LGA1155 backplate

ldoodle

Limp Gawd
Hi,

Took motherboard out of old case which actually had the heatsink fixings as standoffs on the case. New case doesn't have these nor holes in the right place to use standoffs. So no way of actually securing the heatsink, which is screw based rather than quick release.

My existing backplate has 2 locating holes either side of the CPU socket and 3 screws in a triangle going through the socket holding it on.

Is there a different backplate I can get?

Thanks

IMG_20190411_194757.jpg

IMG_20190411_215904.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, I'm now looking at the Hyper TX3 EVO as a replacement because it's 92mm, which is what the existing CPU fan is, but swap them.

But, does anyone know if the fan can be removed from the snap on bracket of the normal Hyper? Doesn't look like the 'fan bracket version' is available in my region.

Thanks

Looks like some sort of proprietary OEM mount that they made difficult (if not realistically impossible if it's connected to the socket directly...can't tell).

Yes, you can detach the fan from the snap on bracket. It is tied to the bracket by fan screws. Worst case you have to remove a rubber pad to get at them.

If you're just going to reuse the stock HSF anyway, why buy a whole new HSF? Just buy a 92mm fan to use on the stock tower cooler.

Thanks. I just checked and the mounting holes on the board are 80mm to centres but standard Intel are 75mm, right?

PS: It's the fan that's the problem. the 6 pin one are proprietary to HP so I was thinking the other way round: that Hyper HS is Intel push-pin type; I'd need to keep the existing fan.

Last edited:
Back