Lian-Li ArmorSuit PC-P50 - $153.99 Pre-Shipping @ Mwave

Pretty hot case if you ask me, and everyone on the net has it for $189.99 + shipping, but

Mwave has it for $163.99 then add the $10 off coupon, and its $153.99 before shipping...

At Newegg my total including regular ground shipping is $209.98

At Mwave my total including regular ground shipping is $173.21

Difference of $36.77 YMMV though with shipping...

I think it's a great deal, and I'm in for one...it's cheaper shipped than Neweggs listing price heh :)

Quick edit too...Mwave has google and paypal instant checkout so not sure if there are any cashback or whatever for those 2...can't find mwave on bing though

Some money shots too :D

BA50004a.jpg

BA50004b.jpg

BA50004c.jpg

BA50004d.jpg

yhst-24067115789173_2058_141011009

Last edited:
I did the same t hing on the PC-A70B. Ran me $215 shipped, next cheapest was $230 + shipping it seemed.

Mwave has some good pricing on these cases right now.

Nice case, but I don't know if I'd get it to replace my Antec 900 Rev. 1; aluminum cases are just so loud :eek:.

Ummm. Loud?

Beg pardon. The only thing I can say to that would be, you have bad feet underneath the case. The material should matter zilch as far as noise goes, if everything is attached properly it really shouldn't matter.

That's surprisingly cheap. I was expecting $200+ on this particular model.

Looking at it, if you powered it up with an external power supply, would it hover?

It also looks like it would sound like a jet.

Has anyone built a hovercraft case yet?

There's only 1 fan up front, 2 140's on top, and 1 exhaust...

They're just showing you, you can move that HDD cage into different locations if you wanted.

Strange question on these cases:

On the 5.25" drive bays, are there 'ledges' for the drives to sit on or are the sides of it pretty flush? The reason I ask is because if I got this I would probably stick a couple RAID cages in there and you have to have flush sides (nothing sticking out on the inside) to put them in.

Strange question on these cases:

On the 5.25" drive bays, are there 'ledges' for the drives to sit on or are the sides of it pretty flush? The reason I ask is because if I got this I would probably stick a couple RAID cages in there and you have to have flush sides (nothing sticking out on the inside) to put them in.

It looks like only the top 2 are like that, the bottom 6 do not have those ledges.

the other thing is every 3 5.25" bays they stick a little divider, I had to remove them from my rocketfish, but it wasn't that bad.

Click ME!

The above is a really nice video of the case showing off all of the features, and I have to say I am even more impressed now. Check it out, it's worth the watch.

Ummm. Loud?

Beg pardon. The only thing I can say to that would be, you have bad feet underneath the case. The material should matter zilch as far as noise goes, if everything is attached properly it really shouldn't matter.

That's totally false. Aluminum sheet metal at the thickness used for some computer cases resonates a helluva lot more easily with typical fan and hard disk rotation speeds, and don't even think of putting a hard drive that's noisy when it thrashes in an aluminum case. The feet on the case only have to do with how well that resonance travels into whatever the case is standing on, but the walls of the case resonating will transfer sound directly into the air, as well. I'm not sure about Lian-Li, but the case I have is .8mm thick, and it's only quiet because the components are pretty quiet to start with. If I any of my fans running at full RPM you would hear the motor resonating the entire body of the case.

That's totally false. Aluminum sheet metal at the thickness used for some computer cases resonates a helluva lot more easily with typical fan and hard disk rotation speeds, and don't even think of putting a hard drive that's noisy when it thrashes in an aluminum case. The feet on the case only have to do with how well that resonance travels into whatever the case is standing on, but the walls of the case resonating will transfer sound directly into the air, as well. I'm not sure about Lian-Li, but the case I have is .8mm thick, and it's only quiet because the components are pretty quiet to start with. If I any of my fans running at full RPM you would hear the motor resonating the entire body of the case.

Note that this case(and most Lian Li cases) rubber mouts all the fans and hardrives.

Note that this case(and most Lian Li cases) rubber mouts all the fans and hardrives.

Ya, exactly...if you watch the video, they did a lot more than that too...some pretty impressive features, that I'm sorry to say, Antec can't touch. I have had a P182, 900, 1200, 300, and this will be my first Lian-Li...Out of the Antec's that I owned, the 300 is the best lol...

Ya, exactly...if you watch the video, they did a lot more than that too...some pretty impressive features, that I'm sorry to say, Antec can't touch. I have had a P182, 900, 1200, 300, and this will be my first Lian-Li...Out of the Antec's that I owned, the 300 is the best lol...

LOL, funny you say that about the Antec 300 as I have to agree... and I've had several (5+) Antec cases.

This Lian-Li looks very, very nice and all the added features really seen to enhance its ability to be a top performer case.

It looks like all manufacturers are trying to compete with the almighty Antec 900 now.

maybe, i do think they share a lot of similarities in looks. however, lian li has been manufacturing high end cases for while now and pretty much revolutionized the case scene with their aluminum designs at affordable prices. LL along with the early cooler master ATCS designs were more than just a case to put your comp in.

this might be LL's answer to the antec 900 but Antec has no answer for the many fine LL cases out there like the x500, v1000/2000, etc, etc.

maybe, i do think they share a lot of similarities in looks. however, lian li has been manufacturing high end cases for while now and pretty much revolutionized the case scene with their aluminum designs at affordable prices. LL along with the early cooler master ATCS designs were more than just a case to put your comp in.

this might be LL's answer to the antec 900 but Antec has no answer for the many fine LL cases out there like the x500, v1000/2000, etc, etc.

QFT

It looks like all manufacturers are trying to compete with the almighty Antec 900 now.

Personally...I don't think an Antec or a Lian Li could be put in the same league. Antec cases consist of steel and cheap plastic...Lian Lis are nothing but pure aluminum goodness (albeit, it does have some bits of plastic and the budget steel Lancools/K series). My recent build used a LL PC-7FW and it was much better than the P180 (P182 variant in silver though) in terms of style, materials, and overall quality. I regret paying for the P180 and my next build will definitely be a LL.

Ummm. Loud?

The material matters much. You have to remember that aluminum has about 1/3 the density of most steels and will transmit vibrations and reverberations much more readily.
Personally...I don't think an Antec or a Lian Li could be put in the same league. Antec cases consist of steel and cheap plastic...Lian Lis are nothing but pure aluminum goodness (albeit, it does have some bits of plastic and the budget steel Lancools/K series). My recent build used a LL PC-7FW and it was much better than the P180 (P182 variant in silver though) in terms of style, materials, and overall quality. I regret paying for the P180 and my next build will definitely be a LL.
I haven't worked with a Lian-Li case in almost a year and a half, so maybe things have really changed, but I've always included Antec, Lian-Li, Silverstone, and others in the "Tier 1" category of case manufacturers. Lian-Li cases are nice, but have some drawbacks (aluminum). Antec cases are built like tanks, but also have some drawbacks (aesthetics to some). Really, when buying a case, buy something of quality that fits the particular design you're going for.

The material matters much. You have to remember that aluminum has about 1/3 the density of most steels and will transmit vibrations and reverberations much more readily.
I haven't worked with a Lian-Li case in almost a year and a half, so maybe things have really changed, but I've always included Antec, Lian-Li, Silverstone, and others in the "Tier 1" category of case manufacturers. Lian-Li cases are nice, but have some drawbacks (aluminum). Antec cases are built like tanks, but also have some drawbacks (aesthetics to some). Really, when buying a case, buy something of quality that fits the particular design you're going for.

aluminum is a drawback in some ways (noise) but that is the main attraction of LL and SS cases and why they are so popular. people buy them b/c they are aluminum. steel cases don't vibrate as much and are sturdier but they're heavy, ugly & can't be really molded to look nice. thus you either have a steel case with a plastic front bezel or front aluminum bezel.

LOL Antec and Lian Li aren't even in the same class when it comes to quality. Thats like comparing a Honda Civic to a Mercedes.

The difference when it comes to Lian Li and Silverstone's aluminum cases vs other aluminum cases is that Lian Li and Silverstone do not cheap out. They use VERY THICK aluminum while other companies like Thermaltake uses paper thin aluminum. You get a much lighter weight case than a steel case at the same time the silentness of a steel case. Once you go Lian Li you seriously don't go back.

Hmm. Looks great, but I'd rather wait until they come with a similar Full Tower one. It doesn't look like you can fit a radiator up top. I don't have a watercooling system, but I expect to and don't want to restrict my options down the line.

Hmm. Looks great, but I'd rather wait until they come with a similar Full Tower one. It doesn't look like you can fit a radiator up top. I don't have a watercooling system, but I expect to and don't want to restrict my options down the line.

I'm on my phone so I can't link it, but go to Lian-Li's website and look at their new PC-B70 and PC-B701F...both full towers and very nice, just too big for me. They are essentially the same case, just on has front facing HDD with bacplane (hot swap) connectors and the other has regular side facing HD cage. Foldout motherboard tray, lot of nice features.

Click ME!

The above is a really nice video of the case showing off all of the features, and I have to say I am even more impressed now. Check it out, it's worth the watch.
Damn you! Damn you I say! I want this case! I love my Cosmos but I think I might just love this Lian Li even more! Maybe if I build a Core i7 computer I'll get one of these.

Damn, that thing is sweet.

Here's what the top of the PC-P50 Mid tower looks like with the shroud off, possibly fit a rad on there, a dual one.

yhst-24067115789173_2058_141011009

And here's the full tower I was referring to before:

Lian-Li PC-B70

pc-b70-00s.jpg

pc-b70-04s.jpg

pc-b70-03s.jpg

pc-b70-09s.jpg

B70-vgas.jpg

Lian-Li PC-B71

pc-b71-01s.jpg

pc-b71-02s.jpg

pc-b71-14s.jpg

pc-b71-13s.jpg

pc-b71-10s.jpg

b71-vgas.jpg

Like I said, they are basically the same case, with different hard drive configuration, and slightly different distance between back of case to the HDD bay in the front. If you look at the top rear, it has a removable plate for a top mounted psu, or also, a removable HD bay, so adequate room for a WC setup.

Back