LIAN LI PC-K62R1, Red version

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
Looks pretty slick. Glad I held off on getting a regular K62 as this will look very nice with my PC Power and Cooling 750 Quad. Lian Li is just rolling out the awesome 'budget' cases lately.

Are you grabbing this?

If so. could you please comment on the build quality after receiving it? Thanks. :)

For a buck 20, that's a pretty sweet case. That's going to be tough to compete with at the price.

Here's the "Dragon Load" site. :D
lolax0.gif

k6227.jpg

pck62r1main2.jpg

Last edited:
Lancool's site says it's a europe exclusive...

That may be the case (pun intended :p), but it sure is hell being sold at the 'Egg. Those red 750W PCP&C units would definitely look great in this enclosure.

Interesting that Lian Li is selling this case for only a ~$20-30 premium over the regular pc-k62. Hopefully that means they'll start to offer more red/blue/gold/etc cases w/o a huge price hike. I'd love to see something like an anodized blue pc-x2000f or pc-8fi w/o all the extra spider/dragon motif junk they tacked on to the pc-p80 etc. Just the standard chassis design w/ a color change please.

And lol at the "DragonLoad". One-liner potshots galore.

I am going to buy one but just blew my cash reserves on a new BBQ so it will be a few weeks. (Sigh) Food vs. Computer... Food vs. Computer.... :confused:

Anyway when I get it I will post about its build quality, though its pretty rare Lian Li drops the ball.

Buildwise, my guess is it'll be exactly the same as the k62. The only difference looks to be the red paint. At first I thought the red was anodized metal, but looking more closely, I'm pretty sure it's merely paint which accounts for the lower cost increase vs Lian Li's other cases sporting a color change. Looking at the anodized toolless clips, you can clearly see the difference from the chassis' paint.

Buildwise, my guess is it'll be exactly the same as the k62. The only difference looks to be the red paint. At first I thought the red was anodized metal, but looking more closely, I'm pretty sure it's merely paint which accounts for the lower cost increase vs Lian Li's other cases sporting a color change. Looking at the anodized toolless clips, you can clearly see the difference from the chassis' paint.

Absolutely. No way would I expect an anodized case for that price. And while it may not cost any more in materials to paint the case red inside instead of black, the fact that there will fewer models produced of any custom color makes the $20-30 dollars extra very reasonable.

Back