Lian Li A04 - New MicroATX case

Hello there, first time I post here.
Sorry for my bad english, but I think you´ll understand me.

I want to build my new PC into the PC-A04 and want to install a Corsair H60 or something like it in my System.
I found different threads about this theme but a answer is still left.

Can anyone here give me the answer if the H60, H50 ....... fits in the front of the PC-A04?
I found a Picture from a V354 here, and it shows exactly what I wanna do with the PC-A04.
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x267/bradmax57/P1030102.jpg
I wanna fit the Corsair Cooler on the lower 120mm fan in push pull (2 fans) by removing the harddisc cage.

I think it could work, but I never seen a picture or something else from such a config.
The fan positioning in the PC-A04 looks quite even, but I could not appraise how wide the PC-A04 at this area is.
At pictures it seems that the frame of the case could get in conflict to the radiator, because it would be mounted crosswise like in the picture of the V354.

I ever read about guys who want to mount this cooler into the top of the case and how they get in conflict with their motherboards but never heared about one who tryed to mount it to the lower front fan.

Thank you guys, for reading this, and I hope anyone have pictures or could do some measuring at his one PC-A04 to give me an answere.

Hello there, first time I post here.
Sorry for my bad english, but I think you´ll understand me.

I want to build my new PC into the PC-A04 and want to install a Corsair H60 or something like it in my System.
I found different threads about this theme but a answer is still left.

Can anyone here give me the answer if the H60, H50 ....... fits in the front of the PC-A04?
I found a Picture from a V354 here, and it shows exactly what I wanna do with the PC-A04.
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x267/bradmax57/P1030102.jpg
I wanna fit the Corsair Cooler on the lower 120mm fan in push pull (2 fans) by removing the harddisc cage.

I think it could work, but I never seen a picture or something else from such a config.
The fan positioning in the PC-A04 looks quite even, but I could not appraise how wide the PC-A04 at this area is.
At pictures it seems that the frame of the case could get in conflict to the radiator, because it would be mounted crosswise like in the picture of the V354.

I ever read about guys who want to mount this cooler into the top of the case and how they get in conflict with their motherboards but never heared about one who tryed to mount it to the lower front fan.

Thank you guys, for reading this, and I hope anyone have pictures or could do some measuring at his one PC-A04 to give me an answere.

Thanks for using my picture :)

Anyway I cant answer your question but from the pictures ive seen of the A04 id say not, it wont fit in the top fan position due to the 5.25" cage, and doesnt look like it would fit in the bottom one either as the 3.5" hdd bay will be in the way. I'm sure someone with the case will be able to verify that but for those reasons i stayed clear of the A04 despite liking the look of it

Oh sorry, for the less informations, I thougt it´s needless to say, that I would remove the bottom HDD Bay (small one) and mount it under the 5,25cage. The Big HDD Bay will be removed completely.

In a worst case scenario I also be able to remove both HDD Bays because I only would mount a SSD in this System. My Data Music....... are all on an extern HDD.
But it´s also nice to could if you need, so i prefer the version with small HDD Bay under the 5,25 like in your picture ;)

Oh sorry, for the less informations, I thougt it´s needless to say, that I would remove the bottom HDD Bay (small one) and mount it under the 5,25cage. The Big HDD Bay will be removed completely.

In a worst case scenario I also be able to remove both HDD Bays because I only would mount a SSD in this System. My Data Music....... are all on an extern HDD.
But it´s also nice to could if you need, so i prefer the version with small HDD Bay under the 5,25 like in your picture ;)

If thats possible the there shouldnt be a problem as ive never had an a04 i cant say yes or no hopefully someone else can answer that

I think it will be possible in the area that I've circled. Note that I had to remove BOTH hard drive cages.

I am using one dvd burner and 1 3.5" 500GB HD as well as a 120GB SSD that was velcro'd onto the 500gb hd.

IMAG0014.jpg

Yeah if you want to remove both hdd caddies then it should be possible, this case could have been so much better, same can be said for a lot of Lian Li's of late

How much space is there at the lower fan. Corsair H60 radiator needs 153mm.
On every picture it looks like the radiator could get in conflict to the frame where the sideplates mounted on.

At my 5,25 bays there will be a DVD-burner and any 5,25 fancontroll unit.
So both 5,25 are used.
Maybe there is enough space behind the fancontroll.
Or under the lower 5,25 bay when both HDD-Bays are removed.

I am putting together a build for this case, but wanted to know what's the best motherboard for a 1155 socket processor?

This is what I am planning on buying - let me know if there is something better.

CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 (CMPSU-650HX) 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072

I will be reusing my dvd drive, memory, and hard drive from my old build. Still need help on deciding on a video card and motherboard though.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
ok, I know this looks like a trash can, I just trying to fit things inside,

P1020444.JPG

this is the only place I found that can fit the H80 w/1 fan,
the board is GA-Z68MX, the major issue is it blocks USB3 port at right down corner of that mother board,
and this also block the secondary PCIe16x and probably hit any dual slot 3D card in it's way,

well I can jut put H80 inside 5.25x2, but the efficiency will get lower,
or just fit H80 inside the 3.5x4, err, not compatible with any long 3D card at all,
move the 3.5x4 to the lower part and squeeze H80 in, the pipe probably blocks video card,

H60 on the top 120mm won't work either, it blocks 8-pin 12v power on this board,

I have no idea A04 will fit any water cooling well.

I can tell that I can fit H80 inside the 5.25x2 of A04 with only minimal room for him to breath,

P1020404.JPG

and it works somehow, not very well, at least better than stock fan.

ok, some useless info for fitting H80 into my trash can,
my cpu is 2600S, fully loaded, and room temperature is about 34degree,

sensors_temp-week.png

ths highest line for 4 core is stock fan, next by them is I fit H80 within 5.25x2,

sensors_temp-day.png

and follow the 5.25x2, is I put it at the bottom w/1 fan, minus few degree because the fresh cool air, that's all, I think.

Ok, so I have been looking at this for a while, and thought I could make it fit, and I did:
These are LARGE images so links

A04 & H60 (along with a 6970)
http://i.imgur.com/F1vLU.jpg
Showing front with panel removed:
http://imgur.com/TrG6G
Showing radiator:
http://imgur.com/NpdhB

Album of the 3 images:
http://imgur.com/a/aQnZy#F1vLU

Complete setup:
Lian Li PC-A04b
Corsair AX850
Corsair H60
Intel i7 2600k
2x G.Skill Ripjaws X 4GB DDR3 1600 (8,8,8,24)
Asus Maximus iv gene-z
HIS 6970
2x Western Digital Caviar Black 2GB
Corsair Force 3 60GB
Samsung SH-S2223c

decided not to use the force 3 as a SRT, so instead it is my c: drive and almost all install go on d:.
CPU idles at pretty much room temp with the radiator fan set to blow out along with the top panel fan and the lower front fan blowing in.

hmmm this looks interesting, i'm planning on buying my a04 today and was curious to see what kind of configurations people manage to muster up. i don't know if anybody saw it but there's a deal on the a04 on newegg 20% off with free shipping

I'd like to point out that the pc-a04 has been updated with a proper motherboard connector for the front USB ports. As a result, there is no longer a hole and grommet in the rear above the fan.

I'm getting the V600FB for my build, it looks to be based off the A04, Similar internals. Anyone know if there is any difference in spacing on the top fan? I hear the V600FB has issues with fitting fans as they might hit the motherboard area?????? Need help =0

I'd get the v600 just because the A04 has such a small fan in the back. Anything smaller than 120mm these days in new cases is just blasphemous.

Anyone know if an H100 would fit in the front of this case?

That would be an emphatic "NO."
I bought this Lian Li PC-A04B and Cosair H100 combo knowing that the chances were slim at best that the H100 would fit w/o dremel mod.
and it doesn't.
1. the radiator is too tall to fit in between the frame and the HDD cages and you'll have to dremel out a slot at the bottom of the case and dremel the bottom of the 5.25" cage to fit it here.
2. the radiator is too tall and a bit too thick to fit in between the front bezel and the frame, and you'll still have to cut the plastic bracket at the bottom of the front bezel to allow the radiator to stick down a bit.

I've decided to dremel the top of the case, mount the H100 internally, hoses facing the back since facing front would interfere with the 5.25" bays, and mount the 2x 120mm fans externally. It's the cleanest mounting I can think of after looking at the case for a couple of hours today. There's precious little room inside this case, so you'll have to be creative and willing to cut.

Last edited:
Hope you guys don't mind the "late" bump, but I just received my case today, and was hoping to find someone who has decent to above average cable management in this case, but I haven't found a single person who has done so.

Is cable management non-existent or do you guys just set these up quickly and call it a day?

I'm planning on some cable management clips or whatever, similar to these, just found locally:

cpa-544.jpg

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12622/cpa-544/Lian_Li_Cable_Management_Kit_-_PT-CL02.html

Was hoping to find cable management tips, aside from a modular PSU. Anyone have any tips?

Hope you guys don't mind the "late" bump, but I just received my case today, and was hoping to find someone who has decent to above average cable management in this case, but I haven't found a single person who has done so.

Is cable management non-existent or do you guys just set these up quickly and call it a day?

I'm planning on some cable management clips or whatever, similar to these, just found locally:

cpa-544.jpg

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12622/cpa-544/Lian_Li_Cable_Management_Kit_-_PT-CL02.html

Was hoping to find cable management tips, aside from a modular PSU. Anyone have any tips?

hide all the wires where you cant see them. :p

pJOuO.jpg

I need to do some more wire management and make it all pretty in there. One day I'll do it. Used a nexus 80/92mm to 120mm adapter. H60 put in place of the old after market cooler I had in there. I have already seen a 15* F drop.

very nice! I suppose that it`s a h60 cooler you are using? what motherbard are you using as well?

I wonder if the fan on the top of the case, configured as intake would be better then as exhaust? as the radiator is so close to it maybe direct cool air would help it even more?

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM is my mobo and yes that is the H60. Umm, I dunno if it would make a difference or not, I could try it but I don't know how much that would effect the flow of air already coming into the case with the 2 front fans. I guess since I inverted my PSU anyway that would be the 2 exhaust fans and three intake.

Cross posted from elsewhere:

A few quick pictures of my new system, will take better ones soon:

r0026233.jpg

r0026159.jpg

r0026176.jpg

r0026178.jpg

r0026177.jpg

r0026167.jpg

As you can see the Ninja 3 JUST fits under the sidepanel...

r0026169.jpg

r0026173.jpg

The Aux. power connector is located in a poor position, cannot use any fans thicker than 25mm.

r0026185.jpg

r0026181.jpg

The filters actually work, I was expecting them to do nothing because it's pretty much just screen door mesh.

r0026160.jpg

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2213269

cpuidu.png

coretempscrsv.png

weixv.png

Specs:

-Intel 2500K @ 4.2Ghz
-16GB Corsair vengeance DDR3-1600
-OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
-Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gen. 3
-Scythe Ninja 3 (hate the stupid tramp stamp tribal flame, will try to strip it)
-Corsair HX650W PSU
-Lian Li PC-A04
-Pioneer DVR-219
-Windows 7 Professional
-Dell U2412MB Ultrasharp IPS Rev. A02
-No graphics card yet (Intel HD3000), thinking of a 7xxx

Currently at 4.2Ghz, mild OC using the Asus CPU Level Up in BIOS, running at 40C on all four cores with fans at 500rpm (inaudible), full 100% load using Prime95 is around 65C. The Ninja is passive right now, probably won't feel the need to add a fan to it anytime soon. I will be changing out the top fan to a ball bearing or a Scythe Gentle Typhoon soon however, the sleeve bearing is driving me nuts with the whirring. Cable organization is a terrible in the case, the space in between the sidepanel and the mobo tray is too narrow for the ATX cable, couldn't even hide that. Thinking of swapping fans so the cables aren't tucked in yet. I cut down one of the SATA power cables and modified the length to make it fit better in the 5.25" bay area, have provisions for my Blu-Ray burner, as well as a 3.5" data drive.

Did I mention the SSD is FAST? Like holy crap fast. Before installing any programs (standard Windows installation), boot up was around 14 seconds (no optimization), currently it's at around 22 seconds, with 77 processes. Not too bad at all.

I wished I could get rid of the BIOS alarm at the beginning of each boot, I have the top fan plugged into the chassis connector instead of the CPU since the BIOS fan controller won't let me reduce my speeds below 1000 RPM.

Brendan

Just ordered my A04. I enjoyed reading this thread. looks like cable management might challenging, i'm looking forward to it. Thank you to all who have posted pictures in this thread. :D

Some more pictures:

32GB of ram!

cpuid2.png

Had to strip one of the Vengeance sticks of its heatspreader in order to fit underneath the massive Ninja (an easy task really)

r00267052.jpg

Installed some vent filters behind all the standard filters

r00267162.jpg

r00267152.jpg

Another clearance picture

r0026709.jpg

Finally installed one of two Lian Li C-02 bay covers (will install the other one when my blu-ray drive gets here), took a bit of adjustment for a satisfactory fit, still not pleased with it but that'd require modding and slight shaving of the bracket. Wished I could find the earlier C-01 as they seem to be better built.

r00267192.jpg

Brendan :D

sorry to ask as this may have been asked already.....but does a 140mm fan fit on top?

I would imagine it would as a 140mm cut-out is at the bottom panel.

thanks for any confirmation!

pJOuO.jpg

I need to do some more wire management and make it all pretty in there. One day I'll do it. Used a nexus 80/92mm to 120mm adapter. H60 put in place of the old after market cooler I had in there. I have already seen a 15* F drop.

Nice work, never thought about doing that, the lack of the rear 120mm fan stopped me from buying this case, im presuming the side panel still fits :)

Back