LG V40 Has 5 Cameras

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
After numerous leaks, LG has officially revealed the V40 ThinQ. The new phone features a whopping 5 cameras, with three on the back and two on the front, as well as a 6.4 inch display. In a promotional video, LG also touted the "silky feel" of the sand-blasted reinforced glass on the back, as well as the glitter on the side. Rumors suggest the V40 will feature a notch, a Snapdragon 845, and an otherwise similar feature set to the V30 and V35 that preceded it, but we'll know for sure when the V40 launches on October 3.

Check out the promotional video here.

940x450-Ryan-Reynold-Reaction-GIFs.jpg

Got to do something separate themselves from the competition. This just proves that stagnation is real with phones.

After numerous leaks, LG has officially revealed the V40 ThinQ. The new phone features a whopping 5 cameras, with three on the back and two on the front, as well as a 6.4 inch display. In a promotional video, LG also touted the "silky feel" of the sand-blasted reinforced glass on the back, as well as the glitter on the side. Rumors suggest the V40 will feature a notch, a Snapdragon 845, and an otherwise similar feature set to the V30 and V35 that preceded it, but we'll know for sure when the V40 launches on October 3.

Check out the promotional video here.
Sounds like this needs to be updated. #courage
Shocker-Set.jpg

Multi depth composition. It allows for greater depth of field with a opened up iris lens (more light capture so quicker image times and less blur) to improve overall image focus (the level of depth in focus). It really doesn't affect wide angles as much as they have a short focal depth, but for zooms or multiple depth subjects.

Although Bokah is sometimes a desired effect.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Not nearly enough.

Call me when the back of the phone is a full camera array.

Soon phones will look like this camera.

Yes, it is a real product...

They're planning on integrating that tech into phones IIRC.

Multi depth composition. It allows for greater depth of field with a opened up iris lens (more light capture so quicker image times and less blur) to improve overall image focus (the level of depth in focus). It really doesn't affect wide angles as much as they have a short focal depth, but for zooms or multiple depth subjects.

Although Bokah is sometimes a desired effect.

Yeah, that's likely what it'll be.

Personally, I'd like a good multi camera setup where one camera doesn't have a bayer filter. I struggle with low light shots more than anything, and theoretically that could help.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
You need 3 cameras so you can take a picture of 3 different girls wearing yoga pants at the same time... sometimes they sneak away quickly.

To try and convince people they need a new toy. Phones have gotten pretty good these days, and all the high end phones tend to have all the features you'd want, so the phone companies are desperately trying to find ways to convince you that you need a new phone to replace your old one and that you need THEIR new phone not the other guy's.

You all are laughing at this going "why" - here is the "why" and what it is going to eventually turn into worldwide just like China is doing now:

It's not an 'if' everyone, it's a 'when'.
Enjoy your individuality while you still can. :borg:

The dark cyberpunk future is truly beginning here... and will go into full effect in 2020.

Last edited:
LG sucks. It took them two years to update my v20 from 7.0.0 to 8.0.0. Hell they are six months behind on security updates! The phone was slow and laggy since day one compared to my note7 I had to turn in. It was only $400 for a so called high end phone, so I can't complain too much.

I think I will hold on and see what Samsung S10 is going to offer. I think the design will be quite epic. Sammy makes some of the best looking phones.

LG sucks. It took them two years to update my v20 from 7.0.0 to 8.0.0. Hell they are six months behind on security updates! The phone was slow and laggy since day one compared to my note7 I had to turn in. It was only $400 for a so called high end phone, so I can't complain too much.

As opposed to who? Samsung seems to drop support for their phones after 18 months. The G5 and V20 both got Android 8. Ya it wasn't that fast, but they got it, which makes it the second version update. Also, how do you figure it took two years? Android 8 came out twelve months ago. I'd like for cellphone companies to get better at doing updated but LG doesn't seem to be any worse than normal, and better than some.

I don't have too much trust in LGs build quality.. although my experience is based on low end phones. I don't know, I guess the one to imitate is starting to be Huawei.

At what point does it stop being a phone?
Already happened. Basically every premium handset out right now is nothing more than a palm pc that happens to have the ability to make phone calls. This also explains why call quality has gotten progressively more shitty. At this point I'm pretty convinced most oems have completely forgotten it is supposed to be a phone.

Was going to upgrade my LG G4 this month after three years no hassle use.

Then I remembered...removable battery!

It'll keep another 18 months.

Back