Lian Li Lancool PC-K58W -- $65 Free Shipping, No MIR

Anyone have experience with this case?

I'm thinking of having my kid build his first computer. The price is right and looks easy to work with.

Anyone have experience with this case?

I'm thinking of having my kid build his first computer. The price is right and looks easy to work with.

My buddy has it and I wasn't impressed. The tooless design works but it feels flimsy and loose to me.

Interesting, not what I would expect from a Lian Li case, also it's not aluminum as most Lian lis are?

Last edited:
Cool. But it is what it is: a inexpensive entry level case. Relatively good looking in a simple homely way :) Good deal.

The people bitching about this case must have super expensive cases, because this is WAY better than just about any other case under 100 bux. Plus, the airflow situation in that case is pretty awesome. I sport an 800D myself, and that K58W still seems like a mighty fine case to me.

Yes but if a 14 yr old is going to work with it will he end up breaking things that are flimsy?

Flimsy doesn't belong in the same sentence with Lian Li.

I have an older Lian Li aluminum case which is built like a tank.
Now it looks like they are building plastic less expensive cases so I'm not sure what the quality level is these days.

Yes but if a 14 yr old is going to work with it will he end up breaking things that are flimsy?
Nah, he won't break anything. If he can break something on the case, I'd be worried more about the hardware and maybe he should take up some other hobby :)

Kudos to getting another soul addicted to pc building!

I may pick one up.

Someone was mentioning the tooless design was flimsy and loose. This is what I was concerned about.

The people bitching about this case must have super expensive cases, because this is WAY better than just about any other case under 100 bux. Plus, the airflow situation in that case is pretty awesome. I sport an 800D myself, and that K58W still seems like a mighty fine case to me.

I have a cheap $50 case, personally I prefer tooled designs because more often then not cheap cases with tooless designs are flimsy and loose, its an ok case but its plastic and sheet metal with flimsy/loose tooless options. It's nothing all that special nor is all that bad, I would say its an average decent case.

I may pick one up.

Someone was mentioning the tooless design was flimsy and loose. This is what I was concerned about.

The toolless design is the same as on any other Lian Li case, so I'm sure it's reliable. (Then again, I've never had trouble with any toolless design on any case I've ever used.)

I got it a few weeks back for 54.99 shipped, came with some minor damage sent it back, agree with munkle's assessment of it.

I got it when it was 55 as well, and I personally like it a lot. It feels nice and solid imo, not something you want to throw around, but if you use a computer case... like you should, standing still, it works great.

Of course I got it because I like the simple design. The plastic/mesh is only for the top and from as well, everything else is steel.

A draw back to this case though is that it only comes with 2 fans, and has slots for 2 exhaust fans on top. I think I will see if I can mod the window and add a 200mm fan or something down the road.

Lack of painted interior is total dealbreaker for me. You could paint it yourself, but unless you can powder coat, it will not be as resilient.

Lack of painted interior is total dealbreaker for me. You could paint it yourself, but unless you can powder coat, it will not be as resilient.

A rattle can paint job won't be as durable as powdercoating, yes. But proper prep and paint application can yield some really great and relatively durable results! I don't know about you, but whether my case is powdercoated or spray painted, I always take care not to scratch anything when installing hardware. :)

Plus, unless you have a window, why does it matter? Except for posting ego-pictures here on the [H] of your e-peen. But regardless, I'm with you, every case mod I've ever don't I've painted or powdercoated the inside. :D

A rattle can paint job won't be as durable as powdercoating, yes. But proper prep and paint application can yield some really great and relatively durable results! I don't know about you, but whether my case is powdercoated or spray painted, I always take care not to scratch anything when installing hardware. :)

Plus, unless you have a window, why does it matter? Except for posting ego-pictures here on the [H] of your e-peen. But regardless, I'm with you, every case mod I've ever don't I've painted or powdercoated the inside. :D

....this has a window? ;) I hear you though. I've painted cases before. No home job can stand up to how much I change hardware though.

The case itself no, the tooless parts of it to me are, then again I prefer a tooled design.
the only thing I can guess you're talking about is the hard drive clips (which, now that I think about them, are a slight bit flimsy, but still fine IMO), the plastic chassis exterior (which is a durable plastic) and the PCI slot locks (which are made of metal, and the same ones Lian Li uses).

In general, if something on this case breaks due to being too flimsy, the user is doing it wrong. I've built, torn down, and rebuilt the rig on my K60 several times now and its holding up flawlessly. And I'm not a particularly careful person

Last edited:
Those people making assumptions about this case based on the appearance or material are entirely wrong. I have the windowless version of this case, and it is AWESOME. I'm very happy with it.

I switched to this case from a Lian-Li PC-A05B because I wanted more airflow. Although some of the parts on this case are plastic, they are very high quality and not flimsy in the least. I believe it is ABS plastic, which is very sturdy.

The "toolless" design is very sturdy and rattle-free. I would say the mounting system itself is way better than that of the A05B. The airflow is great.

I really like this case, and those of you calling it flimsy have painfully obviously not used one before. This case is just as sturdy as any other Lian Li case.

I worked with the windowless version as well. I screwed in the DVD drive. Otherwise the tool-less features were great. The front LEDs bled into each other so I constructed light guides for that problem. It had no filter on the bottom for the power supply intake. For a budget case design I was very pleased.

You CANNOT beat that case for that price!! I have the slightly more expensive, slightly upgraded model the K62. (which costs 99.99) The K58 at its core is fundamentally the same case. The K62 though does have all painted black interior, blue LED front intake fan and top 2 fans with blue LEDs, and I can't tell if that model has blue LED's on the top fans. Oh yeah the window on the K62 is a different cut.

So that case provides the same exact cooling/build quality as a more expensive Lian Li with only a few cosmetic differences. (And some people I could see not wanting blue LEDs in their system, or could give a rats a about the side panel or interior non painted color much)

Just so everyone knows the front fan and the power supply intake have dust filters on them which cuts down on 95-99% of all the intake dust into your system. Lian Li is all quality, gtfo haters who bought some overpriced Cooler Master or Antec, or sum ugly Raidmax, that doesn't even have any dust filters lmao!

Lian Li for 64.99? That is the best case build in it's price range (by far) I have ever seen. Especially if you want the highest quality build for the lowest system cost, then that's the one to get IMO.

Last edited:
Lian Li is all quality, gtfo haters who bought some overpriced Cooler Master or Antec, or sum ugly Raidmax, that doesn't even have any dust filters lmao!

shark_derp_durr_hurr.jpg

So you can't find another case that's better?

I rest my case :D derp derp :p STORM SNIPER lolz! 149 for that junk! jajaja

Heheh, I got it for 80. I'd never pay 150 for it, but it's a great case, and it certainly DOES have dust filters! You superderp!

edit: My wife uses the Storm Scout, got it for 50, also a great case. My next case will probably be Lian Li though because I really like the ones I've worked with, though they're not necessarily "better" than the Antec or Cooler Master ones I currently own. I just go with the best deal for the highest quality case that has the features I want when it comes to purchasing time.

. I just go with the best deal for the highest quality case that has the features I want when it comes to purchasing time.

Exactly. And I think the point that most of us who own these are trying to make, is that this case fits that description very well.

Exactly. And I think the point that most of us who own these are trying to make, is that this case fits that description very well.

And I'm not disagreeing. In fact, I'm in total agreement. This is a great deal on a great case. I was merely mocking his silly "derp gfto haters lol lmao" attempts to diss people who own other case brands. ;)

oh, and I noticed the shark picture while browsing this morning and almost died laughing. :eek:

IF you want a CHEAP well made case, stick with the Xigmatek cases, like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815008

Touche, but that thing would be a dust accumulator with that side panel with holes all in it :eek:

It also doesn't have the hard drive screwless sideways bays goin on. (Which is a pain in the a design when it comes to just one high end graphics card let alone 2, ah that would suck for graphics card installs!) Close, and 5 bucks less but nah, to many negatives on that one.

I have built in that K-58W before, and it's the bottom of the bucket as Lian-li is concerned. I was even unsure if it was a re-branded no-name case.

IF you want a CHEAP well made case, stick with the Xigmatek cases, like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815008

Wait... you are talking crap on the K58 and then throw a POS Xigmatech case in there? I have built two comps with them (one the exact model you referenced) and neither holds a candle to the K58.

So since this case only has 2 cooling fans would more fans need to be installed?

That Xigmatek looks nice too and even has the fan controller built in.

Wait... you are talking crap on the K58 and then throw a POS Xigmatech case in there? I have built two comps with them (one the exact model you referenced) and neither holds a candle to the K58.

Opinions are like aholes... everybody knows a few of them. :D

But I made a BIG mistake. Although that Ximatek case is great, I was really referring to this one actually. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146055

Best deal. $40 NZXT Beta Evo. Built a dozen machines in this case, and it's never disappointed me. Now sure, there are better cases out there- but for $40, you get a great deal.

tooless, esata front ports, great airflow, dust cover in the front, can mount a 240mm radiator, etc! Great bang-for buck!

So since this case only has 2 cooling fans would more fans need to be installed?

That Xigmatek looks nice too and even has the fan controller built in.

4 fans in the Lian Li stock.

There's an intake and exhaust case fans + 2 more fans on top/ceiling of the case if your referring to the Lian Li. So yeah 4 fans in the Lian Li stock. If your power supply has an intake fan on the bottom then there is a dust cover below it so it's covered, and won't end up covered in a snowy looking dust mound in a month or two ;)

Opinions are like aholes... everybody knows a few of them. :D

But I made a BIG mistake. Although that Ximatek case is great, I was really referring to this one actually. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146055

Best deal. $40 NZXT Beta Evo. Built a dozen machines in this case, and it's never disappointed me. Now sure, there are better cases out there- but for $40, you get a great deal.

tooless, esata front ports, great airflow, dust cover in the front, can mount a 240mm radiator, etc! Great bang-for buck!

Why not just carve out some aluminum cans and glue them together, that case is a joke?

ZERO dust filters with ZERO fans, hmm = ZERO cooling :D

PC GO BOOM ;) yippee!

TLDR:
Get a Lian Li, except no substitutes! :)

Back