Lian Li Alpha 330 and Alpha 550

Lian Li's cases look like mini fish tanks to me like the Lian Li PC-O10WX - CES 2017 Tour but the Lian Li DK-05 desk looks good but not the raise or lower the desk height electrically just adds to the cost

I got the Alpha 550, been working an E-ATX build in it. There are some design considerations that I find really annoying, and had I realized it when I got the case I might have looked at something else. Specifically putting an EATX with dual rad, their "supported" rad sizes are, impossible, and it is clear they planned the case around 120mm fans rather than 140's. I've been basing my build off of 140's to keep the noise down as much as possible which, works, but it's a struggle. One thing I'm looking at doing is modding the front and possibly removing the tempered glass in favor of acrylic w/ fan holes cut out. We will see how ambitious I am there. I'm going to be asking some more questions in my own thread, but figured I'd give a first impressions here in this (admittedly ancient) thread. I guess no one else really cares for this case.

Lian Li should stick to their core competency of solid aluminum cases for ludicrous prices. These new offerings look like every other windowed case with RGB garbage.

Back