LG WH16NS40 Faulty?

passion4tech

Limp Gawd
Today my blu ray drive is acting strange. I put my 50gb bd-r disc which contains files into the drive and the drive will not recognize the disc anymore. The odd thing is is that I put in a different 50gb disc which contains files and the drive reads that disc just fine. What gives? :(

I have to ask the obvious question - have you tried the disc in another reader?

Odds are higher that the disc has went bad than the drive.

I have to ask the obvious question - have you tried the disc in another reader?

Odds are higher that the disc has went bad than the drive.
So the blu ray disc is faulty :( So does that mean my data on the blu ray disc is gone ? :(

You might be able to salvage some of it - some utilities can try to read damaged discs - I've used dd via Linux before and had some success. But if the disc isn't even being recognized as being inserted, it's grim.

There may be someone with more data recovery experience than me that can suggest some more specifics.

You might be able to salvage some of it - some utilities can try to read damaged discs - I've used dd via Linux before and had some success. But if the disc isn't even being recognized as being inserted, it's grim.

There may be someone with more data recovery experience than me that can suggest some more specifics.

That is not what I wanted to hear. Just my luck. Life is unfair geez :( Now my data on the blu ray disc is gone :( I trusted blu ray discs & now I realize blu ray discs can fail just like hdd :(

That is not what I wanted to hear. Just my luck. Life is unfair geez :( Now my data on the blu ray disc is gone :( I trusted blu ray discs & now I realize blu ray discs can fail just like hdd :(

You could try ddrescue. It also works with multiple drives so you might be able to get some data back. It is a reminder though that all storage media fails. Good luck!

Back