Lian-li liquid cooled Sandy build.

infin@

Gawd
Suggestions and comments pls. Looking for ideas for next revision.
Been rocking the same case for 3 years, on my forth build. Prior to my v2000b+ I had a v1200b, it was great just a little cramped. I loved the layout of the v1200 but I needed more room for hard drives and wire management, so i moved on to its bigger bro. Only case that tickles me to upgrade atm is the TJ11, and cases similar with the MB positioned in the same fashion. I have put so much time into this current case that I doubt I will change it up anytime soon.
Here's my highly modded v2000b+. Enjoy.
My rig at a local LAN in Edmonton, Fragapalooza 2011
leduc2011080500105.jpg

Old Setup. New goodies.
edmonton2011062900091.jpg

Current Build. Sorry for the image quality btw. I realize my case is not original, but like many who frequent this forum, I was inspired to build a computer that resembled many of computers on display in [H]. Utilizing dual Swiftech MCP-355 pumps, for redundancy, monitoring their rpms in Asus' AI suite. Running an Intel 2600k @ 4.8ghz. Needed 1.385v to keep it stable. I was able to achieve a maximum overclock of 5ghz, however I needed 1.495v to stabilize it. Too high for me and my ancient Dtek cpu block. Its a D2 chip and I'm pretty sure the ceiling for this revision is around 4.8. At 5ghz my temps climbed to the mid 70s, and even though I was prime stable i was still experiencing random BSODs. At 4.8ghz with my customized Dtek mounting bracket my temps were a little high, even with dual pumps and a 120.3 Black Ice radiator. I have 3x120 Vantec Stealths (push) and 3xApevia (pull). High 60s under load, low 30s idle. FYI with the fans reversed my idle temps stay the same and my load temp drop 3-6 degrees.

I Have the air being dispersed like this...

I was worried about dust so I have the radiator fans push/pulling the air out of the case from the inside. I realize I would get better temps if I reversed the flow but the dust build up in the radiator would negate the benefit over time.
After seeing fellow Lian-li owners add some bling to their cases I decided to follow suit. Many hours of wetsanding and polishing later I was left with a mirror finish.

More pics. I was inspired by kier's work with carbon fibre film so I picked up some 3M Di-Noc and went to work. Check out his work log if your haven't already.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1620762

Side panel off, hard drives are hanging only. Secured with rubber spacers so no chatter to be heard.

Sideshot #2

Wire mis-management.

How I wired up the Bulgin switches, time consuming but worth it.

Side panels on day and night with lighting themes. I will apologize in advance my camera is terrible in low light environments.
Blue (lower) and red (far left) vandal switches control power (blue) and reset (red). Latching switches to the right of Reset control cold cathode lighting. Each switch LED color matches the color of the cold cathode it operates. Green (SSD bay), white (HD/Rad), purple (whole case).

Lights off

Green SSD cold cathodes only.

White cold cathodes only.

UV

Everything

Thanks in advance.

I love my V2000 but recently have been getting the itch to move to something like the HAFX with superior fan setup. I wish the V2000 had something in the side panel like the 240mm fan in the HAFX. However, I've built a few setups in the 932 HAF and the build quality is nothing like ours. The V2000 is in a class of it's own... I haven't seen many people lately with the same case. I'm glad I found your thread... makes me proud to still be rocking the V2000 I just wish there were more of us out there.

Here's to an oldie but a goodie!
img005620copy.jpg

Back