Lian Li PC-K58 $40 shipped.

Its a great case, I have the 62 which is identical except for more fans, painted interior, and side panel window. Of course if you dont have a side window you dont need a painted interior, and you can add the fans you want to the case. Top fans need rubber gromets to work properly but can be jury rigged in with zip ties, etc. Air flow is not bad at all, but not as good as some of the new case designs. I have two intake fans on the front of mine, one stock in the lower front, one in the lower 5.25 bays held in place with zip ties.

For 40 bucks you can't get a better case. I dont need one right now, but I may have to pull the trigger anyway. Thats stupid cheap for a product like this.

That was my thought as well. But for $40 I don't think you can expect high-quality aluminum.

Exactly. Lancool is the answer to people who like the design of Lian Li but are cheap bastards and wont be packing their cases around to lan parties. People like me! :p

I bought this for a build. It was not that great...but for $40, i'd buy it again.

Peopl still have Lan Parties? There seems to be a great lack of games that even support Lan anymore.

Redgardless. I like this case a lot, mainly because of the simple design. Love it. My only real dislike is the top and front are plastic coverings. Makes it feel a bit weak.

Peopl still have Lan Parties? There seems to be a great lack of games that even support Lan anymore.

Redgardless. I like this case a lot, mainly because of the simple design. Love it. My only real dislike is the top and front are plastic coverings. Makes it feel a bit weak.

Well for the most part, LAN parties exist, and games that don't support it, but do the obvious online play, people still get together for that.

Well for the most part, LAN parties exist, and games that don't support it, but do the obvious online play, people still get together for that.

People Stilllllll play Counter-Strike. *Enemy Spotted*, *You take the point* haha

I can't speak for everyone/everywhere but the frequency of LANs have gone downhill in a major way in recent years. I used to do a LAN a month or more, and now I haven't been to one in at least two years. Games not supporting LAN play is a big part of this. The only solution now is to have a location with a connection beefy enough to support everyone online gaming at once.

I dont think this will have any bearing on whether you like this case. However, it can be modded and painted in pastel colors if that will help. For only 40 bucks you have money left over for a rattle can of lavender krylon.

edit: seriously, the only reason I havn't bought one of these on this sale is the lack of USB 3 ports.

Over the past 15 years I've gone through like 8 computer cases. Last year I finally put out the cash for a Lian Li case and I'm finally totally satisfied with it, I don't ever see a reason to upgrade out of this case. If I had purchased this case 15 years ago I could have saved myself a nice chunk of cash, thats for sure.

I'm just saying its not always a bad thing to pay for quality.

I can't speak for everyone/everywhere but the frequency of LANs have gone downhill in a major way in recent years. I used to do a LAN a month or more, and now I haven't been to one in at least two years. Games not supporting LAN play is a big part of this. The only solution now is to have a location with a connection beefy enough to support everyone online gaming at once.

Well how old are you?

I still go have a big LAN I go to twice a year (PDXLAN), but the little LAN's I used to go to or host every month have changed a lot as the years have gone by. That and I just don't enjoy a lot of new games these days.

Well how old are you?

I still go have a big LAN I go to twice a year (PDXLAN), but the little LAN's I used to go to or host every month have changed a lot as the years have gone by. That and I just don't enjoy a lot of new games these days.

I guess there are always the huge events, but I used to attend ~50-60 person LANs that have pretty much disappeared. Used to do smaller ones, but yeah...everyone kinda moved away over time.

I must be out of the loop... I've always known Lian-Li to be clean, sleek, brushed aluminum cases. This ain't that...

Back