures in other thread....)

Thanks for the kind words, was my first posting here...

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

I put one ssd on the very top and one above the two hdd with the OWC bracket

End result

the temperature of bottom hard drives seems to be around 30C - 33C after DD Bench and some 500GB files transfer. Fans on max (12V) they're pretty quite

working on an itx case is pretty challenging because everything is a tight fit but over all I enjoy the build :D

Here are pics of my Lian-Li PC-Q25 Mod for a full-sized video card AND full-sized power supply.

Lovely mod. How did you pop the rivets?

Why did you need such a beefy PSU? I could understand it if you had a 690 in there but surely a standard 450W SFX PSU would have sufficed for the 7770?

Here's my Mini-ITX gaming / nas build:

10331651.jpg

dsc0015xg.jpg

Specs are:
Intel Core i7 2600K /w TR AXP-140 RT (passive)
Asus P8H77I
8GB G.SKILL Sniper 1600mhz
Radeon HD 7970
Corsair HX650w
Crucial m4 128GB SSD & 5x2TB Samsung F4 @ Raid 5
Front fan: Thermalright X-Silent 140mm
Top fan: Thermalright TY-140 (yes it fits on that little space :D)

Next thing to do is to get 120mm X 12mm low profile scythe fan and put it at bottom to suck cold air in.
I also need to mod one 60 or 70mm low profile fan to fit under the AXP-140 RT cpu heatsink and get a 15mm shroud on top of it so that the air gets sucked out from the heatsink through psu.
Now the heatsink is running passive but keeps the temps at bay (40c idle / 65c game load).

Graphic card gets hot after hours of gaming but I can still keep max oc from ccc and it doesn't throttle the card afaik.

By the way, can anyone recommend a 60-70mm fan which is 10-15mm deep and has PWM (not mandatory)?

Last edited:
Wow your mobo supports raid 5

Maybe get a fan at the bottom blowing air to gpu

Gj keep the q25 coming =D

Btw nice padding inside the case

Do you guys think the modular Seasonic M12II would fit this case?

I know Lian Li states 140mm as max PSU length (M12II is 150mm) but judging by the photos, it might be doable.

What do guys think? Thanks.

Made a few upgrades to my unRAID server. Here's some photos.

I upgraded to the ASUS P8H77-I, Intel i3-3220T 35w, and 2x2GB Kingston HyperX 1600 from an AMD Sempron 130. Needed more processing power for video transcoding to iDevices. This new setup is so snappy!

Also have another 2TB Hitachi 5k3000 on the way. May pick up a 3TB 5k3000 as well, as they're becoming hard to find after being bought out by WD.

25h3lzn.jpg

25rjda8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

Has anyone managed to get the power LED to work? I read in a review that it only has a 3-pin connector.

Thanks.

Hi

Has anyone managed to get the power LED to work? I read in a review that it only has a 3-pin connector.

Thanks.

Yes, I just yanked the pins out of the connector. Alternatively, you could just move the pins within the connector to match your motherboard.

The power LED is so dang bright anyway. I have a piece of black electrical tape covering most of it.

Yes, I just yanked the pins out of the connector. Alternatively, you could just move the pins within the connector to match your motherboard.

The power LED is so dang bright anyway. I have a piece of black electrical tape covering most of it.

Thanks, spencers.

Just finished this build for my gf (Her Christmas gift)
*No Videocard since she only needs one for Facebook / Internet and Movies
(More than enough with HD4000)

-Lian-Li PC-Q25
-Intel 3570K
-Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi
(None of those damn Asus mini-ITX boards fit Cogage cooler, back plate issue)
-Intel 520 120G
-Seagate 2TB
-Corsair DDR3 Vengeance LP 1600 (2 X 8G)
-Corsair AX 750
-1 X 120mm / 1 X 140mm Gelid fans
(Love them, best fans hands down, easy to clean)

*Removed a HDD cage
*A little bit of grinding around the bottom HDD rack
*Lian-Li fan controller Installed
*Cable manage tool installed
*Cables been cut / sleeved by MDPC sleeving
*CPU is running on passive

img0221pn.jpg

img0216jh.jpg

img0214td.jpg

img0213tu.jpg

img0223yw.jpg

img0302s.jpg

img0308l.jpg

Last edited:
You have to drill out rivets. Pick a drill-bit that is smaller than the head of the rivet, use low speed setting and don't push hard. Drill just enough that the head comes away from the body of the rivet, then it should push out.

Would one of you guys have the time to measure distance from the top of 1 HDD to the bottom of the drive below? In other words, what is the height of two hard drives mounted in that cage. I am looking for something low profile for my build, I only gave 65mm to spare, and it seems that this cage may work (after modifications...).

Great job on tidying it all up, btw.
It is amazing what you can do in such small space!

Would one of you guys have the time to measure distance from the top of 1 HDD to the bottom of the drive below? In other words, what is the height of two hard drives mounted in that cage. I am looking for something low profile for my build, I only gave 65mm to spare, and it seems that this cage may work (after modifications...).

Great job on tidying it all up, btw.
It is amazing what you can do in such small space!

2 and 1/8 inches

Longtime lurker finally registering :)

How would two Seagate 3TB 7200RPM (ST3000DM001) fare mounted on top of each other directly under the drive cage using the nexus doubletiwn?
From what I can gather from pictures the airflow from the front fan does not really reach down below...
They atm run a bit hot, 45c~, in my Fractal Design Array R2 next to 4 5400RPM Hitachis and I'm thinking of migrating to this case because of the potential for 8 HDDs :)

Last edited:
I'm building a zfs server in one of these right now. Good case, if a bit of a challenge to build in.

Running a S1200KPR with a Celeron G555 and 16GB of Kingston ECC Valueram.

Will be a 6 drive RaidZ2 for the time being, likely on FreeNAS, using 2TB WD reds. Using the motherboard ports plus a Rocketraid HBA.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a replacement cooler for the stock Intel. It's got a rather annoying buzz, and while absolute silence isn't required (though a nice goal to shoot for), it's got to go.

Does a Scythe Shuriken fit? Any other good options?

Also, looking for some SHORT left angle SATA cables to go from the mobo to the drive tray, any ideas?

Edit: These look decent, if a little long. Anyone have experience with them? http://www.moddiy.com/products/****...-Speed-SATA-Cable-(90-Degree-Left-Angle).html

Edit 2: I seem to have a different SATA backplane than the others in this thread. Mine has 3 Molex power connectors, 5 SATA data connectors, and 5 SATA power connectors. The SATA data connectors are also rotated 90 degrees from the pics in this thread. It seems to be the Q18 backplane plus an additional separate single drive PCB with both SATA and Molex connectors on it.

Last edited:
Anyone know if a the silverstone nt06 pro will fit in this case? Clearance is supposed to be 80mm but the nt06 is 82mm

Back