LG V40 ThinQ - OMG this thing is crazy cool

Motley

2[H]4U
Yesterday I just got the LG V40 ThinQ at Verizon for $980. Ouch I know this is very expensive, its the most expensive phone I have ever bought.

This phone is just lovely, the 4k OLED display, wow! The 5 separate camera's, wow!

So today I'm playing around with it and I find out it has the most trippiest feature ever. There is a "live photo wallpaper", that moves around 360 deg as you move your phone around. This is not a video, but stitched photos. The one included was of NYC winter with fireworks. Apparently you can create your own 360 photo by using the panorama feature, and set that as your wallpaper.

crazy or cool?

It's not strictly a 4K screen ("just" 3,120 x 1,440), but I like that LG is still finding ways to stand out from the pack through its photography. If there's a style of shot you want to take, you can probably take it.

I would like to get V40, BH photo has a good deal right now, goes for 750 bucks and no tax for me, but boy o boy LG updates are something.... My unlocked V20 (US996) on Tmobile is still on Android 7.0 and latest security update December 2017.

If they would give a shit about updates i'd get it in a heartbeat. But after watching few reviews on YouTube i have to say phone itself is really gorgeous i like that 6.4" flat screen.

The live wallpaper idea isn't new, in fact I think it debuted with the firephone a while back as well. Its also been apart of some launchers as well. While neat, it does absolutely ravage battery life.

I would like to get V40, BH photo has a good deal right now, goes for 750 bucks and no tax for me, but boy o boy LG updates are something.... My unlocked V20 (US996) on Tmobile is still on Android 7.0 and latest security update December 2017.

If they would give a shit about updates i'd get it in a heartbeat. But after watching few reviews on YouTube i have to say phone itself is really gorgeous i like that 6.4" flat screen.
the V20 did get Oreo just recently, but only 8.0 not 8.1 go figure. I've been a fan of the uniqueness of LG phones for some time, just can't stand the lack of updates so I've moved on to a 1+6.

I hear the oled screen is much better than last year's v30. This device looks promising.

yeah my verizon V30 is running 8.0 but last security patch was Sept 1st so not horrible.

I'm debating getting the V40 as the V30 has been the best phone I've ever owned. It's between that or the Mate 20 Pro or waiting for the P30 pro in April. The problem is that I can't find a decent camera comparison as camera reviews are all over the damn place.

I'm debating getting the V40 as the V30 has been the best phone I've ever owned. It's between that or the Mate 20 Pro or waiting for the P30 pro in April. The problem is that I can't find a decent camera comparison as camera reviews are all over the damn place.

I'm so happy with my V30, I'm not looking for anything else. It would take quite a bit at this point for me to upgrade.

I'm so happy with my V30, I'm not looking for anything else. It would take quite a bit at this point for me to upgrade.
I really just want a better camera. If there V40 can improve on that it's the perfect phone

I was rather shocked seeing the G7 ThinQ camera being that bad on DxOMark (an 83 score). Heck XiaoMi has a phone rated at 103 right now, so what gives, LG?!?

Ya I've had this for about 6 months now, and I still love everything about it. If you're looking to buy one, go for it you won't be disappointed.

I loved my v10 and v20, two of the best phones I've owned, although I'll always have a soft spot for the HTC One which had a fantastic camera for the time, stereo speakers, etc. The v10 was built like a tank, although mine finally died with a green screen of death. I was disappointed when LG got rid of the second screen display following the v20.

I have the V40 and I love it. Got it to replace my V30, which was my favorite phone, when I switched to Verizon.

Back