LG OLED model 9 vs model X(10) as a PC Monitor

Outbreaker

Limp Gawd
Hi,
Can someone explain me the pros and cons of this 2 Monitor when using it a PC Monitor for Gaming, Movies, Desktop with FreeSync, G-Sync, BFI, Input Lag and ...?

Last edited:
Hi,
Can someone explain me the pros and cons of this 2 Monitor when using it a PC Monitor for Gaming, Movies, Desktop with FreeSync, G-Sync, BFI, Input Lag and ...?
You're asking for a lot of information. Best thing to do is Google and YouTube your specifics and then read a lot of the threads here and at other sites. Hope this helps.

No that dose not help. This questions where directed to people that OWN one of those TV's.

I have the 55" CX and I use it as my main TV, but also have my secondary PC hooked up to it with a 2070 Super. I have Gsync enabled and playing at 120hz with no lag. Normal TV and movies look amazing.

I use a 55" LG B9 for my main monitor. Been using it for about 2 months. AMA.

Using an RTX or 16 series is best because of gsync capabilities, but it'll work great on anything.

I know that there is a better AI chip in the C9 and CX model vs the B9, which the C series and up uses AI upscaling so 1080p SD content will look better. I'm just going by what i've read, not be first hand experience.

I know that there is a better AI chip in the C9 and CX model vs the B9, which the C series and up uses AI upscaling so 1080p SD content will look better. I'm just going by what i've read, not be first hand experience.
If i connect the TV to the PC dose the PC not do all the upscaling?

I have a 55C9 and 48CX

55c9 is limited and cannot do 4k120 until HDMI 2.1 or the Displayport adapter

48CX does 4k120 420 off HDMI 2.0

I will have to check and see if my C9 has the latest firmware.

Last edited:
I have a 55C9 and 48CX

55c9 is limited and cannot do 4k120 until HDMI 2.1 or the Displayport adapter

48CX does 4k120 420 off HDMI 2.0

I will have to check and see if my C9 has the latest firmware.
The model 9 have HDMI 2.1 at 48GB and they can't do 4k120?

the 9 model DOES have 2.1 (even the B9), but can't do 4k 120hz at this time. Guessing its something its capable of, just not in the current firmware.
Well that was an unsuspected surprise. Then i think i will wait till Black Friday to buy a OLED and skip the B9 for 1k on amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well that was an unsuspected surprise. Then i think i will wait till Black Friday to buy a OLED and skip the B9 for 1k on amazon.
Also just because they don't support it now doesn't mean they use enable it with a firmware update in the future, kinda like they did with GSYNC support.

I haven't looked into it a lot but from what I've seen the OLED TV prices are gonna drop significantly in the next year or two. More production lines being used
and more competitors.

I lucked out an found an open box 55" B9 at Best Buy for $714. I saw someone posted in SD that they found one locally for $850 and decided to see if I had one in my local area. Just so happened they had one left an hour away! Perfect screen and not a scratch on it. Only bad thing it had 700 hours of use on it from using it as a floor demo.

IMO you can't go wrong with any of the LG OLED series.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
GPUs dont fully support HDMI 2.1 yet. We're hoping the new Nvidia GPUs will have HDMI 2.1 when they release.

CX has better BFI and supports 4K 120 Hz 8-bit SDR 4:2:0 over HDMI 2.0. Other than those the only reason to buy one is the 48" size that is much more desktop friendly than 55". I own a 48" CX and a 65" C9 and can't tell any real difference in image quality or how the displays work.

Back