Lian-Li PC-Q10 ; anyone have this?

This case looks intriguing, I like the looks and it seems to be slightly smaller than a fractal design node 304 while supporting excellent cooling and its light (2.4 kg). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

That's pretty nice. It's like Lian Li's take of a cheaper and more consumer orientated of the NCASE M1 that they built with the M1 being an enthusiast grade case.

Lian-Li advertises the Q10 as accommodating a 2x120mm radiator on the top panel, but then where is a power supply supposed to go? I downloaded the Q10 manual, but it gave no answers.

Lian-Li advertises the Q10 as accommodating a 2x120mm radiator on the top panel, but then where is a power supply supposed to go? I downloaded the Q10 manual, but it gave no answers.

I don't have this case, but looking at the product page, if you use a radiator, it actually gets mounted on top of the case, not inside. It might be possible to mount a 120mm single radiator inside if you replaced that case fan.

Lian-Li Global | PC-Q10

The Q17 page (basically same thing with some Asus branding) shows one installed

Lian-Li Global | PC-Q17

Yeah, 2x120mm radiator gets mounted on the top.

I have one coming next week for an ITX build with a 980 Ti, I can try to take some pictures if that would be of interest. I was intrigued by the good temperatures it got in the SPCR and Tom's Hardware reviews, and since people have been able to put in an MSI 980 Ti 6G in there (which is 7mm longer than what is officially supported) I thought about giving it a go. Plus it takes ATX supplies and not those noisy SFX PSUs.

Reactions: Ulti
like this
My build is in progress; I only started on it last night. I am happy with the progress so far.

Positives are that the heatsink for the Dark Rock 3 fits as has been shown in the past, and my MSI 980 Ti Golden Edition also fits!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The actual heatsink for the be quiet! does not touch the acrylic panel when I peaked through the grating; it looks like there is ~1mm of gap between the highest parts the heatsink (the round dots on the top which are probably nice caps for the ends of the pipes). However, the fan being 135mm does cause the door to bulge out by about 1mm or so. Not a lot but noticeable if you are looking at it.

If you are using RAM without any heatsink on it then you should be fine with the stock 135mm fan; my Kingston HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR4 heatsinks are too tall for it. I have a 120mm Noctua NF-F12 iPPC coming to use as an alternative.

The PCB length looks to be 279mm in for the 980 Ti Golden, however the heatsink is almost 3/8" shorter. The placement means you can move the USB 3.0 and HD Audio cables so that they bend downward a bit underneath the PCB of the video card, and it looks to me like there is not enough bending going on to feel uncomfortable about it.

I did get a 140mm PSU as I was kind of wary of using my existing 160mm one, but it looks like a 160mm would fit. You would have tighter cable bends though.

I will probably put a 800RPM Scythe up in the top, and maybe replace the Lian Li one with the same if I find the fan noise to be annoying from it.

I really wish I had a short cable kit for this though :). Maybe I will try and actually use the cabling tools I bought two years ago and make some shorter ones.

Finished pictures are below. I have fan noise issues that need to get resolved. I'm very disappointed that the Noctua fan is my biggest noise offender in the case... that is usually my go-to PWM fan brand as they tend to not have any electrical noise. The cooler master fan also makes ticking/buzzing noises at idle which is disappointing. If I put a magazine over the fan grates on the top you can't hear the noise anymore, so I might look at partially blocking some of the grating holes on top if I decide to continue on with the case. Have some different fans on order for the CPU and exhaust areas that should be here tomorrow.

The Cooler Master PSU was fantastic to use space-wise though, and the cables are very flexible which helped with the funky routing I had to do. I don't think I could attempt a 160mm PSU in here though, and 150mm would definitely be the limit. I was happy that the CM PSU was 140mm.

There are alignment issues with the DVD drive in that it gets caught on the lip when you eject a disk. Have to use a paperclip to straighten out the disc as it ejects to let it come out all the way.

I have not played any games yet to see how temperatures are.

Hey I have this case.

I bought the Asrock x99e motherboard for this and mistakenly didn't realize I can only use CPU coolers that are compatible with a 'narrow ILM bracket' (I'm stupid I know).

Anyways this narrowed down my choices bigtime. I tried a h80i GT that I had but that didn't work. And now I'm considering trying a Noctua NH-D14. Noctua doesn't officially support it, but I have the bracket and tom's hardware managed to get it on this motherboard.

Dynatron R27 And R24 Versus Noctua NH-U9DX i4 - Introduction

Has anyone tried putting a Noctua NH-D14 in this case? The height of it seems to be at the absolute limit for this case so I'm a little hesitant. But I really want to get a decently beefy cooler in here.

Would love to hear anyones experience.

Thanks!

Finished pictures are below. I have fan noise issues that need to get resolved. I'm very disappointed that the Noctua fan is my biggest noise offender in the case... that is usually my go-to PWM fan brand as they tend to not have any electrical noise. The cooler master fan also makes ticking/buzzing noises at idle which is disappointing. If I put a magazine over the fan grates on the top you can't hear the noise anymore, so I might look at partially blocking some of the grating holes on top if I decide to continue on with the case. Have some different fans on order for the CPU and exhaust areas that should be here tomorrow.

The Cooler Master PSU was fantastic to use space-wise though, and the cables are very flexible which helped with the funky routing I had to do. I don't think I could attempt a 160mm PSU in here though, and 150mm would definitely be the limit. I was happy that the CM PSU was 140mm.

There are alignment issues with the DVD drive in that it gets caught on the lip when you eject a disk. Have to use a paperclip to straighten out the disc as it ejects to let it come out all the way.

I have not played any games yet to see how temperatures are.

Did you have enough room to close the side panel with your 980ti? Reason I ask is I have a 980ti classified which is 5.94" wide and your MSI gold edition is listed as 5.55" wide. Also, how about the length at 10.91"? Any spare room? The classified is 11"

And do reckon my Corsair SFX PSU cables could be routed behind mobo and still have enough length to connect in front , like the 8pin CPU? ( The cables are really short)

I have an ASROck x99e ITX/AC but I ordered the Noctua U9dxi4 because I planned to build inside the Ncase m1 but this case looks incredibly sexy.

...And (sorry for all these questions), could you give an opinion on NCASE m1 vs. Lian Li PCQ10 since you built in this case now? BTW your build is incredibly sexy

Last edited:
Hey I have this case.

I bought the Asrock x99e motherboard for this and mistakenly didn't realize I can only use CPU coolers that are compatible with a 'narrow ILM bracket' (I'm stupid I know).

Anyways this narrowed down my choices bigtime. I tried a h80i GT that I had but that didn't work. And now I'm considering trying a Noctua NH-D14. Noctua doesn't officially support it, but I have the bracket and tom's hardware managed to get it on this motherboard.

Dynatron R27 And R24 Versus Noctua NH-U9DX i4 - Introduction

Has anyone tried putting a Noctua NH-D14 in this case? The height of it seems to be at the absolute limit for this case so I'm a little hesitant. But I really want to get a decently beefy cooler in here.

Would love to hear anyones experience.

Thanks!

I have the x99 ASrock mITX board but I did a little research and found that article about the dynatoron r27 and I didn't want any issues so I ordered the u9dxi4 Noctua.

I dont have this case but ended up getting the NCASE M1.

What do you think about ncase m1 vs. this Lian Li PCQ10? and can you upload some pics of your build when your done?

there's probably not alot of info about the NH-d14 fitting in this Lian Li case becase its still pretty new, you might just have to try it. Let me know if you have any issues with RAM clearance on that ASROCK x99e ITX board.

Did you have enough room to close the side panel with your 980ti? Reason I ask is I have a 980ti classified which is 5.94" wide and your MSI gold edition is listed as 5.55" wide. Also, how about the length at 10.91"? Any spare room? The classified is 11"

And do reckon my Corsair SFX PSU cables could be routed behind mobo and still have enough length to connect in front , like the 8pin CPU? ( The cables are really short)

I have an ASROck x99e ITX/AC but I ordered the Noctua U9dxi4 because I planned to build inside the Ncase m1 but this case looks incredibly sexy.

...And (sorry for all these questions), could you give an opinion on NCASE m1 vs. Lian Li PCQ10 since you built in this case now? BTW your build is incredibly sexy

My memory is fuzzy given that this is a few months ago, but there were not issues with closing the door with that 980 Ti and it was a good "fit" once you bent the front panel cable down a bit so the cables ran underneath the video card.

The PCB length the card was not as much of a concern as it ends up mostly floating above the front panel header. Zoom in on the first pic and you should see what I am talking about... the heatsink on the MSI 980 Ti is about 1" shorter than the length of the PCB. The concern will be the heatsink and you may have fitment issues with a classified since the heatsink extends the PCB length of the card. It might not fit without seriously bending the front panel header cable.

You can compare cable lengths, but I had enough margin on my CPU power cable that I was not concerned about it. SFX would be better than my 140mm PSU of course, should help a bit more with fitment but that PSU I used was still pretty usable. I just had to drop it in and put the connectors onto the PSU at the same time before screwing in the PSU to the case, if that makes sense.

It was a cool case, and it was one of the best air cooling cases I've used, owing to its small size and still having three fans for exhaust. Your PSU WILL get hot ambient air going through it though, keep that in mind. Those SFX power supplies are already noisier, and might only be rated to 40 degC, so be prepared for a higher exhaust fan speed than what you were expecting out of the PSU fan.

That was my biggest issue with the case was the PSU noise. My PSU had a bad electrical buzzing noise such that it needed to be returned, but the fan was still running at a good clip regardless of the electrical noise. Not hairdryer loud for the PSU fan, but I want a silent computer at load and that PSU was not cutting it. If you are already looking at an SFX PSU, a 92mm CPU HSF fan, and an EVGA card then this might not be as much of a concern.

Back