LG V40 Has 5 Cameras

For different zoom levels, you have four options:
  • Digital zoom with typical current sensor - bad quality
  • Digital zoom with very huge sensor and resolution - expensive and probably too big for a phone
  • Expensive lens with movable parts - expensive and not suitable for phones
  • Multiple cheap cameras with fixed lens configured for different zoom levels.
Manufacturers go with cheapest option at reasonable quality, that's all.

I have not seen much more on this, but probably a normal higher res camera, then one lower res wide angle and one telephoto camera, to make a comped photo, and like someone else said already, to add depth of field to photos with processing.

Or a 3.5mm jack.

It still uses a new Quad DAC built into the phone, so I would guess that's a yes for 3.5mm. The reports I saw last also said it would have more or less the same features as the older ones, so it should still have an SD slot as well. Battery however I think is a non-removable 4000mAh.

With that said, it's high up on my list for replacing my Pixel 2XL, the lack of 3.5mm is not something I will put up with in my next phone.

I have the V30 with two cameras on back and it is awesome to have the wide view lens. I don't think they would do this unless it had some benefits, I bet it works out well and gets good reviews for the cameras on the V40.

Back