LIAN LI PC-A17B now available

Please post some pics of this thing fully loaded Wharf-Rat. Can't wait to see it, SUCH a classy case!

If by "classy" you mean boring black box, then yes, it is "classy". IMO.

How can you argue with sleek, smooth, wicked construction, good ventilation, audio-style feet, lack of a door, etc.

I don't like the ports on the top, nor the fan, but it's a gorgeous case in exactly every respect.

Sorry, that case is about as "classy" as a black brick. Its FUNCTIONAL, but far from classy. Its rectangular, square in every dimension.

And what does my current case have to do with anything? Its certainly more classy than that black brick, at least it has smoother front lines.

Classy means smoother front lines?
I have a PC-A16B, and when i bought this one a ran through a couple of stores to see what is available. Now the fun part: LOL at Soprano,Tsunami,Mambo. They cannot compare in any way to the look of a Lian Li.
Maybe if you are a kid and like shiny lights, shiny coatings and a crappy made transparent side panel then you will like the 3 TT's above and Aplus ElDiablo for example.

Sorry, that case is about as "classy" as a black brick. Its FUNCTIONAL, but far from classy. Its rectangular, square in every dimension.

And what does my current case have to do with anything? Its certainly more classy than that black brick, at least it has smoother front lines.

How does that saying about opinions go?

Anyway, I've always appreciated the style and class of the Lian-Li cases, not gaudy or over doing anything, there are a few that are red-headed step children, but all in all they maintain a very functional, very simple, and very tasteful design.

I do own 6 Lian-Li cases though, so I might be a bit jaded...
PC-82
PC-60
PC-65B
PC-V1200
PC-61
PC-A16B

Actually it looks really nice for the money. I'm just more accustomed to "Flashy" looking cases, but the Lian Li A17B has that professional look to it. I guess I’m just use to lower priced crazy looking “Gamer” cases.

It looks meh as far as Lian-Li cases go. If I was to see it in a store, I'd walk right past it. I dunno. Besides, I think Antec 900 looks better. More aggressive/rugged.

To each his own.

Well, there's lots of age and opinion differences here, which is good. Perhaps some can't afford, and or don't want to spend this much money on a case, that's fine too. But it's hard to comprehend how anyone would not think this case is damn near a work of art.

Maybe professional but functional would be a better description of it. I'm planning to light mine up like a kid, but have a rocker switch to shut the lights off when I'm in old man/professional mode. If you haven't seen the pics in this thread, it's worth a look.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1262561&page=2

As soon as this thing is available at performance pc's I'm having it modded. Can't afford to have my amateur skills mess up a case this sexy.

^ Yah, I don't build a dual video card rig to be SUBTLE... for me, a case without a window to show off the insides is a waste of what's inside the case... waste of work that went into tidy wiring etc etc.. Right now the Soprano is living its last days, I had to gut it out pretty bad (the USB port contraption was right in the middle of the top part of the case, and the protruding cables would not fit the Ultra X3 PSU)... so I'm getting a new case soon.

I am going to try to reuse my window from pc60b...from pictures, which is all I have at the moment, I believe it will fit. I will let you guys know.

^ Yah, I don't build a dual video card rig to be SUBTLE... for me, a case without a window to show off the insides is a waste of what's inside the case... waste of work that went into tidy wiring etc etc.. Right now the Soprano is living its last days, I had to gut it out pretty bad (the USB port contraption was right in the middle of the top part of the case, and the protruding cables would not fit the Ultra X3 PSU)... so I'm getting a new case soon.

Heh, I've always hated those USB/1394A/whatever expansion port slots. They make tidy wiring near impossible, and if you already have 4 to 6 USB ports available on the outside of the case why bother mucking around with it? Just never made any sense to me. Of course I hate having any wires hanging around that are only used when I need pictures from my camera or whatever. I keep all of those cables in a drawer for a reason.

As for the window, I've had windows and not had windows on cases, either one is fine by me. So long as what I put in the machine is proving its worth on the monitor, I'm happy. The tidy wiring is just something that I prefer, just knowing it's a mess inside my case bothers me, whether there is a window there or not.

Well, there's lots of age and opinion differences here, which is good. Perhaps some can't afford, and or don't want to spend this much money on a case, that's fine too. But it's hard to comprehend how anyone would not think this case is damn near a work of art.

Maybe professional but functional would be a better description of it. I'm planning to light mine up like a kid, but have a rocker switch to shut the lights off when I'm in old man/professional mode. If you haven't seen the pics in this thread, it's worth a look.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1262561&page=2

As soon as this thing is available at performance pc's I'm having it modded. Can't afford to have my amateur skills mess up a case this sexy.

when do you think performance pcs going to start selling them???

when do you think performance pcs going to start selling them???

I sent them an e-mail asking when they thought they would start selling/modding these and here's the response I got:

OK we don’t have this yet but will check on it.

Best Regards,
PPCS Sales

He hasn't emailed me again, so I'm assuming he will when he knows a date.

Here's my opinion: They have a customer wanting to buy one right now, I'd suggest them ordering one from somebody who has them, add the cost of the case and the mods I want together, and give me a total.

Left me thinking.....WTF? Guess they must be really busy right now.

Wow, this really makes me re-think the credibility of Performance-PC's. I still have not received a response, yet the PC-A17B is now available for sale on their site.

I offered to buy this case the moment it was available, yet no answer from these guys. Hopefully they have someone that roams this site, if not I guess I'll buy it elsewhere. Maybe the guy that e-mailed me was from Dell's customer support? hah, ok.

Back