Lian Li or Antec

Paithar

[H]ard|Gawd
I know that this is mainly a matter of opinion but I am interested in what your opinions are on this subject. In your opinion which is the better case for modding and/or gaming purposes, the Lian Li's or the Antec's? Also, which models do you like best?

The reason I ask is because I am in the middle of doing an upgrade to my main system that just happens to be basically a whole new pc. That is except for the hard drives and the case. After talking to my wife she says that she's all for getting a new case if I think I need one. Well, of course my answer to that is a resounding yes. I'm mainly a gamer but I do like to do some well looking but (as most of you would probably say) boring mods. Things like adding my custom cut window and sleeving the cables and some lighting. I also, however, like to be able to have good airflow and the option of having more than a couple of fans so that I can help keep my new pc parts somewhat cool. I haven't jumped into the water cooling scene yet so room for that kind of equipment isn't what I'm looking for in a case.

I am only looking to spend about $130 or so. I might be able to go a bit more but it would have to be a really good case. So hit me with your opinions!

Thanks,
Paithar

i went through about 3 cases already and finally settled on a Lian-Li PC-65 and am damn happy with it. Won't be changing cases for awhile. Can't go wrong with either brand, but aluminum is definately the yumness.

Lian Li is what I really really want. i am going to save for one , and build my Dream Machine some day soon. I usually Buy Antec cases for Builds that i do for people. They are the best bang for the buck, IMO, but Lian Li is what I want for myself :(

IMO no other case manufacturer can hold a candle to Lian-Li.

They are the ONLY case manufacturer that hasn't totally turned their cases into big heaping piles of rice.

Antec all the way for me, i've loved all the cases i've had from them and my new love, the P180 is the supremeness of computer cases

p18045ng.jpg

Both have good quality cases. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the two brands. I've never owned an Antec before but I've heard good things about them. I do however own a PC-7B Plus and I'm loving it. It's a great quality case and not terribly expensive. It's $110 at coolerguys.com. It doesn't have a removable mobo tray but I don't switch out or work often enough on the pc to justify needing one. It has 120mm intake and 120mm exhaust. It also has an 80mm blowhole if you want to add an extra fan.

i have used both brands several times and like them both very much. great quality, construction and features. i think most importantly, pick one that will hold up to your needs, and looks good to you, since you will be the one looking at it everyday.

j-rock said:
IMO no other case manufacturer can hold a candle to Lian-Li.

They are the ONLY case manufacturer that hasn't totally turned their cases into big heaping piles of rice.

not really, Coolermaster makes some of the best cases out. but LL cases are nice, between LL and antec i would go LL

][V][AGIC said:
not really, Coolermaster makes some of the best cases out. but LL cases are nice, between LL and antec i would go LL

The CM Stacker, is heavy as hell. But otherwise its one of the best quality cases and its by far the easiest case to work with. If you are constantly changing hardware, that case makes it really easy.

][V][AGIC said:

I just recently bought a Coolermaster black Praetorian for my new computer, and it's probably the best case I've owned. My old case is an Antec mid-tower something or other, and it isn't even near the quality of the Praetorian. But, in this guys case I'd say go with the Lian Li.

I currently own a Antec SuperLanboy and I am very happy with it. It's quiet, nice, very light for travel :)

My friend has a lian-li and i like it a lot. I was going to get a lian-li but it was over $100 and the SuperLanboy was on sale at compusa for $40 at the time so I had to grab it.

If money isn't an issue i think i would go with lian-li.

Both awsome, though I'd prefer Antec simply because I'm a cheap bastard. ;) I have an Antec Super Lanboy over here, if you were curious. Super Lanboy is great because it's small, only three 5.25 bays on it. It also has a little tool thing inside. But be warned, the case comes with 2 120mm fans, but only one has blue LED's.

looks like i get to be the oddball around here and say that the plain oldschool cases are the best as far as modding goes and have the potential for the best airflow as well. because most of the older cases don't have any side fans you have an open template to put them where you want without anything getting in your way, you can make sure your side fans are blowing directly on the components that need it (ie cpu and gpu) which will dramaticly improve cooling and while you're doing all the cutting and stuff you don't need to worry about scraching the biege paint that you're gonna paint over anyway. and as far as cool features like removable mobo tray and hard drive rack the old cases had those too you just need to find them. IMO the only drawback to older cases is that the steel is heavier and harder to cut than the aluminum.

but if you don't want to do all the work yourself and want to buy a premodded one then i sudgest figure out what features you want/don't want (ie removable mobo tray, front door, position of power buttons, number of drive bays, ps rating if included) then find the case that meets the criteria, brand name isn't good for anything cept bragging rights which a case you mod yourself has more of.

Back