Lian Li PC-A03

'99

Weaksauce
pc-a03-04s.jpg
pc-a03-01s.jpg

I don't know if this case is out yet... But does anybody have an idea if it will fit a Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120?
Would like to get rid of my NZXT Rouge.

Since it's not out, how would anyone know ...?

Dimensions 188mm x 368mm x447mm (W,H,D)

Speculate away

Ok... I thought it might be out, but not avalible here in Denmark. That's why I asked :)
I'm so tired of my NZXT Rouge, maybe the worst case I ever bought. And figured that the PC-A06 might be a better solution, also for future watercooling.

TRUE = 160mm
Width = 188mm
-------------
Room = 28mm

Width of side panel = ~2-3mm
2 side panels = 4-6mm
-------------
Room = 28mm - 6mm (worst case scenario) = 22mm

Width of motherboard backplate and top of CPU = <22mm
-------------
Conclusion: Most probably fit.

Well... to start with.. when I saw the Rouge in this forum, I just knew that I had to get it. The pictures.. made it look fantastic, no doubt. I even had to get it from Germany, since it was'nt avalible in Denmark.
So why og what is it that I dislike?

Mainly the poor build quality, how things fit together. At first I thougt the door looked cool... But now.. I've removed it, could'nt see the idea in having it... all in all many small things, that made me annoyed not going for the Lian Li V350

Are these available yet? It seems to me this might be one of the roomiest mATX cases out there, with the capability of using a large heatsink. Better than the cube designs, hm? I'm considering going with a v351, or moving up to a full PC-7FWB, but this looks like a great compromise in terms of room, between the two. Right now I'm trying to see which would provide a better, easier to work in, cooler case, especially with a Thermalright AXP-140, or Scythe Mini Ninja.

Edit: Found a post on Lian Li forums that it won't be available until April?

I looked at this case before purchasing the v350, but it is IMO barely smaller than the A05.

Dimensions:
A05: 210mm x 381mm x 490mm (W,H,D)
A03: 188mm x 368mm x 447mm (W,H,D)

I wouldn't say its barely smaller! They will look much different on the table side by side. The A05 is too fat and too deep for my taste. What mods would you guys do to this case??

PC-A03

I looked at this case before purchasing the v350, but it is IMO barely smaller than the A05.

Dimensions:
A05: 210mm x 381mm x 490mm (W,H,D)
A03: 188mm x 368mm x 447mm (W,H,D)

Seriously. About 3 inches in length, 1.5 in height, and 1.5 in width. Just get an A05N.

I have the case, and my Scythe Mugen fits....and it is 160mm high. But i would not go any higher then that. If i push on the door it touches the cooler. I would love to put a TrueBlack in but.....dont think it will fit.

What system are you running to go along with that, There are differences in the height of the cpu off the motherboard, amd systems run a few mm taller off the socket than the i7 or core2 systems do.

And is it the mugen1, or mugen2?

The mugen is 160, the mugen 2 is 158. I realize that isn't much difference but it could be the difference of a sidepanel rubbing on the cooler, and clearing it completely.

Back