Lian-Li m-atx case Cebit

different design

wait till it comes out, depending on the price i might replace my 1 month old qpack :D

OMG, I'm glad they are making an effort for this. This makes me pretty happy, I love Lian-Li's, and I hope this is a good case. I just may have to pick this up. Very Odd Design. Hopefully the Li-Li Engineer's know what they're doing.

DAMN, that is sweet

from the looks of it i think that floppy bay might get in the way of longer vid cards, ie. 7900GTX.

Finally. I have been waiting for a case like this for a long time. Looks like it has great airflow. My only question now is when and where can I get one?

80mm fronts ----> 60mm fans rear... Sounds like a receipe for noise disaster!

Still think the X-QPack is the best SFF design for airflow and component placement

Front looks terrible, it's no doubt going to be overpriced, CD-ROM is sideways, CD-ROM will block any high end video card, PSU will block any high end heatsink and the 60mm fans will probably be noisy, especially with all of those holes to let the noise out the front! The only thing it has going for it is a pullout mobo tray and decent airflow if you were planning on running stock or with a Zalman.

Lian Li was popularized because they were the first to come out with overpriced aluminum cases - boxey ones at that. Expensive does not automatically equal great. Don't let other people make your decisions for you.

Jen makes better cases and she does not have a production line on her side!

sleepeeg3 said:
Front looks terrible, it's no doubt going to be overpriced, CD-ROM is sideways, CD-ROM will block any high end video card, PSU will block any high end heatsink and the 60mm fans will probably be noisy, especially with all of those holes to let the noise out the front! The only thing it has going for it is a pullout mobo tray and decent airflow if you were planning on running stock or with a Zalman.

Lian Li was popularized because they were the first to come out with overpriced aluminum cases - boxey ones at that. Expensive does not automatically equal great. Don't let other people make your decisions for you.

Jen makes better cases and she does not have a production line on her side!
AMEN!

That's two times today I've started a post like that. I think I'm getting too religious...

Anyhow, that case's back half has potential. The front looks like a wreck.

This case is going to be modded. You don't buy a lianli, and just leave it there, you cut the shit out of it, and make it how you want it.

Man, that front is just waiting to have radiators installed. God that looks so good for watercooling.

Guess it's time to sell my SG-01! lol

looks like it can't fit a longer graphics card as is the case with most mATX cases except for x-qpack and a few others

Thanks for the pics. I don't think it is that ugly. Actually the silver looks nice. I will definitely be buying one. I am concerned about my 7800gt being able to fit, but I am confident that a little dremel work will make it! I am also glad to see there is a fan on the side for the processor. This thing will definitely be a cool running rig.

Looking forward to buying this bad boy ASAP!

Hmm I have been saving up for some comp upgrades, and this may be it. Paired w/ a Biostar Tforce 610 it will seem nice. Hopefully Lian-Li decides to price theirs in competition w/ Aspire and blows the SG01's price out of the water. (Doubtful)

If they were $99 I'd buy 12, seriously. I'm looking for a professional looking mATX case for our office PC's.

Why are people always so willing to jump on the Lain Li train? This is one of the most retarded SFF cases I have seen in a while. 80 and 60mm fans? Gimme a break, not only do they barely push air, they are loud. Sideways optical drives? Fugly and impractical, there is a reason 99.99% of computers have them in the front. the PSU placement sucks, it's right above where the cpu goes. Looks like there is gonna be problems fitting any type of decent video card too. The black one's face is dumb, you can see right through to all of the ugly caging and fan bays. Cable management will prove to be very difficult in this case. Looks like I will be sticking with the q-pack for my next (and 1st) SFF build...

I think the silver one looks quite nice from the front + top. Black one looks ugly because the silver drive cages show through the front mesh.

I don't like the sideways drive placement at all, I prefer my Qpack set far back on my desk so the noise is further away and the space to either side of my PC is free for other things. With the Lian Li that would make the drive bay impossible to reach. Also 3x 80mm fans (there is one on the side panel by the CPU) and twin 60mm exaust fans will make alot of noise (the 60mms in particular) and poor exaust.

I have mixed feelings about the PSU placement. The obvious downside is that it prevents you have a 120mm exaust like the Qpack. The plus side is you can have video cards with heatsinks that extend above the card. Also the lack of a cross bar above the CPU allows for taller heatsinks than the Qpack (looks around 120mm clearance, compared to 85mm in the Qpack)

From the pics it looks like the top panel isn't removeable, which will make it alot harder to see what you are doing when working on the case. Also looks like you have to remove a panel at the rear of the case to slide the HDD cage out ^_^.

Not sure wether the video card lenght is limted like others suggested. If the floppy drive was placed on the right side of the case, the drive itself will not be in front of the video card slot, only the the cage, so there could be a gap in the cage in line with the video card.

I don't see where they went with 60mm rear fans. Looking at the pics of the PSU placement it looks like there is easily a 20mm gap above the PSU, why not mount the PSU 20mm higher and at least have 80mm exaust fans?

Lolento said:
looks like it can't fit a longer graphics card as is the case with most mATX cases except for x-qpack and a few others

i only have a x800gto on my qpack but really i cant see how long gfx cards can be a problem.. i mean theres a lot of extra lenght for a very long card to fit. in my case though (gigabyte ga-k8nmf-9), the back side of the card heatsink would possibly be blocked by the ram slots but thats the only problem i can imagine

the reason why it looks like it doesnt fit long cards is because the long ones are practically the length of the board, ~9.6 inches. And well, from the pictures, it looks like the floppy cage is invading the air space above the board. Quite frankly, if lianli just makes the cage flush to the front like the optical drives, instead of being centered, that they'd have a "winner".

Aesthetically though, the case fell off the ugly tree and hit about 50 ugly sticks on the way down.

Calpis said:
the reason why it looks like it doesnt fit long cards is because the long ones are practically the length of the board, ~9.6 inches. And well, from the pictures, it looks like the floppy cage is invading the air space above the board. Quite frankly, if lianli just makes the cage flush to the front like the optical drives, instead of being centered, that they'd have a "winner".

Aesthetically though, the case fell off the ugly tree and hit about 50 ugly sticks on the way down.

Wouldn't you think that, being a Lian-Li, the drive cage on the left side would be removable? I trust Lian-Li to make a case that can fit a high-end card in it.

And to me the case is no uglier than a Hornet or that little monstrosity AOpen just dropped on us.

Mac Truck said:
Wouldn't you think that, being a Lian-Li, the drive cage on the left side would be removable? I trust Lian-Li to make a case that can fit a high-end card in it.

And to me the case is no uglier than a Hornet or that little monstrosity AOpen just dropped on us.
Well noobie, pray that you're not disappointed. Good thinking, not dissing the XPack. ;)

M4rk said:
Well noobie, pray that you're not disappointed. Good thinking, not dissing the XPack. ;)

Granted, even the XPack looks like a second-rate case compared to the looks of the Sugo ;)

ToastMaster said:
Granted, even the XPack looks like a second-rate case compared to the looks of the Sugo ;)
Looks are not everything, mind you.

yeah, the qpack has the better design..they just need to clean it up a to make it not look like ass.

Oh, and i actually don't mind the Lian-Li design. I think in some ways, it's rather nice.

The black-colored case however, does have that annoying silver inner region that is visible. However, black paint fixes that. :)

I don't know....I think it's ugly IMHO. Why are the drive bays in the top corner? I need symmetry in my cases.....

Id stick with my QPACK over that thing. It does have issues of its own, but it looks like you would need a miracle to get a near-silent setup in that rig.

M4rk said:
Looks are not everything, mind you.

My Sugo is running fine on a bip2, d5, and apogee... :)

Plannin on adding a second loop with another d5 by the end of summer. I think the SG might have the qpack beat when it comes to potential.

jebo_4jc said:
I don't know....I think it's ugly IMHO. Why are the drive bays in the top corner? I need symmetry in my cases.....

the reason for having a cd rom drive in front is obvious...so you don't have to have 6" of space on either side of your case or so you don;'t have to reach around just to play BF2. A dumb idea IMO and I think the case is ugly and not very innovative...the Qmicra seems to be the most promising of the 3 upcoming cases.

I have to agree with Steve. So far out of the Evercool, the Lian-Li and the Qmicra I would rank them as follows:

1. Qmicra
2. Evercool
3. Lian-Li

the Qmicra seems to be very well thought out and I love that they use a Bulgin Vandal Switch for the power button.I modded my qpack with the same switch. It seems that they are using very high quality parts all around on the case. I know it won't be cheap, but i hope it will be worth it.

Component layout is terrible in comparison to the qpack, and the qpack isn't THAT great.

Back