Lian-li PC-Q07 Build and questions.

jdw715

n00b
I am putting together my parts for my Mini-itx system. Here's a list of parts already have:

Case: PC-Q07
PS: OCZ Fatality 550w
(Have a few 3.5" hard drives and 2.5" drives to choose from).
2gb Ripjaws X 1600.

I want to use it mostly for media playback with light encoding and gaming. I am looking at the Intel Core i3-2105 and i3-2125 because they have the HD 3000 graphics.

For motherboard I am looking at the Asrock H67M-ITX/HT because it has the build-in wifi and comes with a remote. Any concerns with this mobo?

I don't plan on overclocking. I thought about the 2405S but it seems too much and I already have a matx with the 2500k.

The 2125 is a bit faster but more expensive. Will heat be an issue with this CPU or the 2105? How much heat do 3.5" drives put out over 2.5"?

If I want to use this motherboard but with the Ivy Bridge core i3 how would I update the bios? (Any release date announced for the new core i3s?)

Thanks

I would look into grabbing a smaller psu (sfx)... I don't think you need 550W, and a bigger PSU won't be so great on your temps either.

use a sfx powersupply and the 2.5 drives will be cooler. i had a pair of 1 tb samsung 2.5 drives in a pcq07 it worked very well for me

Jen

Thanks but already have the PSU. I know 550watts is overkill.

Will the 2500k with stock cooler put out too much heart? I rather have a quad core than dual core.

Back