Lian Li PC-7HX Mid-Tower

A week after I wrote this, this Lian Li comes out. This case basically has all of the features that I mentioned in that post. Not to mention removable top covers.

Thanks for the heads up WorldExclusive. I finally have a Lian Li in my case list after all these months.

A week after I wrote this, this Lian Li comes out. This case basically has all of the features that I mentioned in that post. Not to mention removable top covers.

Thanks for the heads up WorldExclusive. I finally have a Lian Li in my case list after all these months.

NP. This is a great case for those who want the quality of a aluminum case for <$120.

LL has released a few winners over the past few months. All affordable cases in their price bracket.
Of course the X/V-Series cases remain premium priced.

indeed great case, not much of bullshit just what you need and what you can use.

Oh man, I would love to trade in my 9F for this. As much as I love bare Al, that black finish on the interior is just too sexy to resist.

JyfIH.jpg

That is not at all similar to the Antec 900. It's a better layout than the 900 for sure.

Dammit so much. I just put together a system using the PC-9F, even going so far as to replace the stock HD drive cage with a shorter one so as to reduce airflow impedance. And now they go and release a unit that remedies this issue, plus offering larger intake fans. The only thing I don't like about this case is the side fan.

Also trying to figure out what's up with this thing for the top fans. Maybe to add additional space for water cooling radiators? Too bad it uglies up the case.

Oh man, I would love to trade in my 9F for this. As much as I love bare Al, that black finish on the interior is just too sexy to resist.

The all-black is nice, though I'd even be happy with the bare-inside PC-7HB. Newegg doesn't appear to stock it yet.

This is the case I knew Li Li could build. Sexy and classy, old school li li.

Can the front 140mm fans be replaced with 120mm fans? I would like to reuse my GT-14 fans is possible.

Stumbled upon this on Lian Li's site when actually looking for mITX cases last week... seems fantastic and at a great price point to boot. Not a fan of side panel fans/mounts but it could be overlooked.

The top panel looks like crap. Seems like every Lian Li case I come across, which there are a ton, they do some weird crap to them that I don't like.

The top panel looks like crap. Seems like every Lian Li case I come across, which there are a ton, they do some weird crap to them that I don't like.

What exactly is bothering you? I can understand the flap covering I/O ports looking a bit tacky, but it's solid and made from aluminium. Same goes for the fan cutouts-the case comes with solid aluminum panels to fill them, along with mesh grilles if you wish to install fans in those positions. Seems like a much cleaner solution versus simply making the entire top panel mesh, which is what most case manufacturers seem to do these days.

I wonder if its possible to cram a 280mm rad in the front. It doesn't look like there would be enough room for the tank. I'm sure that a normal 240 will fit. I'm just not sure where I would cram the reservoir. I like a nice tube res.

Sigh.. still $119.99 + 34.49 shipping on the Canadian site. The wait continues!

I just got my case. Holy shit this thing is light. I've never had such a light case. The thing seems solid. I'm not sure when I'll actually get around to using it but I do have some plans for this case. I did notice a couple of small quirks though. The main one is that while you can remove the HDD cage you can't remove the stand that it sits on which sticks up about a half inch off of the floor. There is also a little arm that to bolts to that sticks off of the motherboard tray. Those parts are riveted to the case.

One other thing that I noticed is that the grommets are too small to use with 1/2"x3/4" tubing so I would have to swap those out.

It would also take a little modding to mount a 240mm rad in the front. I'm trying to find the easiest way. I'm thinking that it'll probably be with a koolance 140 to 120mm bracket. I'm still up in the air about that part.

Back