Lian Li Made A Yacht Shaped Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not sure what it is with Lian Li lately, but they sure do like making strange cases now. First it was the case shaped like a spider, then a train, a desk and now this case shaped like a luxury yacht.

For some reason I think Kim Dotcom would have loved to have one of these on his yacht.

Lian Li.. Oh you!

Oh-You-GIF-5.gif

I'm waiting for Lian Li to make a giant C**K shaped case. I'd buy that just for the shock value.

I'm waiting for Lian Li to make a giant C**K shaped case. I'd buy that just for the shock value.

Isn't a yacht a phallic shaped object? Isn't that the whole point of a yacht-to show the world how big a johnson you have?

Interesting to see these sort of artistic designs, although not my taste.

I don't have a case like this and probably won't get one, but I think this is actually a really interesting approach to computer enclosures. It's drawing off of a trend. Concealing computers as art makes sense to me. Most people don't really care for a computer being in the way, but don't mind art pieces. Saw something similar with an imperial cruiser. It just looks cool.

Too bad cases like these goes out of the normal (or heavy) gamer budget. :mad:

Case looks very nice.

Does it float? Would be particularly awesome if you could mount a MCP655 in it that both cooled and propelled your PC around a pool or something.

I understand electricity + water is generally a bad idea, but it's really just a matter of adequate sealing.

Does it float? Would be particularly awesome if you could mount a MCP655 in it that both cooled and propelled your PC around a pool or something.

I understand electricity + water is generally a bad idea, but it's really just a matter of adequate sealing.

LOL...that critter would get going FAST.

A 655 moves move gallon per minute through it and has a crapload of head pressure.

All I can think of when I look at this is "How fucking stupid and self-indulgent!"

I only buy Lian Li cases, but ya. They do make some strange cases sometimes. I'm surprised the snail case wasn't mentioned.

2011-05-10-image-1.jpg

I don't have a case like this and probably won't get one, but I think this is actually a really interesting approach to computer enclosures. It's drawing off of a trend. Concealing computers as art makes sense to me. Most people don't really care for a computer being in the way, but don't mind art pieces. Saw something similar with an imperial cruiser. It just looks cool.

lian-li.jpg

Toot toot. All aboard the Fugly Express!

^^ now I feel like an asshole :D

No offense intended to you.

Just, I don't get the thought process of someone who sits down to design a commodity case and goes "Let's make it a YACHT!"

I probably just don't have the appropriate form and amount of brain damage...

Could I see this as a custom one-off case by someone? Sure. But as an off-the-shelf case? It makes me wonder what their designer was smoking and wondering how to shoot his supplier so he never gets that goofy shit again...

As far as custom cases I've never been too much into them but now I'm going to take on a Terraia server project. This is my Son's favorite game. I thought it would be cool to build a wooden case that kinda resembled a treasure chest with some carving of thingies from the game.

It would run Linux and and be up 24/7 to host his worlds. I've seen plenty of hand made wooden computer cases before but the only thing that concerns me is a computer case is suppose to offer some RF shielding. A computer actually generates a lot of RF noise. I guess I could line the interior with aluminum duct tape or something.

As far as custom cases I've never been too much into them but now I'm going to take on a Terraia server project. This is my Son's favorite game. I thought it would be cool to build a wooden case that kinda resembled a treasure chest with some carving of thingies from the game.

It would run Linux and and be up 24/7 to host his worlds. I've seen plenty of hand made wooden computer cases before but the only thing that concerns me is a computer case is suppose to offer some RF shielding. A computer actually generates a lot of RF noise. I guess I could line the interior with aluminum duct tape or something.

Or just line the inside of the chest enclosure itself with aluminum foil on all sides.

No offense intended to you.

Just, I don't get the thought process of someone who sits down to design a commodity case and goes "Let's make it a YACHT!"

I probably just don't have the appropriate form and amount of brain damage...

Could I see this as a custom one-off case by someone? Sure. But as an off-the-shelf case? It makes me wonder what their designer was smoking and wondering how to shoot his supplier so he never gets that goofy shit again...

It's probably just something they threw on the worldwide market, even though they were really only targeting one specific market. My guess, it was built/designed for the Taiwanese market. *shrugs*

Back