Lian Li ODYSSEY X

NightReaver

2[H]4U
Hey there, so I'm planning to do an MC run to replace my 5600X and I was looking at what they had for 480mm rad support. Only 2 options, and one of them is the aforementioned case, new, for only $105 which seems like a really nice deal for such a large aluminum case despite what issues I could find with it online.

What do you guys think? It's not my ideal case atm, but it's pretty cheap which helps it go along with the AM5 combo I was going to grab. Any other 480mm rad options around $100-$200 worth mentioning? Thanks!

Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2. I would also say the Enthoo 719, but the price has gone up over $200 since I bought mine a few years ago.

Not really. It's essentially the same base chassis with a different front end. There's a lot of gap around the front panel of my 719 for my 420 AIO to work well. The 719 comes with more luxury features, like the extra window on the back, RGB strip, and several accessories for using the bottom area that are shown in the product images for both cases are actually included in the 719 but not the Pro 2 (they can all be bought separately, of course). Kinda depends on what you want to do with it.

Definitely a solid case to work in, plenty of space around back for cable management and routing. Grommets everywhere.

Kinda depends on what you want to do with it.
Nothing fancy. Only thing in my build that really demands space is the rad. 54mm overall thickness with another 50mm o so of fans setup in push/pull. I'm assuming there's plenty of room for that in the front?

The Pro 2 will do you solid, then. Massive amounts of space in the front. I just have a push setup, but there's a good 100 mm between the back of my rad and the start of the side PSU shroud, and that still wouldn't touch my insanely long 4090. You can also side mount the radiator on the right side if you want more space.

Phanteks Eclipse G500A got one sitting here waiting for build. Putting 480 in front was surprised a 480 XT45 can do push pull in this case but disappointed the top is limited to 30mm thick rads. Still a fantastic case for watercooling and cable management. Bottom Line $130 usd and comes with 3x 140mm rad ready A-RGB fans.

So I ended up going with something else, if only because Amazon was being slow with the Enthoo Pro 2 case and I wanted something same day as grabbing a 7900x combo from MC. Sadly MC barely carries any 480mm cases, they also had a TT Core P8 but I wasn't a fan of it. Lucked out on FB marketplace and found someone with a new in box Corsair 7000D and could meet me at MC. Got it for $200 cash.

Seems like a fine case so far. Haven't mounted any watercooling stuff yet because I'm waiting on a dual D5 pump top since all these new cases eliminated 5.25" bays and I can't use my bay mounted pump/res.

Glad you got it sorted and yeah I miss drive bays too. Sad to see my Monsoon Dual bay d5 go to the dust collecting bin.

Back