Lian Li A04 - New MicroATX case

Konias

Limp Gawd
Lian Li says - Small or Big? Please enjoy new microATX case which I found on web:

:cool:

LainLi%20A04.jpg

Link:
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=561&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=63&g=f

I think, This case is targeted against cases like NZXT Vulcan or InWin Dragon Slayer. Its cheaper than LianLi V354. I must say I liked It. Top 12cm look llike ideal place for Corsair Cooler H50 or H70.

Last edited:
Wow, nice looking case. They're always coming up with new cases (even if the design is very traditional).

Hm I would definitely get this over the V354 if I ever went back to a mATX build and had a need for 4+ hard drives. Hm and can possibly hold up to 10 3.5" hard drives (hold 3 using a 2 x 5.25" bay converter)

Last edited:
Why couldn't they just make this one full ATX? It'd only have to be a tiny bit bigger. Then it would be like a PC-A05N, only better due to having more than three 3.5" bays.

I'll stick with my V354 for mATX.

Another Lian Li case that I absolutely love and am convinced that I will buy until I find out it's solid gold price tag.

Another Lian Li case that I absolutely love and am convinced that I will buy until I find out it's solid gold price tag.

South African sites have it for about 140$ US. It looks essentially like the design of the PC-70FN/7FN series (which are about 100$ish cases) shrunken and with the V354 cage.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being too expensive. :)

Top 12cm look llike ideal place for Corsair Cooler H50 or H70.

No way the H50/H70 is going to fit in that space - the motherboard is going to be right up against the top fan. Rear location is a no-go as well, it looks like. A 80 or 92mm rad might fit though (e.g., CoolIT ECO C80 or C92).

Seems like they could have planned it out a little better, considering the popularity of the Corsair kits.

Why couldn't they just make this one full ATX? It'd only have to be a tiny bit bigger.

At least 61mm taller, or about 16%. That's enough height for another 5.25" drive. Not sure I'd call that tiny.

Since the case is only 7.4" wide do you guys think there will be issues fitting taller coolers like the Megahalems?

Its narrower and a bit shorter than the A0-5N, but its a few mm taller.

A05
210mm x 381mm x 490mm (W,H,D)

A04
188mm x 386mm x 460mm (W,H,D)

It is a better designed TJ-08. However, I don't see why they couldn't have put a 120mm fan on the back...The TJ08 did it and it is only 5mm wider.

Weird that it taller than a A05 but only hold micro ATX. But the PSU is in the rear. This thing should cool better. I like it. If I build a micro I would definitely consider it.

very similar to the v354... But at least the naming on this one makes sense.

Is it just me or are you pretty much required to use motherboards without the horizontal rightward facing SATA ports? It seems like the hard drive tray will interfere with SATA connectors.

Just take out that HDD cage. Unless you need that many hard drives. Needs to come out for high end GPU anyway. Seems like they made it flexible for nearly any use: storage, gaming, etc.

I need that many. It's alright though. Most midrange matx mobos for Intel and AMD tend to have vertical SATA connectors while the top end ones tend to have horizontal connectors. At least it gives me an excuse to spend less money. :p

Last edited:
Why does every LianLi have to have some glaring flaw...

80mm fan? Really? I thought we stopped that crap years ago... =/

wtf @ 80mm rear fan in 2010?

And so close to fitting a 2x120 rad up front without modding... Oh well.

The mATX case market is something of a mistery to me: I think a lot of people would be quite happy with a rather standard (micro tower) yet good quality box. Like the TJ08, for example. But maybe redesign the front, fix a few small issues here and there and a mainstream price. Why do all the mATX cases that come out are rather super cheap (read low quality), or super expensive, or super large. Now it feels like the choice is better with miniITX...

Why does every LianLi have to have some glaring flaw...

80mm fan? Really? I thought we stopped that crap years ago... =/

I was thinking about that as well. I mean, it looks like there's enough space to actually have a 120mm fan in the rear.

it doesn't look like a dual rad can fit? i don't think there's enough space on top and bottom of the two fans for the extra clearance that a rad needs

There is enough space. Silverstone did it with the TJ08 and it is pretty much the same width.

I hope so.

As much as I wanted to get the v354, the location of the PSU right beside the GPU just really seems like a bad idea...that and the cable management.

This A04 might be a better alternative.

I like the A04, but dont like that its bigger than the A05N. The PSU placement is better, but why is a microATX case bigger than an ATX case? Seems to be going the wrong direction. Though I do like it more than the V354, which looks like a big Q08.

I like the A04, but dont like that its bigger than the A05N. The PSU placement is better, but why is a microATX case bigger than an ATX case? Seems to be going the wrong direction. Though I do like it more than the V354, which looks like a big Q08.

Hm well it's only slightly taller than the A05N. Otherwise, the A05N is wider and longer than the A04.

Looks like I found my replacement case for my Sugo 05. I'll hopefully be ordering the day of release and will try and let you guys know about the 120mm fitment on the back.

I hope so.

As much as I wanted to get the v354, the location of the PSU right beside the GPU just really seems like a bad idea...that and the cable management.
What are these issues you speak of? :p

To me, the A05 looks like it doesnt leave much room to route cables behind the hard drive cage. They look to be right tight to the mobo back plate

^^^ nice build!

but i m still interested in actual retail price once this baby hit the shelf!

Looks like I found my replacement case for my Sugo 05. I'll hopefully be ordering the day of release and will try and let you guys know about the 120mm fitment on the back.

Let us know if taller CPU coolers can fit too. :D

I need that many. It's alright though. Most midrange matx mobos for Intel and AMD tend to have vertical SATA connectors while the top end ones tend to have horizontal connectors. At least it gives me an excuse to spend less money. :p

use right angle connectors and direct them straight back into the cable management space?

use right angle connectors and direct them straight back into the cable management space?

Hopefully, that'll work. I'm worried about it being a tight fit with the back panel. Anyone have any idea when this case is coming out? Google search shows virtually nothing other than it being available on South African websites as I mentioned before.

Let us know if taller CPU coolers can fit too. :D

I'll see if I can borrow my old TRUE 120 from a buddy of mine for fitment testing. I won't be able to secure it, but if the case is on the side it shouldn't matter.

Hopefully, that'll work. I'm worried about it being a tight fit with the back panel. Anyone have any idea when this case is coming out? Google search shows virtually nothing other than it being available on South African websites as I mentioned before.

LL says 2010 and I saw a couple places in Europe that said they were carrying it so... brace for impact? *crosses fingers*

I like the upside down orientation of my A05, but I do like this one more than the v354.

This seems like a fantastic little case, especially if the upper HDD cage is removable.

This seems like a fantastic little case, especially if the upper HDD cage is removable.

Both HD cages are removable and their position is interchangeable. :D

LL needs to announce a release date on this case!

Back