Lian-Li Back fan grill

Bad_Boy

2[H]4U
Anybody with a Lian-Li take off the back fan grill? I have a pc65b and the thing makes noise with the air hits it (it also blocks alot of useful air), what did you guys use to take it off? I think ill just use the dremel and just sand it off after, but im interested to see what you guys used. pics are welcome :p

thx in advanced.

I've got a PC65B and I took the grill of the back with my trusty Dremel. Used some cut-off wheels to cut it out, then sanding drums to sand down the rough edges. A Dremel on full speed cuts right through the aluminum used on cases. Be sure to wear EAR, BREATHING and most importantly EYE protection when using a Dremel. It's also a good idea to mask around where you're going to cut with duct tape, or heavy duty masking tape to avoid riuning something. I learned this through painful experience.

Thanks for the reply qdemn7, did you have the same problem with the back fan making sound and if so did it go away after cutting the grill?

thx again. safety first :cool:

Yes and yes. It also increased the airflow. I also cut out the FRONT fan grills too.

Back