Lian Li PC- Q08 itx case : Specification & Feature

Thanks for the link. I should have checked SPCR. I have gotten very good (quiet) results based on their testing and feedback in the past.

You went with the top-mounted rad I see. How will you address the clearance issue with the rad/fan and the PSU? Getting a slim fan or just live with the blockage? It would be great to see a pic of the rad as shot from the rear so that you could see how much of the rad gets blocked by the PSU if you use a standard 25mm thick fan.

My approach was going to be mounting it on the front and then getting a shorter GPU that would fit. I am pretty sure the MSI 6950 twin frozr II is going to work because it is supposed to be the same length as the 6870 version of the same card- which is 24.5cm- this should provide room for even a dual fan push-pull config.

Ruahrc

Sorry for the delay. I finally got my mosfet/vrm sinks and installed them. Here are the finalized pictures, including one with the PSU installed inside. I moved the H50 rad to the front. I think it's better that way, less stress on the tubes. The PSU extender helps A TON. I recommend using it.

Ruahrc, there's no room for dual push/pull config for H50 if you're using a 570. See below pics. So little space.

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

Yeah, I have more cables than I need plugged into the AX750, but it was necessary based on how I have placed my SSDs and hard drive. If I had placed them closer, then I would need one less cable plugged into the PSU.

The PSU in general can be mounted in any way. I chose that way because if I didn't, the cables would hit the tubes of the H50. I want to put less stress on the tubes as much as possible.

Hi guys, it's a lot since my last post (ZOTAC 9300 ITX build with ANTEC SKELETON mini-90).
I'm really intrigued to build a silent gaming system inside the Q08...
I'm waiting for some nice P67 mini-ITX MoBo, such as the Gigabyte
http://www.itxgamer.com/news/gigabyte-p67-mini-itx/
I would fit the XFX HD-695A-CNFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB, found from Newegg at $300 (shipped)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150518
In addition, I would make it silent applying the ARCTIC COOLING Accelero XTREME Plus, $77 from Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186043.
Honestly, I thought to do that with the Q11, but it looks like the longest GPU can be the HD6850...:mad:
Does anyone think it would be possible to fit the silent gaming solution inside the Q08?:confused:
Any help wil be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Silly question, but how do you remove the front 140mm fan? I'd like to replace with some noctua fans like the_transporter did. The top fan was simple enough, but I'm lost on the front intake fan.

Thanks for any help.

OK, so I finally figured out how to remove the front silver section with the dust filter by just pulling it down. (hmmm).

the_transporter how did you connect your 140mm noctua fan to this front silver section? The fan doesn't appear big enough to fit and the screw holes don't line up. Am I missing something here?

Any help greatly appreciated.

The Noctua 140mm fans have mounting holes for 120mm mounts, but they may also come with adapters for 140mm mounts (the little brackets you see on the sides). I think the adapters are only supplied if you bought the fan seperately, not if you got it with a Noctua heatsink. Noctua are quite good with spare parts, send them an email and they should be able to set you up with some brackets (possibly for free)

The Noctua 140mm fans have mounting holes for 120mm mounts, but they may also come with adapters for 140mm mounts (the little brackets you see on the sides). I think the adapters are only supplied if you bought the fan seperately, not if you got it with a Noctua heatsink. Noctua are quite good with spare parts, send them an email and they should be able to set you up with some brackets (possibly for free)

Thanks a lot for that CrimsonFury! I checked the packaging the fan came with and it does have the brackets that you described.:D

Thanks again.

I switched from the H50 to the Big Shuriken. Noise wise, it is way better than the H50 and the temperature still remains nice and cool on my X4 905e. I could hear the H50's pump working and it really started to irritate me. Best decision I've made in a long time, H50 never again. I would hear a buzz but that is absolutely gone with the Shuriken installed

My setup is
Phenom II X4 905e
M4A88T-I Deluxe
2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1333 SODIMM
Sapphire HD6870
OCZ 60GB Agility2 + 1TB Seagate
Silverstone ST45SF 450W SFX PSU
Sony AD-7260S DVDRW
Stock fans

Does anyone have a Twin Frozr installed in their Q08? How is the heat with the stock case fans?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Info and bring some photos recently completed another project, originally I wanted to go to a new SB i7 2600 and H67-ITX , but we all know how it went with SATA II ports - Google Translation :)

Lian Li PC-Q08B
Zotac H55
Core i7 860
8GB OCZ 1333
Seasonic X-660 GOLD
EVGA GTX 570
Intel SSD 80GB
5.25” optical drive
4 x 3.5" HDD
CoolIT Vantage ALC Universal

the tests have not yet been time
Idle consumption - 96 Watt

More photos can be found again in the gallery here:
http://opinena.rajce.idnes.cz/

DSCN0073.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

Last edited:
LIAN LI PC-Q08B Black $119.99
EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570 $349.99
CORSAIR Professional Series AX750 750W $169.99
ASUS P8H67-I DELUXE (REV 3.0) $159.99
Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz $209.99
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 $44.99
Lian Li PSU Extender $19.99
Corsair H50-1 $ 69.99
Intel 160G2 SSD - Already Own
Plextor 24x DVD Writer - Already Own
2x 3 TB WD Green Hard Drives - Already Own

I know not a lot of people have this motherboard so I was hoping to be critiqued on the build's selection of components. This is my first mITX build and hopefully it looks alright. I am concerned about the H50 and this motherboard. Overclocking is a moot point since it has the H67 motherboard otherwise I would have no problem getting the 2500k.

For the record I selected this motherboard because of 1155 support and onboard Wireless. I will not be able to use an Ethernet connection due to location.

Last edited:
since you cant overclock the CPU, I wouldnt get the H50. Most reviews say the stock cooler works just fine. Then you wouldnt need the extender either. Otherwise, it looks great to me. The Asus was my first choice for a mobo.

Thanks! they looked the same. I should have just tried it, but I was worried about damaging the threads! :D

According to Lian Li's web site its 185mm. Or not very much!

Thanks. I'm looking at a GTS 450 that is 188mm :-(

Ha-ha, I thought you knew the width of a 3.5" HDD ;)

I do but there is the thickness of the metal cage and gap to fan to take into account. I knew it was around 180-190mm but given the card I am looking at I needed a "proper" answer. I'd seen that pic earlier.

I managed to fit a GTS 9500 in it when I was playing around, which is 17.5cm, there was a little room the other side, so probably about that.

Given the card I am looking at would you possibly be able to measure that gap? Pretty please :D

Just wondering what are you using for the Optical drive cover, i kinda want to do PSU Hole cover, seems a nice material.

It's a decal that I got from eBay. Do a search for "carbon fiber decal" and a lot of results should come up.

Hi,

I need a no noise cpu cooler for using with ai7 2600 cpu not overclocked, any suggestion?

also I need the use of all hard disk bays

Thnaks

Ugo

It's a decal that I got from eBay. Do a search for "carbon fiber decal" and a lot of results should come up.
Thanks, :( i though was carbon fiber square, i ended up going with acrylic plastic.

I need a no noise cpu cooler for using with ai7 2600 cpu not overclocked, any suggestion?
The only way to get no noise is to go fanless, the Thermalright HR02 is one of the biggest coolers meant to be used passive, not sure if it could cool a i7 2600k passive (im using with i3 2100T)

But once you have one fan, passive is overrated, i would go with very low rpm fan on it, to make it inaudible, but with heatsinks like that you cant use a standard PSU (you can still use the HDD cages though), i used picoPSU 150XT, not sure if it will drive yours, as i only have a small 2.5 laptop drive.

The best that i seen, if you are planning to used a standard PSU, like Seasonic X400 / X560, is the Thermalright AXP140, i would undervolt it as 1500rpm is not going to be quiet, or change the fan to something like Thermalright X-Silent 140mm x 25mm Stealth Silent Fan - 900RPM or Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-1 140mm x 25mm Ultra Quiet Fan - 700 RPM. Check the following thread to see how it fits on Q08, Mini ITX H67 Silent Gaming System.

The best that i seen, if you are planning to used a standard PSU, like Seasonic X400 / X560, is the Thermalright AXP140, i would undervolt it as 1500rpm is not going to be quiet, or change the fan to something like Thermalright X-Silent 140mm x 25mm Stealth Silent Fan - 900RPM or Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-1 140mm x 25mm Ultra Quiet Fan - 700 RPM. Check the following thread to see how it fits on Q08, Mini ITX H67 Silent Gaming System.

hi,

yes I'm think to use the seasonic X400 fanless PSU. The mottherboard that will use is a zotac h67itx-c-e and I don't know if the backplane is compatible (for example the noctua one ins not compatible) and if I can use the pci-e slot

ugo

hi,

yes I'm think to use the seasonic X400 fanless PSU. The mottherboard that will use is a zotac h67itx-c-e and I don't know if the backplane is compatible (for example the noctua one ins not compatible) and if I can use the pci-e slot

ugo

Hard to say for sure, in my case the HR02 mounted fine on Intel DH61DLB3, had 2 small issues though, 1) the backplate is touching a small black cap, but it still settle fine. 2) the 4pin pwm fan connector of the board is overlaped slightly with the top plate of the HR02, this i solved just placing the fan connector before i mounted the plate. The AXP 140 used to use a different mounting setup, but the new ones have the same as the HR02/Venomus mounting syteam, even the thread that i posed before you can see the differences. But in case you run into issue there is an alternative mount, AXP-140 1156 Bolt-Thru-Kit

file.php

Back