LG W3000H-BN or Samsung 305T plus

patrickgerry

Weaksauce
I have narrowed down my options on either the LG W3000H-NB or the Samsung 305t plus. I cant find the LG available anywhere. Is it best to wait for the LG to be available or just pull the trigger on the Samsung.

Thanks in advance.

Depends... The Samsung probably have less backlight bleed and better uniformity but has some lag and gamma-shift.

you can get the LG from ncixus (ships from canada). The monitor is impressive, however the first one I got had horrible backlight bleed, and the second had 150+stuck pixels. NCIX was actually very good with the RMA but I was out a fair amount of money will all of the shipping that took place.

Those who get good examples of the LG seem to be very happy, but I wasn't willing to try a third... still waiting on the 3009wfp (3010wfp?).

since you seem to be ok with the single input, you might be interested in the 3007wfp-hc. Yes I know the panel is slightly older than the LG, but the quality is supposed to be high, and Dell has the best warranty on LCDs.

you can get the LG from ncixus (ships from canada). The monitor is impressive, however the first one I got had horrible backlight bleed, and the second had 150+stuck pixels. NCIX was actually very good with the RMA but I was out a fair amount of money will all of the shipping that took place.

Those who get good examples of the LG seem to be very happy, but I wasn't willing to try a third... still waiting on the 3009wfp (3010wfp?).

since you seem to be ok with the single input, you might be interested in the 3007wfp-hc. Yes I know the panel is slightly older than the LG, but the quality is supposed to be high, and Dell has the best warranty on LCDs.

Exactly the same experience with the W3000H's little brother, the W2600HP. The first one I got had awful backlight bleed, and the second one I got after RMA had, like yours, a huge area of suck subpixels. Like you I gave it up, and bought an Eizo instead, and I couldn't be happier. Seems like LG's quality control is quite bad.

Gamma-shift isn't bad for most people since most won't notice it but if you do notice it it can get on your nerve. I chickened out and didn't get the 305t+ partly since I was unsure of this. But I've gotten the impression that the 305t+ really is a solid monitor aside from the PVA issues.

There's the HP LP3065 which is pretty much the same as the Dell 3007wfp-hc but with three inputs. Hadn't they upped the price with almost $500 I'd probably would have gotten it.

Exactly the same experience with the W3000H's little brother, the W2600HP. The first one I got had awful backlight bleed, and the second one I got after RMA had, like yours, a huge area of suck subpixels. Like you I gave it up, and bought an Eizo instead, and I couldn't be happier. Seems like LG's quality control is quite bad.

was the eizo 30inches?

305T+ out of those two, but wish the 305 would get updated with Displayport and at least 2 inputs

Back