Lian Li PC-A17 Aluminum Mid-Tower Chassis

Wow, that is the absolute best mounting of a rad and hd's I've ever seen. Be sure to look at the full thread if you guys are using his link. I will most definitely be doing this on one of my next builds. I'm all about clean interiors, and this completely eliminates hard drive clutter! All this in a stylish, non-bulky, mid-tower case!!

I got rid of the water cooling... too much hassle for such a minimal performance gain. I removed the drive bay fan and mounted the HDDs backwards. Here is what the case looks like now:

DSC00198.jpg

If there's enough slack, please route those video card power cables through the hole parallel to the card on the MB. (The one with the 4 beige wires in it already) Man that case is sweet, nice job. Can't wait to see lots more pics of this case fully loaded.

If there's enough slack, please route those video card power cables through the hole parallel to the card on the MB. (The one with the 4 beige wires in it already) Man that case is sweet, nice job. Can't wait to see lots more pics of this case fully loaded.

Unfortunately, the cables are too short to do that.

can anyone list exactly how much these cases weight empty? cant find that info anywhere

Questions to owners of this case :
1) how noisy is the 14cm fan on top of case ? Getting better 14cm fan seems problematic here in Slovakia.
2) how it handles disk vibrations compared to other cases (for example to PC-A09, which didn't handled disk vibrations very well). If i would buy this case, then those disks will be in a hotswap SATA rack, and 4 disks make lot of vibrations.
3) how much noise escapes through front ? All noise sources in this case will be : 12cm fans in front (if needed) and back (Nexus & Noctua), Seasonic SS-500ET PSU, maybe the SATA rack fan. No fan on CPU cooler (passive Ninja).

Back