Lian Li A01 htpc - watercooled - 56k warning

Holy crap this is amazing work, I only hope I can get this good someday :p

Can't wait for the finished article.

Just saw it updated on MDPC, sick stuff. What happened to your HD, behind the reservoir I assume?

And what size cable sleeving and heatshrink do you use? Ordered 50 ft of 1/8" and 25ft of 1/4" sleeving along with some 1/8", 1/4" and 3/8" shrink but I'm not sure it's it's enough : \

it is 1/8" sleeve and 3/8" for the sata cable. important is shrink with a shrink ratio of 3:1 - 2:1 is not enough. for the small cbles i used 1/4" shrink / 3:1.

the hd is sitting on end behind the pump (in a black Scythe Quiet Drive).

it is a true pice of art, kudos to you tremeloes.

are the ram heatsinks painted? doesn't that affect heat dissipation?

@shadowlord
the heatsinks are painted with a special color for heaters so it shouldn´t have an effect.

Great job on that system.

Did those ramsinks come with the memory? If they came seperatly which ones are they and where did you get them?

Great job on that system.

Did those ramsinks come with the memory? If they came seperatly which ones are they and where did you get them?

those are arctic cooling ramsinks: http://www.arctic-cooling.com/further_prod2.php?idx=160
easy to install.

I wish you lived in the states, I would've ordered a PC from you.

hehe, thanks, but i´m not doing it for money. in fact this is the second pc i built (and the second watercooling too). ;)

ok, as promised i`ve got some temperatures for you.

after 30 minutes Orthos Prime:
Cpu: 37°
Core 0/1: 51°
MB: 40°

after one hour Orthos Prime:
Cpu: 41°
Core 0/1: 53°
MB: 42°

room temperature was about 21°-22°. Case Fans at 520 rpm, PSU Fan at 730 rpm

those temperatures are better than i expected. :)

I am a photographer myself and holly-molly...you pictures are god like...gotta love the hassle

@mnpctech
thanks for the link - because case mod blog didn´t ask for a permission to use my pics. :mad: it just would have been polite to ask me.

@mnpctech
thanks for the link - because case mod blog didn´t ask for a permission to use my pics. :mad: it just would have been polite to ask me.

SUE EM!!!!

Great work on the mod man. Sucks that people dont ask permission to use pictures of your creation.

What kind of temps are you getting with that pasive cooling? I have always been interested in the radiator systems just dont konw how good of a job they do.

SUE EM!!!!

i´m thinking about that.

What kind of temps are you getting with that pasive cooling? I have always been interested in the radiator systems just dont konw how good of a job they do.

you can see the temps a few posts above. they are better than i expected.
depends on your system. the rad ist good for small systems. but current gaming rigs couldn´t be cooled down with it. i would prefere a good triple or quad rad with slow rotating fans for that.

WoW what a nice case and project. Very nice work. What are you using the rig for? I noticed no video card

WoW what a nice case and project. Very nice work. What are you using the rig for? I noticed no video card

currently i´m building a little htpc which will replace several single components like music, tv, vcr...

;)

@ timme
i tested it. first i had some problems finding the chanels now it works - but i think there are better ones to find.

I don't know if the case is still alive :D

I have a question, I want to know how the bezel (5.25 cover) stands in the front of the case,
without the stock metal cooler cover/DVD support ?

Because, I have the same case, and I want to remove this metal plate, but the bezel can't stand if it's removed.

Back