Lian Li 011 Dynamic Razer Edition case fan attachment

I don't think this mod is worthy of it's own thread, so here's what I did to the bottom of my case yesterday.

20191014_163446.jpg

20191014_163452.jpg

Shouldn't have any airflow problems from the bottom 3 fans anymore. I didn't actually take anything out of the case before hitting it with the dremel. I unscrewed the fans and cut some cardboard to fit, then covered it with plastic to keep the metal dust out. I haven't fired it back up yet.

I don't think this mod is worthy of it's own thread, so here's what I did to the bottom of my case yesterday.

View attachment 193097

View attachment 193098

Shouldn't have any airflow problems from the bottom 3 fans anymore. I didn't actually take anything out of the case before hitting it with the dremel. I unscrewed the fans and cut some cardboard to fit, then covered it with plastic to keep the metal dust out. I haven't fired it back up yet.

And sweet baby Jesus wept.

Hey, if it works, it works!

Only if you're trying to simulate the damage caused by your forum name. ;)

It's all good...I have to cut mine this week and do some grinding on it as well (no. not that kind of grinding.)

I just reconfigured my case as I'm thinking of going to water cooling on the cpu.

Before:

20191107_184822.jpg

After:

20200218_212409.jpg

If I go with the Lian Li distribution block, looking at the second picture, I'll lose all the side fans and replace the top AIO with a 360 radiator. If I get a regular reservoir, looking at the first picture, the Radiator for the gpu will stay where it is and the reservoir for the CPU would go where the third fan on the bottom right is and a 360 radiator would replace the AIO on top.

Thoughts? GPU cooler too close to gpu blowing it's own hot air on it in second picture?

I disagree, from the looks of your setup I now believe that I can install my GPU vertically with the 3 lower fans in place. Thanks!

Also, which vertical mount are you using? Lian Li's or someone elses?
If you use Lian Li's vertical mount you will lose the bottom 2 fans, you have to use an aftermarket like Phanteks to keep the fans. Lian Li's looks much better, though. It is flush to the back of the case and much less bulky. All you see is the card and it looks like part of the case.

If you use Lian Li's vertical mount you will lose the bottom 2 fans, you have to use an aftermarket like Phanteks to keep the fans. Lian Li's looks much better, though. It is flush to the back of the case and much less bulky. All you see is the card and it looks like part of the case.
I ended up going Phanteks. I'm pretty happy with it in the end. I've considered trimming the side of the bottom of the rise bracket but haven't yet. I'll probably leave it as is but like you said the bracket is noticeable.
235971_20190827_113420.jpg
235885_20190827_113230.jpg

Hey, if it works, it works! You can't tell unless you turn the computer on it's side and look up from the bottom.

I lost track of this post in response to mine about Sweet Babay Jesus crying.

Turns out I cut the bottom out of mine as well, lol.

Has anyone used the 011 dynamic xl? That’s the one I’m looking at but its a little bigger and I’m not so sure it will fit where I want it and get as good airflow

Has anyone used the 011 dynamic xl? That’s the one I’m looking at but its a little bigger and I’m not so sure it will fit where I want it and get as good airflow

Haven't used it, but now that I'm getting ready to assemble a loop, I wish I had it. Lots more room at the bottom than the standard O11.

Haven't used it, but now that I'm getting ready to assemble a loop, I wish I had it. Lots more room at the bottom than the standard O11.
it’s a lot more expensive but then again loops are wayyy expensive so I guess no big huh?

Well.... in the short term future my case is going to get a [H]ardware upgrade. I believe I can retain most of the parts in my Sig including the Corsair Hydro H115i.
-Arrived a month ago is:
Intel Core i7 6800k Broadwell -E 6 Core 12 Thread CPU

-Waiting to be Shipped from Asia, but ordered from Aliexpress :
ASUS x99 Deluxe motherboard and backplate. Gen I (not Gen II)

-Still to save up funds to purchase in next 2-3 months:
CMK64GX4M4A2666C16 Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (4 x16GB ) kit DDR4 2666 Mhz. Happens to be on the QVL List and Newegg.ca has at a fair price currently.

-Optional / Secondary parts to obtain later
NVMe Drive 1TB (thinking WD Black- happy with the WD Blue SSDs I have) + source an ASUS x99 Deluxe vertical NVMe SSD drive bracket
ASUS Thunderbolt expansion card and a USB C expansion card
ASUS WiFi antenna for the motherboard

- I am happy with the SATA III 1TB WD Blue SSD I have on hand and the 2x HGST 6 TB NAS drives. They will be transferred over.
- Same with the EVGA RTX 2070 Gaming GFX card
-The Corsair RM1000i 1000 Watt PSU should be sound enough to use on the build.

I am hoping the BIOS on the ASUS x99 Deluxe mobo is updated enough that I can drop in the CPU and it will be recognized right off. The board was initially released for Haswell -E 58xx CPUs. As I recall dropping in a 6800k will require the BIOS to have been updated.

There are newer hardware upgrades I could have done, but this will provide me with a best Bang For Buck for a while to come. Also it is a rig I've wanted to build for a while... I've wanted a i7 6800k build for a few years.

BlackDragon

I ended up going Phanteks. I'm pretty happy with it in the end. I've considered trimming the side of the bottom of the rise bracket but haven't yet. I'll probably leave it as is but like you said the bracket is noticeable.
View attachment 224679
View attachment 224681
Curious did you have any gpu hang with that bracket? I also wonder if you could install a small pci Capture card still as to my understanding you couldn't, but a builder using this mount said you can tuck it under and behind the mount and it barely fits. Looking for a good mount to use in the XL version of the case which will allow me to use this small card, and not have to do any modifying.

Curious did you have any gpu hang with that bracket? I also wonder if you could install a small pci Capture card still as to my understanding you couldn't, but a builder using this mount said you can tuck it under and behind the mount and it barely fits. Looking for a good mount to use in the XL version of the case which will allow me to use this small card, and not have to do any modifying.
If you're talking sagging its perfectly level as far as I can tell and the 1080ti FTW3 is a hefty card. As far as room behind the card? There isn't much, I can try to get a measurement for you if you'd like.

The only thing that I'd mention is that I do get occasional "hiccups" in the form of the screen going black and some pixels turning red. The only thing that I can come up with is that there may be a compatibility issue with the pci gen4 slot and the riser cable. Compatibility issues with pci gen4 and riser cables have been noted by Wendel from Level1Techs. This occurs every month to two months. A full shutdown always remedies it. I did try setting the pci slot to gen3 and immediately the screen was flashing on and off. Setting it back to pci gen4 brought it back to only flashing occasionally. The immediate flashing when I changed it to gen3 makes me feel like it's a rise cable compatibility issue.

In the end the need to do a shutdown every month or two hasn't been enough of an annoyance to merit looking for another gpu mounting solution, for me anyways.

Good to see my Post still going. The Lian Li 011 Dynamic is a nice case to work with.
I have to Dremel my front aluminum panel just below the I/O ports to fit a Bulgin type anti vandal switch. My external HDD Activity LED and Reset are being handle by the switch right now... but it's wired out the back of the PCI expansion brackets for now. Will have to strip the case and break out my Dremel Advantage 9000, and do some modifying.
Other than that, I have to cable manage the case.

If you're talking sagging its perfectly level as far as I can tell and the 1080ti FTW3 is a hefty card. As far as room behind the card? There isn't much, I can try to get a measurement for you if you'd like.

The only thing that I'd mention is that I do get occasional "hiccups" in the form of the screen going black and some pixels turning red. The only thing that I can come up with is that there may be a compatibility issue with the pci gen4 slot and the riser cable. Compatibility issues with pci gen4 and riser cables have been noted by Wendel from Level1Techs. This occurs every month to two months. A full shutdown always remedies it. I did try setting the pci slot to gen3 and immediately the screen was flashing on and off. Setting it back to pci gen4 brought it back to only flashing occasionally. The immediate flashing when I changed it to gen3 makes me feel like it's a rise cable compatibility issue.

In the end the need to do a shutdown every month or two hasn't been enough of an annoyance to merit looking for another gpu mounting solution, for me anyways.
Have you tried the newest bios ?
I am running the x570 Strix-e with the same GPU and set it to gen 3 in the top pcie slot with no problems. Also running a Pcie to M.2 adapter in slot 2 with no issues, although I have it set auto in the bios. But since I just got the board it came with the newest bios and I havent had it running long enough to know if it will get "hiccups" next week :)

Good to see my Post still going. The Lian Li 011 Dynamic is a nice case to work with.
I have to Dremel my front aluminum panel just below the I/O ports to fit a Bulgin type anti vandal switch. My external HDD Activity LED and Reset are being handle by the switch right now... but it's wired out the back of the PCI expansion brackets for now. Will have to strip the case and break out my Dremel Advantage 9000, and do some modifying.
Other than that, I have to cable manage the case.
Here is the latest butchering of my case.

20200507_004650.jpg

20200507_004630.jpg

I installed a fill port. The Distro-plateis a pain to fill without it. I had to slowly fill it will turning the power to the pump on and off to get to a point where I could run it constantly while holding the case up at a 45 degree angle while adding more fluid to fill it. Now, it doesn't require that much tipping to fill it. I'd say I'm pretty much done with the build and I need to get pictures together for the water cooled gallery.

Have you tried the newest bios ?
I am running the x570 Strix-e with the same GPU and set it to gen 3 in the top pcie slot with no problems. Also running a Pcie to M.2 adapter in slot 2 with no issues, although I have it set auto in the bios. But since I just got the board it came with the newest bios and I havent had it running long enough to know if it will get "hiccups" next week :)
Yeah, it's got the most recent bios, I guess it could be the riser cable? As long as it doesn't start happening weekly or daily I'll probably just leave it be.
Here is the latest butchering of my case.

I installed a fill port. The Distro-plateis a pain to fill without it. I had to slowly fill it will turning the power to the pump on and off to get to a point where I could run it constantly while holding the case up at a 45 degree angle while adding more fluid to fill it. Now, it doesn't require that much tipping to fill it. I'd say I'm pretty much done with the build and I need to get pictures together for the water cooled gallery.
Looks good to me 👍

Yeah, it's got the most recent bios, I guess it could be the riser cable? As long as it doesn't start happening weekly or daily I'll probably just leave it be.
OK thought I would check since we are running the same card on the same riser on a board with the same chipset in a case that is almost identical :)

Still working on mine though, hope to be done next week.

IMG_20200505_072953.jpg

So many fans! How noisy is it?
With 4x Corsair HD120 RGB 120mm fans and the 2x Corsair ML Series 140mm on my Hydro H115i cooler I can sleep in the same room as the computer... if it is set to silent / PWM mode in the BIOS settings. My case moves a lot of air. Others have more fans installed than I do, though.

So many fans! How noisy is it?
Not very noisy at all. I am running 7 of the deepcool fans which even at max speed they are only 27 dba but they spend a large majority of the time @600 rpm. The other 3 are the Corsair ML120's on the rad which with a 360 rad they dont ever spin up very fast.

2.jpg

Well, there will be a tear apart and rebuild of my 011 Dynamic Razer Edition soon. Parts are starting to arrive.
I have a Corsair Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro (being shipped) waiting to go in with the Corsair RGB Fan Node that came with the HD120 RGB fans. To do still is mount a black anodized Bulgin style anti vandal momentary switch w/ white LED ring, (It's being shipped). That means I have to take the case to bare bones and Dremel the front aluminum fascia below the I / O ports. I want my HDD Activity LED and Reset Switch ... why would you build a case without one?
So late August / mid September is my timeframe for basic mods and lighting. I'll take that time to actually Cable Manage the case, which it currently lack (bad me)
Pretty happy with the hardware in now, it'll do for a few years... barring what nVidia comes out with soon. I'll wait and see about that.

BlackDragon

Ok, first off--if you WANT to do a hardware mod, then go ahead and do it, don't take this post as saying you shouldn't. Second, not to be a wiseass, but check the front panel connectors. I have the white Dynamic O11 and the power LED does double duty as a drive activity LED--the power light is blue and the drive light is red. I just recorded a short video showing it, let me put it up on YT and I'll come back and post a link.

Ok, first off--if you WANT to do a hardware mod, then go ahead and do it, don't take this post as saying you shouldn't. Second, not to be a wiseass, but check the front panel connectors. I have the white Dynamic O11 and the power LED does double duty as a drive activity LED--the power light is blue and the drive light is red. I just recorded a short video showing it, let me put it up on YT and I'll come back and post a link.

OK. Now, my phone's camera is pretty weaksauce at capturing red--the flashing is sort of a pink/purple color to the eye, not the almost white of the video. Yay Samsung?

I'd have to pop open the side chamber, but downloaded the manual .PDF. On the 011 Dynamic Razer Edition, it's just a power Switch and the 2x USB 3.0 HD Audio and USB Type C. It has no LED for Power or HDD Activity (just the Power Switch)... been a while since I was poking around the cases wiring harness, but I'm fairly sure on the Razer Edition it's an LED Delete they opted for, 1_rick.
I'd have to verify and go looking, but there's no mention in the manual and I am sure I did not miss hooking them up when I built it.

I've got one of these on order. Using a Stainless steel version right now, wired out the gap in the rear PCI brackets... janky, I know... but gives me an external Reset and HDD LED for now, till I Dremel a 12mm / 1 inch hole below the I /O ports

Bulgin White LED.jpg

Last edited:
Ah--I have the peasant, non-Razer version.
The one you have looks nice. I was looking at the different versions before I chose. What decided for me, was the ease of case lighting of the externals of the Razer Edition. Which would leave me to only do the internals.
I don't have it set for Rainbow Disco Puke though... simple sequential Blue LED's on the RGB fans for now. The case lighting itself is set to the orange Fire Theme, Razer offers. When I add the Corsair Lighting Node Pro into the case, I'll likely just set it to solid White for illumination.

The one you have looks nice. I was looking at the different versions before I chose. What decided for me, was the ease of case lighting of the externals of the Razer Edition. Which would leave me to only do the internals.
I don't have it set for Rainbow Disco Puke though... simple sequential Blue LED's on the RGB fans for now. The case lighting itself is set to the orange Fire Theme, Razer offers. When I add the Corsair Lighting Node Pro into the case, I'll likely just set it to solid White for illumination.
When I bought mine, the Razer was on sale for I think only $10 more, but I had my heart set on the white case. If they had made a White Razer version, I would have sprung for that.

Sorry for the not so good quality image, I took a quick shot of my new setup I'm still having an issue with my setup and I think is the Mobo.

Attachments

• IMG_3431 (2).jpg
    IMG_3431 (2).jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 0
Sorry for the not so good quality image, I took a quick shot of my new setup I'm still having an issue with my setup and I think is the Mobo.

I think the problem is that one fan with no rgb, buddy.

I think the problem is that one fan with no rgb, buddy.
I believe the problem is the ROG Strix Z940-G Wi-Fi Mobo. I've been having issues with it from the start. After tackling a few other problems, now I'm down to 3 main issues.

1- DIMM Slot 1 - When I have all Slots filled the PC wouldn't boot up and I keep getting the Yellow Indicator meaning "Memory Issue"... All my memories work I switched them all around and they work, except when it's on Slot # 1???
2- I won't let me update to the latest BIOS???
3- Top right fan doesn't Light up.

Back