LG L246WP and GTX 260 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie81

[H]ard for [H]ardware
Hey everyone I need help figuring out what's going on with my setup. My LCD is hooked up to my computer via HDMI->DVI cable. Running the latest nvidia drivers. My native res. is 1920x1200. All the games that I try to run at this res., the picture appears slightly smooshed. I cannot fix it with the nvidia drivers using the 4 scaling options.

The two games I'm really concerend with is Day of Defeat Source and World of Warcraft.

I have tried everything and cannot get it to work correctly, any ideas?

Thanks!

WoW loading screens are always 4:3 so I'm not really seeing a problem here...

If it was being displayed correctly wouldn't it be stretched? It is at the other resolutions.

No. Every widescreen monitor I've had displays that very same screen @ 4:3 ratio.

I'm not terribly sure what your exact problem is, but it sounds very similar to one I had (and resolved).

I have the same monitor (as my second display) and was connecting it to my GTX 285 with a DVI to HDMI cable. The problem I was having was that the display was shifted about an inch down and to the right, and was blurry.

Apparently, the problem lies with the combination of the LG, HDMI and the last couple batches of nVidia drivers. The monitor, whenever it is on HDMI, defaults to HDTV mode, ultimately displaying inappropriately.

I resolved the problem by following the steps at the following link:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=58483&pid=415123&mode=threaded&start=#entry415123

I'm not POSITIVE which string I used for my monitor's unique ID, but I think it is this one:
1E,6D,3F,56,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00

I hope this fixes your issues!

I'm not terribly sure what your exact problem is, but it sounds very similar to one I had (and resolved).

I have the same monitor (as my second display) and was connecting it to my GTX 285 with a DVI to HDMI cable. The problem I was having was that the display was shifted about an inch down and to the right, and was blurry.

Apparently, the problem lies with the combination of the LG, HDMI and the last couple batches of nVidia drivers. The monitor, whenever it is on HDMI, defaults to HDTV mode, ultimately displaying inappropriately.

I resolved the problem by following the steps at the following link:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=58483&pid=415123&mode=threaded&start=#entry415123

I'm not POSITIVE which string I used for my monitor's unique ID, but I think it is this one:
1E,6D,3F,56,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00

I hope this fixes your issues!

Thank you for your response. I did have this issue and used that same solution. Boy was I pissed when I got an Nvidia card and saw how the screen was shifted.

This however was not my issue. I think that after making some adjustments my games look better. For example in WoW I adjusted the UI scale and its much better. I still do not know why the splash screens have black bars on both sides though. Other than that, I'm still getting used to the resolution.

Thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back