Lian-Li Case Fans

matoch

Limp Gawd
I wasn't sure where to post this but I figured since it's a question about fans this could be the appropriate place.

I was wondering if anyone knows what db rating and CFM rating the standard case fans in a lian-li case are. I've tried googling for it but have come up empty so far.

I find my case loud but I might just be picky. I know the noise isn't coming from my HSF so it must be the case fans.

I want to try replacing them but I'd hate to end up with fans that are just as loud.

James

I replaced the top and rear 80mm on my PC65 with LED fans. I still got the two ADDA's up front. I've noticed too that their speed has little effect on Case or CPU temp. My Antec PSU compensates for any increase in temp by bumping up the fan speeds.

In my Lian Li PC70, the fans appear to be made by Adda. A bit of googling turned up http://www.addausa.com/specifications/ac_fans.pdf
I found mine were a bit noisy too, but I put them all at 7v last night, I'm getting the same temperatures but it's a lot quieter.
NOT JOKING
Re-opening this thread.

20 years My Lian Li PC-70USB has lasted.

RIP the First ADDA Fan Lian Li used is finally begining to die, the other fan is slowing down.

Used some oil and got them back up.

So oddly, after all this time..... If I want to FINALLY replace all 8 of these fans but limit the sound of the Case which fans give the best Cooling to Low sound profile as I believe these are all 80mm fans no?

Thoughts?

NOT JOKING
Re-opening this thread.

20 years My Lian Li PC-70USB has lasted.

RIP the First ADDA Fan Lian Li used is finally begining to die, the other fan is slowing down.

Used some oil and got them back up.

So oddly, after all this time..... If I want to FINALLY replace all 8 of these fans but limit the sound of the Case which fans give the best Cooling to Low sound profile as I believe these are all 80mm fans no?

Thoughts?
https://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Standard-Cooler-Configuration-Possible/dp/B00NTUJZ36?th=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
giphy.gif

giphy (1).gif

17 and 3/4ish years, jesus...
https://hardforum.com/threads/nooner.1169381/post-1044644086

Just having fun with everyone :) and for those that still have Lian Li cases and used ADDA fans its REMARKABLE that it lasted this many years.

TBQH I never expected my Lian Li case which I spent so much money on after mods in the early 200's to still be what I use today and so relevant in its own way.

I went ahead & purchased 6 of the Noctua A-8 80mm PWM fans. Now I won unknowingly won the Arise from the Dead Necro award. Those here since the beginning times can have some nostalgia. Win win for us all and hopefully there is Soup for us :).

I figure if I am going to actually replace 1 or 2 just replace all of the originals maybe my Noise "fan" machine will be quieter when all is said and done.

I think 20+ years for a solid Lian Li case with these Mods was the best investment I ever made :). Right Behind our missed HARDOCP.com News channel

Last edited:
Just having fun with everyone :)
TBQH I never expected my Lian Li case which I spent so much money on after mods in the early 200's to still be what I use today.
I went ahead and purcahsed 6 of the Noctua A-8 80mm PWM fans. I figure if I am going to actually replace 1 or 2 just replace all of the originals.

I think 20+ years a solid Lian Li case with these Mods was the best investment I ever made :).
I mean, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing what you did with a number of case options out there. I think many of us simply get tired of cases and change them every once in awhile. I know I do. Not only that but there have been advances in case design that make them easier to build in than the one you have. The Lian-Li cases of that era has awful motherboard tray standoffs and is horrendous for cable management. Not to mention, they aren't up to modern standards for airflow either. The drive cages aren't really necessary any more and are just in the way. Older cases are awful for liquid cooling as well and can't take advantage of things like distribution plates or larger radiators.

If your happy and it works for you, that's great. Cases are a fairly trivial expense compared to most everything else in the system. I tend to reuse mine for a couple of builds with the longest serving case of mine lasting five years. I simply changed it because I got bored and wanted to do something else.

I think I originally read this thread with Netscape Navigator. Nice necro.

If your happy and it works for you, that's great. Cases are a fairly trivial expense compared to most everything else in the system. I tend to reuse mine for a couple of builds with the longest serving case of mine lasting five years. I simply changed it because I got bored and wanted to do something else.
I still do this with my cases. I get bored as well and it's a relatively cheap way to go to give your system hardware new life.

Back